Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fed Ex Problem Has this happen to anyone else

I have had this happen a few times. It was shipped back to the original shipper and I was sent a new package within a few days. You should eventually get a new package. As someone else said, probably due to damage or something leaking . My wife ordered epsom salts and it must have burst open. It got sent back and I got a mail notice saying that it leaked, was checked for Hazmat and a new package will be sent shortly.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like

I had one box from AG that made it to the delivery truck 4 times and the driver would send it back because of leakage.
    I knew the driver and he would inform me of the problem.
    Was it leaking the entire trip and no one cared or did it something happen between Nashville and Knoxville?
    I think it was the latter because of mishandling or at least I hope so.
    By the way my friend left FedEx to drive a big rig.

Post Thanks / Like

Some years ago,(20 or so),I had a Lincoln 3-ton floor jack delivered. The only packaging that was left on it was a piece of torn cardboard with the label on it, held on by the yellow nylon strapping tape.

Aside from a few minor scratches, no damage and it functioned fine. At least they didn`t lose the handle.

I admit,I did get a chuckle out of it.

I still have the jack. Still works perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Oh, and it`s possible things have changed, but there is a huge difference between UPS and FedEx when you call with a problem...UPS you talk to someone local who actually cares, and FedEx you get a call center where no one cares.
    ...they actually DO care. FedEx is really focused on customer service. The easiest way is to find out the building you`re getting stuff shipped from, yea a little tricky to track down, but it yields better results.

You guys are going to have to explain about the independent contractor part, apparently I`m not up to date.
    FedEx uses contractors for delivery, however they`re supposed to adhere to strict guidelines.
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
    ...they actually DO care. FedEx is really focused on customer service. The easiest way is to find out the building you`re getting stuff shipped from, yea a little tricky to track down, but it yields better results.
    I mean no offense particularly because I know that I may be saying something about a member’s employer. I know within any company there are employees that “get it” and put themself in a customers shoes and those who don’t give a plugged nickel, it’s simply 8 to 5 (or whatever shift) on any given day. That said, I sincerely believe that successes and failures are often based regionally or even locally. For me personally, I have consistently had more issues with FedEx than other carriers. Yes, even more than with USPS. USPS is the worst when it comes to “after the fact” tracking down a problem but for me USPS has less problems actually getting a package to me in good condition than FedEx. For me, UPS is usually top notch.

Given a choice of carriers, I never select FedEx even when they cost less. I have on more than one occasion chosen to purchase products from different suppliers because of who they choose as their primary shipper. The shipper that has simply amazed me has been DHL. I don’t get a lot of packages from them but the ones I do get are usually from outside the U.S. My experience with them has been overwhelmingly positive, their packages arrive as scheduled and in good order. That’s the shipper I would least expect this kind of service from.

There is one company in China that I have purchased everything from foam cannons to pad washing bucket systems. I get products from them in a week almost every time I have ordered, sometimes quicker. Lots of times I’m 10 days out just getting a package from Florida to Utah with FedEx. There is a lot to be said about a company that’s on top of it but once they ship it’s out of their hands. I believe that the Chinese companies don’t consider a weekend a weekend, so it’s actual days and a work week isn’t the same consideration as it is with U.S. companies. Products simply show up quicker. When I’ve done business with them DHL has been excellent.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are going to have to explain about the independent contractor part, apparently I`m not up to date.
    Unless it`s changed since I talked to a FedEx contractor a year ago, FedEx GROUND are independent contractors. The FedEx overnight/express and freight/18 wheelers are FedEx employees. The contractors are held to some high bars, enough that it`s almost impossible to make money until your running several trucks per the contractor. She was running her tail off, had two other trucks, and wasn`t making what she thought - she hinted it was less than 50K/year. I haven`t seen her, so I don`t know if she got out or not. I`ve heard that the turnover for contractors is high because of FedEx`s standards.

Gordon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
    ...they actually DO care. FedEx is really focused on customer service.
    I presume you work for them. I just sat here for a half hour trying to word this, but let`s just say I have a lot of experience with FedEx (I mean for a long time) and I`ll take you at your word this is the case now...but I`ve seen FedEx be the best of the best, and the worst of the worst...and that was so bad I don`t deal with them anymore. I`m happy if you`ve improved since that low point. And really, I loved FedEx, so I take no pleasure in saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    The shipper that has simply amazed me has been DHL. I don’t get a lot of packages from them but the ones I do get are usually from outside the U.S.
    I believe DHL discontinued their domestic service not long after they acquired Airborne Express, which was many years ago.
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gordonjuan View Post
    Unless it`s changed since I talked to a FedEx contractor a year ago, FedEx GROUND are independent contractors. The FedEx overnight/express and freight/18 wheelers are FedEx employees. The contractors are held to some high bars, enough that it`s almost impossible to make money until your running several trucks per the contractor. She was running her tail off, had two other trucks, and wasn`t making what she thought - she hinted it was less than 50K/year. I haven`t seen her, so I don`t know if she got out or not. I`ve heard that the turnover for contractors is high because of FedEx`s standards.
    Funny. I always thought the ground side ran better than the express part of the business, once they split them. As Gearhead said, I`m not trying to offend anyone, but I fondly remember the FedEx that was, before UPS entered the overnight business and changed FedEx forever. That`s maybe before some of you were born.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the delay in responding but it looks like others have chimed in for me.

I knew a guy who ran a pretty successful local pizza shop that decided to close the doors, when I was in there I asked him what he was going to do and he told me about buying 2 FedEx trucks and routes and taking one of the pizza drivers with him to deliver packages.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

Well the original order was placed on 11/10/18, the replacement shipment was missing two items that are on the way and should get here on the 29th. Not bad 19 days to receive what I ordered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information