Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Surface protection (Has come a long way!)

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    By “LSPing” I’m assuming you mean a sealant. I find coating wheels just as easy as sealing them..
    The Tahoe`s wheels are a HUGE PIA to prep for a coating, takes forever to do the polishing due to the nature of the centercaps and lugnut covers, and then ensuring that the coating is level is yet another major PIA for me. With a conventional LSP (yeah, these days it`s FK1000P) I don`t have to be nearly as meticulous. As best I can tell, a quickie redo annually when I change to the Snows ends up taking far less time/effort overall than doing the coating every few years and it`s an Accumulator-proof process.

This is where we Autopians sometimes don’t think things through and buy a specific product for wheel coating when most wheels are clearcoated just like paint. I can see plastic and glass being different, but to me wheels and paint are too similar.
    I just used Opticoat/GlossCoat, which I gather isn`t the same these days.

I`d kinda hoped that some Wheel Coating might offer better durability if slightly inferior looks, like...Gyeon Rim or Kamikaze Stance. But I don`t want to buy something and have it go bad because of limited applications the way my GlossCoat did.

I`m gonna talk myself right out of coating my wheels if I keep this up!

Post Thanks / Like

I think Kamikaze Artificial Clear Coat could be a benefit in some situations. It`s needed to be used with their ACC pad to build up and don`t induse heat. Would be fun to test it out and then coat it with a solvent free coating.

Here are the description that I copied

Primer For Soft Paints & Delicate Clear Coat Finishes.

Refining soft paintwork and clear coat finishes can be tricky as well as time-consuming. Some clear coats are so soft, applying a ceramic sealant puts blemishes back into the finish. So how can these soft finishes be protected from scratching in the future?

Kamikaze Collection has formulated Artificial Clear Coat to remedy the problem. Acting as a primer, Artificial Clear Coat hides imperfections in the surface of the vehicle and adds a durable layer of protection. This can then be finished with a ceramic sealant to give a long lasting, durable finish with increased swirl resistance and a highly reflective gloss.

Features & Benefits:

Hides imperfections which may be difficult to remove
    Adds a 3-5 microns of tough, swirl resistant layer
    Ideal for soft, delicate paint finishes
    Can be used to spot conceal problem areas
    Does not contain abrasives
    VOC & solvent-free

Directions for use:

Spray a liberal amount of Artificial Clear Coat directly onto the surface of the vehicle
    Use the specially designed Kamikaze Collection Artificial Clear Coat (ACC) Buff Pad
    Use a smaller throw DA polisher, such as the RUPES Duetto
    Apply using a slower speed to keep heat generation to a minimum
    Buff until the product disappears & a shiny surface appears
    Do not use IPA or Panel Wipe type of product afterwards
    Protect finish using a solvent-free ceramic sealant such as Kamikaze Collection`s MIYABE or ISM Coat

Technical Specification:

Does not contain Volatile Organic Compound (VOC)
    Does not contain solvents
    pH tolerance: 4-9pH
    Thickness layer: 3- 5 microns
    Additional hardness: 3-4H (pencil hardness scale)
    Coverage: 100mls = 6-9 cars

N.B. This product is designed to be used specifically with the Kamikaze Collection ACC Buff Pad - using alternative pads will not give the same effect.
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    And if it self cleaned after every rain and tires and wheel wells stayed fresh and flawless, we Autopians would be extinct
    This particular Autopian would be pleased as Punch. I`d simply love to not have to clean *anything* that I currently have to, vehicles included.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m still waiting for someone to come up with the self cleaning kitchen........Sunday is clean the stovetop day and I hate every bit of it

Post Thanks / Like

The early versions of this were referred to as `a wife` but unfortunately the times they are a changin`

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    I`m still waiting for someone to come up with the self cleaning kitchen........Sunday is clean the stovetop day and I hate every bit of it
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    I/we just clean it up each evening before doing the kitchen floor, seems about the same time/effort overall and we`re never greeted by a mess first thing in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1
    The early versions of this were referred to as `a wife` but unfortunately the times they are a changin`
    Or fortunately, depending on one`s perspective. Those "gender-identified chore assignments" are another of my (countless ) pet peeves.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information