Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

What`s the best spray window cleaner?

I keep my `09 V covered & as clean as possible, but rarely washed due to my health issues. Considering those circumstances, what`s the best product & method of application to clean & keep streak free. Many thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What`s the best spray window cleaner?

The best window cleaner I have ever used by far is Nextzett glass cleaner. The bottle is dilutable 3:1 but as is it will cut through the toughest crud. I don’t get any streaking with it. Spray on, wipe. No need to use excess product which could be the cause of streaking.
    Likes RaydiantDetail liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

You might have denoted part of the problem in your response. Cleaning is generally not the majority of my problem, it is habitual streaking.

Post Thanks / Like

You can use any quality glass cleaner found here on autopia (the nextzett one mentioned above is a really good one). The key is to use multiple CLEAN towels while wiping. If you stick with one towel it will become saturated with residue and spread it around thus leading to streaks. I personally use at least three. One for getting rid of the majority of the debris, one for getting rid of streaks that may remain, and another towel for a "final buff".
    Likes Stokdgs, Civicclutch liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Excess product is the cause for almost all streaking problems even on paint. The 10 liter version of Nextzett window clean is even better as it can be diluted 6:1.

I used to have streaking problems with Windex, both the blue and clear. I just think that was a crap product, but they sold a ton of it!

Post Thanks / Like

You also have to figure out what type of cloth you are going to wipe with. There are specialized glass cloths,MF, WW MF, huck towels, etc.

I have them all and find myself alternating often to get a streak free finish.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

And you need to use whatever type of towels that have not been saturated with -- dryer sheets, fabric softener, etc.. residue --
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Always wash your glass cloths in a load separate from your other MFs I wash mine by hand in a clean utility sink.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG. I`ve been doing everything incorrect. Windex used to be very good but that was back in the day of high buckle shoes. Naturally that`s what I have been using. Washing MF separate, haven`t been doing that either. As a spray can window cleaner I think that Stoner is the best but somewhat overpriced. Spray-way seems to be right behind Stoner, but reasonably priced. I`ve just become too cheap in my old age. I don`t use dryer sheets but have been washing in with my clothes and Downey additive. Oops, my bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Streaking might become minimized once you start washing your glass cloths separately. I find Stoner and Sprayway to be similar enough. I’m going to have to get that Nextzett glass cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Meguiars glass cleaner better than Stoner`s. No streaks and it smells like grapes.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That is my current glass cleaner. It does a phenomenal job on household mirrors and piano black appliances

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I have used Meguiars D120 Glass Cleaner in Gallon size for over 15 years and it always works great.. https://www.autopia-carcare.com/megu...l#.XCrmzlWQH3g
    I mix it at 10:1 in the big Meguiars plastic spray bottle = 3.25oz product to 32 oz water.. The smell is also nice..

Been experimenting with Nextzett Windshield Clear, which is also very good but a lot more expensive.. https://www.autopia-carcare.com/1z-9...l#.XCroo1WQH3g

You need good lighting when cleaning glass to insure you are not leaving things on it, and as has already been said, a few good, absorbent, clean cloths of your choice..

I personally like to do the cleaning with a good, clean, short nap microfiber, and then wipe it all off with a good, clean, short nap, worn out pure cotton cloth, long face towels from years ago..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

If you have problems with the inside windows and doing them fast. So you don`t get it run off. Sonax Glass Cleaner is awesome since it has a clinging effect that makes it to not run off. It`s very good at cleaning too. A little pricey though maybe. But you can use a glass cleaner recommended above on the outside windows. The most effective cleaning ability I have got from Angelwax Vision glass cleaner. Combo that with a no nap glass mf towel and no dirt is safe LOL. I rarely need to be following up with a second towel. It`s on me often since I have missed a spot with the first one.

Also agree with useing alot of mf glass towels is needed. One interesting product is Gyeon Silk Drying Mitt for cleaning the inside windows. This was picked up from budgetplan here on the forum. Have not ordered it yet but it`s on my list off getting. Also wash the glass towels separate as the no nap glass mf towels is very grabby and can be getting other mf towels to lint. Think The Rag Company has those no nap glass mf towels and could be named Magic something and is not certain of it but could look it up if you want. I have wanted to try the Carpro Suede mf towels the larger ones used on leveling and wiping off coatings with. And use them as a glass cleaning towel and think they would be good on the interior gauges too.

A last tips that I try to follow. Is that the last wipe off on the outside windows I do up and down wipes. And on the inside windows I do the last wipe off from side to side. That way if I get streaks I will easier see if it`s inside or outside windows they are on. With how the streak pattern is.

/ Tony
    Likes PoweredByJenga, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My overall favorite Glass Cleaner is Zep40, but I gather few use it. You do have to keep it *off* aftermarket tint and other plastic window films. No streaks, great cleaning. I do wish it weren`t an aerosol though.

The 3D 50:1 is also good and always seems easy to avoid streaking with. It doesn`t "die off cleanly" though as whatever it leaves behind eventually degrades. It`s not a real issue unless you let the glass go a long time between cleanings.

There`s a huge YMMV factor with Glass Towels, with things that work great for some being utterly terrible for others (e.g. Huck Towels). My best Glass Towels are the PFMs for Glass from Griot`s and their Polypropylene Window Wipes. Neither result in streaking for me. The no-nap MFs for Glass are generally OK, but the double-sided PMF seems better in a "best of both worlds" sense and are especially good with the 3D. The WWMFs for Glass eventually lint something awful for me and I doubt I`ll buy any more of those.
    Likes Marine Clerk liked this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information