Post Thanks / Like

Can Anyone Source this Polisher Rack to the US?

I have tried and cannot find anyone selling these in the US or even shipping here. Does anyone know where I can buy 2 of these and have them shipped to the US? I`m willing to overpay somewhat.

Can Anyone Source this Polisher Rack to the US?-0f7a8855_2048x.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can Anyone Source this Polisher Rack to the US?

I worked for a sheet metal fabrication shop and if they had to design it on CAD, develop the flat pattern for sheet metal, laser cut it out, and bend it as a one-off piece, I can almost guess that it would cost about $75.00. Now if you needed, say, 100 pieces, then the price MIGHT drop to $40.00 to $45.00. Is it any wonder that off-shore (Chinese out-sourced) manufacturing could make this for about a 1/10 of this price. The brushed 302 stainless steel 14-gauge (0.0781" thick) sheet metal material price along is about $7.00 here in the USA (tariffs not included)!

I am "guessing" that the size is about 8" long and 3-1/2" wide at the top, with 3/4" long side ribs, and the center "hook" is about 1-1/2" tall x 1-1/4" wide with a 1/2" offset.
    GB detailer
    Likes Oneheadlite, Mary B, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie, I`m not looking to fab them, but rather find someone who sells that style to the US. Surprisingly it only seems to be sold in Europe.

Post Thanks / Like

Check with White details in England, I believe he has something very similar. Find him on you tube or instagram, very nice guy.
    Likes grungy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quick.silver View Post
    Lonnie, I`m not looking to fab them, but rather find someone who sells that style to the US. Surprisingly it only seems to be sold in Europe.
    I realize you are not looking to pay someone to fabricate as a "two-off" item; BUT my point is SOMEONE (or company) does fabricate them in the manner I described and am not sure how many they make at a time, hence, the cost (selling price) of such a buffing machine holder. Based on the hook in the middle, it must attach to or be held by some other type of vertical wall-mounted bracket. Just wondering, as this holder does not seem to be a stand-alone item that would sit on a horizontal work surface (table or bench) to just elevate a buffer and its pad/backing plate from such a surface as a tool rest holder. That`s just the mechanical designer in me.

I am used to "reverse engineering" (AKA, copying) mechanical parts and if I had an actual measured length of this holder, I could come up with a mechanical drawing with "proportioned" dimensions to fabricate this holder, hence my "guess" at the physical dimensions of this holder. The brushed metal look give this away as being made from stainless steel sheet metal and again, I was guessing at the gauge or thickness of the part.

It`s too bad someone does not a have a photo of this holder being used with a machine buffer. That would give me a better understanding of this holder/bracket "interfaces" with a buffer. It also gives rise to the marketability of this buffer holder; if more detailers saw how it was being used and think "Hey, I could use that in my shop!", someone here in the USA might produce and sell it. (from the movie "Despicable Me", LIGHT BULB!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is not the answer you seek, but have you tried just doing a ebay/google image search for angle grinder holder.
    The principales the same.

Unless this was a need as a detailing shop , eh, I`m a minimalist. I`d rather have that stuff in the tool cabinet, out of sight, out of mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello quick.silver

This holder looks like the one on an Ammo NYC. Youtube video.
    "Must have Detailing Tools & Toys Review"
    I believe he has them made and to shoot him an E-mail if interested.
    He does have a Detail supply site Ammo NYC.
    Good luck
    Likes upon3 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I worked for a sheet metal fabrication shop and if they had to design it on CAD, develop the flat pattern for sheet metal, laser cut it out, and bend it as a one-off piece, I can almost guess that it would cost about $75.00. Now if you needed, say, 100 pieces, then the price MIGHT drop to $40.00 to $45.00. Is it any wonder that off-shore (Chinese out-sourced) manufacturing could make this for about a 1/10 of this price. The brushed 302 stainless steel 14-gauge (0.0781" thick) sheet metal material price along is about $7.00 here in the USA (tariffs not included)!

I am "guessing" that the size is about 8" long and 3-1/2" wide at the top, with 3/4" long side ribs, and the center "hook" is about 1-1/2" tall x 1-1/4" wide with a 1/2" offset.
    That part is literally like a 2 minute CAD model.

I miss working at a company where we had screw machines, plastic molding, sheet metal fabrication, and powder coating all in house. I could model up a sheet metal part and have it on my desk all powder coated the next day. I made a few custom parts for my motorcycle back then.
    Likes Oneheadlite, JustJesus, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

responding to Raskys post
    OT. It`s crazzzzzzy where technology has gone.

Kinda like the dentist office for something like a crown. Where they used to make a mold, wait a couple weeks for the mould to be made, then back to the dentist for fitting, etc etc. All is done on the spot with 3D printing.
    Likes RaskyR1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Some time back, i saw them on ebay. For cheap. And they did deliver to USA. Didn`t care for it, so didn`t order one. Was just curious about it.

Not sure if Pan the Organizer had one in one of his videos. Maybe Larry of Ammo?

Okay... here you go. found it rather quickly, actually.

edit: and if you were open to other designs, Speedmaster and Griot`s have options.

Here is the Speedmaster... https://www.autopia-carcare.com/spee...l#.W2oVBShKiM8

Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Griots three polisher holder looks pretty good at $79 and even less on sale. The Speedmaster one polisher holder has appeared on eBay for $35 plus shipping. I don’t know if I’m helping, but I’m trying. Lol
    Likes JustJesus, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Get the Griot`s and call it a day.

Review - Griot`s Garage Orbital Polsiher Rack
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Mary B, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, from those pics I can see the center "hook" is for hanging/wrapping the electrical cord on.
    One VERY nice feature of this rack is the plastic edge guard on the top of the sheet metal where the buffer actually hangs to keep from scratching the buffer.

The original poster`s picture of the holder in this thread is that one seems to be kind of small and made for a compact buffer compared to Griots pictures in Guz`s linked post above, which is definitely for the larger LT-DAs (Long-Throw Dual-Action Boss Machines).
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

The White Details guy does the BEST youtube videos.

Thread Information