Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Detail Guardz Dirt Lock Bucket Insert

Quote Originally Posted by mc2hill View Post
    I only use the GG`s in the Rinse bucket, whether doing a Soap wash or a Rinsless wash - there is a gallon of wasted wash water if I use them in Wash bucket.

As for reusing Wash water, I only do that if I am Rinseless washing both our vehicles the same day - keep the Wash water, but change the Rinse water.
    I like the Washboard for scrubbing the brush while cleaning the wheels at the end of the wash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    You mean that there`s not enough room, so you have to use a gallon less? Sorry, I must be dense today

I might be weird about reusing it for so long, but since even the *Rinse* stays nice and clean I figure it`s OK. I`m already going through a *LOT* of shampoo what with the foamguns, maybe a pint of shampoo per vehicle or even more (at least two gallons of foamgun concentrate, ~7oz. shampoo each).

Ah, interesting that you do the wheels last!
    Sorry I made this confusing! If I put a GG in the Wash bucket I have to mix up 3 gallons of wash solution to get 2 gallons of usable `wash water`, as the GG takes of a gallon of `space` at the bottom of the bucket.

I only do the wheels last if I am doing a RW without a full wheel cleaning. I remove the GG and place the GG Washboard in the Wash bucket with a Mother`s wheel brush to clean the the wheel face, doing the back wheels first, then the fronts, then the `slash` guards. By this time I am down to about a 1/2 gallon of RW solution, and it is getting dirty.

Post Thanks / Like

You mean that there`s not enough room, so you have to use a gallon less? Sorry, I must be dense today
    I know for me, I don`t use a wash bucket with conventional (foam gun) but with rinseless I don`t like to use a GG in the wash bucket because there is at least a gallon under the GG wasted if you toss it every time (which I do). But I always use a rinse bucket (with a GG) for rinseless, with a more dilute rinseless mixture in there, unless the car is only dusty.

Ah, interesting that you do the wheels last!
    That`s a pretty standard rinseless procedure, if that`s what he was talking about.

I guess we kind of got off topic about the Dirt Lock insert...maybe someday someone who has used one will chime in.
    Likes mc2hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Mc2hill- Ah, OK...now I get it Thanks.

Heh heh, I suspect my "not full washes" are different, I`ll often do *only* the wheels/tires, but I do `em 100%, not just RWing them. Funny how long I can go without washing some of the vehicles as long as I keep the wheels/tires clean.

Setec Astronomy- You sure read Mc2hill`s post correctly! And yeah, I suspect your various regimens are closer to the norm than mine (which might not be saying much).

So...OK, back on-topic...what issues is this gizmo supposed to correct? IMO if there`s that much contamination ending up in a bucket, any bucket, marring is gonna happen anyhow. Sounds like an overkill way to deal with a small aspect of the assumed problem (which I`d just sidestep by fixing the wash technique).
    Likes mc2hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll often do *only* the wheels/tires, but I do `em 100%, not just RWing them. Funny how long I can go without washing some of the vehicles as long as I keep the wheels/tires clean..
    I had a car where the factory brake pads put out so much black dust I had to wash just the wheels in the middle of the week just to keep the car looking decent. (I usually do conventional for wheels) When I changed to Akebono ProAct pads it changed my whole routine for the car.

Post Thanks / Like

Setec Astronomy- Yeah, finding pads that work well (and quietly) yet don`t make for nasty messes can be a real challenge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information