Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

If you were buying a pressure washer this week, what would you by?

So I`m ready to take the pressure washer plunge and start a foam party with Poorboys.

I am a complete noob when it comes to these things.

I know a few things-
    I want electric, I`d like it to be available local in case something breaks and I need replacement parts.

I am looking to spend around 250 total if that`s possible including a cannon attachment and whatever else I need.

I know there are lots of threads on this and I`ve read some of them and I kind of want to go the route Merlin went with his latest pw setup.

My water pressure is decent but nothing to brag about, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

Brandt K.
    Likes Poorboy liked this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If you were buying a pressure washer this week, what would you by?

I have the little Ryobi that Merlin uses and it`s just perfect .. doesn`t take much room and it works ...
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes 512detail, jatleson liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would also like to buy a vowel for the OP post

Brandt K.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    I have the little Ryobi that Merlin uses and it`s just perfect .. doesn`t take much room and it works ...
    would that be powerful enough to also pressure wash my driveway or the brick on my front porch?

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

This is an excellent thread. Will be watching, see what is suggested.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    would that be powerful enough to also pressure wash my driveway or the brick on my front porch?
    If you only do those areas a couple times a year at most, I`d go to Home Depot and rent a professional machine and get it done fast as easy ..

It`s definitely good for vehicles and spot cleaning of driveways and walls ..etc..
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

If I could really get the unit that I wanted, it would be a Krenzle, but being a college student I am a LONG ways away from that. I currently have the 1500psi GreenWorks unit from Lowes, I got it far before I was ever really into detailing. For my Dallas water, I find that it I am wanting more pressure and water volume (to improve foaming ability without installing some sort of water softener or DI unit) and because our cars regularly see 2 or more weeks in between washes. More pressure and volume would give me better debris removal. The 2030psi SunJoe unit on Amazon has my eye because it pushes out ~500psi and ~0.5gph more than my current unit. The SunJoe is relatively in-expense and seems to have pretty good reviews. Just be sure to go with an MTM foam canon and at least 50ft of pressure side hose, it will make your life so much easier.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 1800psi greenworks from Lowe`s. Got on sale memorial day weekend. No problems here.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p

Post Thanks / Like

Having used these for a couple of years, the best I can say is that I’d buy them again. Karcher K5 Premium. It’s @2.4 GPM and 2000 PSI, you can pick them up for $200 and some change and I have seen them as low as $175. They will clean cement. I have a 12 HP gasoline powered DeWalt 4 GPM and over 4000 PSI. Depending on the nozzle used it will literally cut cement. Even with the most mellow nozzle on, it scares me to use it on a car. I hardly ever use it.

I will say this one more time. Karcher and I started out on the wrong foot but the problem was taken care of in spades and I’ve had zero problems since that time. Subject matter for a different time and that thread is on this site.

I think this particular subject has as many answers as there are users.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes 512detail, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I think this particular subject has as many answers as there are users.
    I agree. hence why I left it for people to advise instead of asking some subjective validation question like "whats the best..."

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Sun Joe SPX3001 2030-PSI 1.76-GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer with Hose Reel

Need adapter to connect to `standard` fittings like another gun/wand: https://www.mtmhydroparts.com/produc...ersion-adaptor

Connected a MTM SG35 gun to it, MTM PF22 Foam cannon with a bunch of disconnects/swivels

Extra 25ft SunJoe hose extension to give me 50ft of hose which does fit on reel.

Once i got it placed and all hooked up very quick to deploy and put away. Figr`d if I didn`t make it easy, it`d end up being like excercise equipment, i.e. "Seemed like a good idea at the time"
    Likes 512detail, Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

IMO the gph is the most important for the capacity for pressure washes. Look at kränzle and their specs and see if you can find a pressure wash that is close to it. I bought a kärcher k7 premium plus flex pressure wash this black friday to replace my old nilfisk 100.4. And what a difference it is between them. The one thing I was after was the width I can clean rinse with. And it takes much lesser time to prewash the car now aprox half the time. It`s a bit of over capacity for wash cars with only and I often set on the spraygun to the middle of pressure. Tested on a stone brick in the walkway with the power rotor jet on and it was working great on that. Now I have the possibility to clean tough grime on various things. Do not use the rotor jet on cars if you don`t want to get ridd of the paint

Take a look at kärcher k5 specs and see if there are other brands that has better prices. If you want to have a versitale pressure wash I think you will be satisfied with that kind of power from it. And look also at the pressure hose length and 26fot as minimum and depending where you will have it when you wash measure the length so you can get to the other side of the car without problems. Is it importened that it has wheels if not their is compact pw that has as good specs. In the beginning the spray handle and wand will work good and when you have test it out you can look into other that suits your need.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/auto...l#.WjltJJdwE1I

This kind of foamcannon works great to consumers pw and just get the right fitting to your pw. Look around to get the best deal though There is a little nozzle (don`t have the english word for it) inside the foamcannon before the chemical mixing that will have to be right for your PW. It`s depends on what pressure and water flow your PW has. If it`s to small your PW pulses and if it`s to big the foam gets runny. It makes a big difference to switch the nozzle to your specs on the PW.

So think through what your needs are and where and how you want to place it. If you get a PW that is to small you wont bother to take it out when washing cars. And if it`s very powerfull you should respect the power water has as you can damage things with it if used wrong.

This is what I was thinking of when I upgraded my PW. I take it out every time I wash the car because that I want as clean as possible before touching the paint when washing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    I have the same thing. Smallest Ryobi they have at Home Depot. Does great. 2 years in and no issues. Uses standard attachments. One of the connection options that come with the cannons hooked up to the gun.

Post Thanks / Like

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    oh thanks Guz I completely forgot about this thread

Brandt K.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information