Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speed Master rolling detail cart

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    GearHead1- Noting that my wife has had spinal surgeries, including fusion (gained inches in height!)..OK, those are the kinds of reasons that I was wondering about. Just didn`t expect this kind of seat to be significantly beneficial for some reason.
    Yeah, I’d seriously need to hire the services out if I didn’t use rolling carts. I cleaned my truck up on Friday. Not a major detail but a proper exterior cleaning using pressure washer, cannon and two buckets and finished with HydroBlue, took me and my wife (she’s really good help) about 4 hours, I’m not fast by any means.

I usually do the tires, wheels, wells, rockers, power running boards, steps, roof, hood and windshield, basically the low and high bits. She takes care of everything in between including grill, door jams, windows, bumpers, air dam, bed, gate etc. I literally spent the better part of 2 hrs. of the 4 sitting on these seats. I simply cannot kneel on one of my legs and squats stop just a bit beyond 90 degrees of knee bend, that’s all the joints are designed to do. I also have one of AutoGeek’s kneeling pads. It lets me get down on the other knee when necessary and is a real blessing helping me get on and off a creeper. I bring two carts out and just leave one on each side of the vehicle.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Mary B, SWETM liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Yeah, I’d seriously need to hire the services out if I didn’t use rolling carts. I cleaned my truck up on Friday. Not a major detail but a proper exterior cleaning using pressure washer, cannon and two buckets and finished with HydroBlue, took me and my wife (she’s really good help) about 4 hours, I’m not fast by any means.

I usually do the tires, wheels, wells, rockers, power running boards, steps, roof, hood and windshield, basically the low and high bits. She takes care of everything in between including grill, door jams, windows, bumpers, air dam, bed, gate etc. I literally spent the better part of 2 hrs. of the 4 sitting on these seats. I simply cannot kneel on one of my legs and squats stop just a bit beyond 90 degrees of knee bend, that’s all the joints are designed to do. I also have one of AutoGeek’s kneeling pads. It lets me get down on the other knee when necessary and is a real blessing helping me get on and off a creeper. I bring two carts out and just leave one on each side of the vehicle.

Sorry to hear GearHead !!

Me.. bad knees, since my 20s. Old sports injuries, been wearing neoprene braces for 30 years.
    The kneeling isn`t too bad. It`s the getting up that is a struggle.

Likes GearHead_1, boxermom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Link?
    https://www.autopia-carcare.com/roll...l#.Ww0_G4WcHb0
    https://www.autogeek.net/detailing-supplies-cart.html

I bought mine on one their 15% store wide sales
    For a senior this is great when doing my wheels and spraying quick detail. I start in the back and work my way along the sides. Neighbors think I am nuts but by know they should know better..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks KB

That looks like the one I have from another vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    https://www.autopia-carcare.com/roll...l#.Ww0_G4WcHb0
    https://www.autogeek.net/detailing-supplies-cart.html

I bought mine on one their 15% store wide sales
    For a senior this is great when doing my wheels and spraying quick detail. I start in the back and work my way along the sides. Neighbors think I am nuts but by know they should know better..

Post Thanks / Like

This would have saved my knees this weekend.

I have the bucket/dolly version that I decided is a pain and not handy at all unless I was doing a huge RV or something.

Post Thanks / Like

GearHead_1- Yikes, that`s a lot to deal with at every wash, nice that your wife helps out. Four hours sounds mighty quick to me!

I too use two Utility Carts when I wash, and redundant buckets/hoses on each side so I don`t have to mess around moving them so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    GearHead_1- Yikes, that`s a lot to deal with at every wash, nice that your wife helps out. Four hours sounds mighty quick to me!
    Yeah I get it, a full detail takes me a day and a half. I didn’t do any of the under carriage beyond wheel wells, coil overs bottoms of the running boards and shocks, wheels stayed on. In fact, I’m to the point that the wheel barrels only get real love at 3000 mile interval rotations. In between washes get a chemical decontamination and nook and cranny wash. It wasn’t a full tilt detail and though I used a bit of clay there was no polishing involved. It looks good and was all I was willing to invest this go round.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

GearHead_1- Heh heh, that "looks good" (to you) and consuming what resources *you* are willing to invest are the Gold Standard IMO.

Way I see it, just because one person (or a crowd of a million Autopian people) does something a certain way that doesn`t make it right for everybody.

AND (thinking of a prior discussion)...you enjoy doing this stuff! That alone vindicates whatever you`re doing in my book.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NLove View Post
    I have the Griots version. It is a back saver for sure, it wheels around very easy. I wish it has some type bottle hanger on it.
    Griots has cup holders that will clip onto the smaller useless cup holders (holds their large bottles and a butt cushion you can add.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Yep, decide whether you want a black seat or a red seat. I’d like to try one to. I’m a fan of rolling seats and have several. This one peaks my interest, the only reason I’ve held of is the fact that it appears to have a hard seat.
    Griots has a butt pad. See above pic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Griots has a butt pad. See above pic

Thinkn’ my comment was pre-seat pad.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Griots has cup holders that will clip onto the smaller useless cup holders (holds their large bottles and a butt cushion you can add.

I thought those cup holders were for beer.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information