Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    The swivel for cheap.

Edited and made a mess.
    These are some of the mods. I can get locally. The hose looks good, light, non kink, not rubber .
    Likes VitreousHumor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: If you were buying a pressure washer this week, what would you by?

Is there an advantage to the 3/8" hose since I`ve seen 50`X1/4" UberFlex hoses for a bit less $$$?
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Karcher K5.85M, I have two both Gen 1 and Gen 2. They are the greatest pressure I have ever used, keep mind I also have a kranzle Quardo 599. Any questions man, you have my number, I`ll be more than happy to send you a video in action.

Note, they are VERY hard to find but worth their weight in GOLD. I bought my second one as a back up from a German tool enthusiast who is a quality freak like me. You won`t find a better built PW for the price, the plastics are insane, hoses & power cords use the quality rubber that lies on the ground and doesn`t whip up and hit cars.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post

...Note, they are VERY hard to find but worth their weight in GOLD...
    ”VERY hard to find” may be an understatement. These have been discontinued a couple of years now if I remember correctly.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I`d get a strong electric, like this one from Pressure Pro and CAT Pumps. It pumps 4 GPM at 3000 PSI. I`d order it with the auto start/stop feature. It costs $2424.44 without auto start/stop. I believe auto start/stop costs around $400.

No, I wouldn`t buy that one I just wrote about above. Not really. It`d be the quietest strong electric washer for me, but I wouldn`t put that kind of money on a washer and then be tied to an electrical cord. More likely, I`d buy a gas unit, like this one. 5.5 GPM and 2500 PSI would be great for quickly rinsing a vehicle or cleaning a driveway or house.

An important accessory is a great swivel. Mosmatic is known to pressure washing pros for making the best swivels and surface cleaners. I use a Mosmatic swivel in my little setup (2.5 GPM/3000 PSI/gas) and it takes 90 percent of the fight out of the hose.

Kranzles are awesome. I`ve heard only good things about Kranzle.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    I`d get a strong electric, like this one... but I wouldn`t put that kind of money on a washer and then be tied to an electrical cord.
    Especially this cord: 230V/3PH/17A. That would really limit it’s versatility.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Especially this cord: 230V/3PH/17A. That would really limit it’s versatility.

LOL. You just need a shop where the utility has made 3 phase available. I hear it`s great for the longevity of the motor.

I`m really liking the thought of that $900 Kranzle. I just don`t know if a pressure washer is that useful to have around. Too many posts of guys who have had them and hardly ever bothered to use them. I can`t get off the fence on this one. I almost went to Home Depot and put down $100-150 for one of those Ryobi`s just to see if it was around, would I use it.

Post Thanks / Like

So the hose that runs from the faucet to the machine should be top notch ?
    Or can it be a basic type ? With a swivel as well ?

Post Thanks / Like

The hose from the faucet to the PW you are fine with a basic one. In some cases a bigger hose diameter can make the PW pulses. Why I don`t know as I have only read about people needed to go back to the basic one and it`s working again.

It`s much about how you storage the hose that matters. If you storage the hose outside in the sun it goes hard on the hose. I would recommend to get a hose with automatic roll up as it`s often a closed box where the hose is in. Do you storage it in a shaded place you are fine with the basic one and also if you storage the hose inside you are good.
    I have one of those automatic roll up hoses for 7-8 years now sitting outside in the sun most of the time. The hose in it is basic nothing fancy but have outlived a couple of extensions hoses over the years. The roll up cage on the other hand is wethered alot. As I`m writing this I think that I will test a trim dressing on it lol it`s plastic material so why not lol

Once again hope my translation is understandable lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    The hose from the faucet to the PW you are fine with a basic one. In some cases a bigger hose diameter can make the PW pulses. Why I don`t know as I have only read about people needed to go back to the basic one and it`s working again.

It`s much about how you storage the hose that matters. If you storage the hose outside in the sun it goes hard on the hose. I would recommend to get a hose with automatic roll up as it`s often a closed box where the hose is in. Do you storage it in a shaded place you are fine with the basic one and also if you storage the hose inside you are good.
    I have one of those automatic roll up hoses for 7-8 years now sitting outside in the sun most of the time. The hose in it is basic nothing fancy but have outlived a couple of extensions hoses over the years. The roll up cage on the other hand is wethered alot. As I`m writing this I think that I will test a trim dressing on it lol it`s plastic material so why not lol

Once again hope my translation is understandable lol
    Well Thank you, just trying to line up all the pieces so I can snow foam this winter. Will be a mix of the best I can afford and some cheaper pieces,
    to get me started.
    Right now, my only hose is a shrinking kind. Works well with a foam gun, but a foam canon & PW not so sure.
    Learning everything I can for now.
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Well Thank you, just trying to line up all the pieces so I can snow foam this winter. Will be a mix of the best I can afford and some cheaper pieces,
    to get me started.
    Right now, my only hose is a shrinking kind. Works well with a foam gun, but a foam canon & PW not so sure.
    Learning everything I can for now.
    Yeah it`s a djungle out there lol

I have a shrinking hose laying around didn`t test it out before it got freezing outside. Think they are maybe a little more sensitive to cold wheather. But will test it out when spring comes. The thing I have heard about them is to straighting them out before turning the outlet faucet on. So they not have a folded part on the hose. After you have turned the water on and sprayed the Pressure washer a little so the hose and PW is filled with water. Look at the hose so it wont have any folded parts to it and you be fine. If you want to be extra carefull you can apply a fitting to the end of hose that is connecting to the PW. One part that you use to connect a extension hose with and then to that a fitting with a build in water stop you connect to PW or a spray gun. Then use a spray gun first to the shrinking hose and turn on the water. Spray with the spray gun to fill up the hose and get the hose extended. Disconnect the spray gun and you have not pressure in the hose and no water coming out and connect the hose to the PW. I can look for parts you need to do this setup. But little hard when not used to US web stores. Would recommend to get those 2 fittings to get the hose extended and be able to hold the pressure when switching to the PW. Just to get the shrinking hose safely extended.

Post Thanks / Like

Could not edit the post lol

This is if you not already have a built in water stop in the fitting to the shrinking hose of course

It`s actually not that much of gpm a PW takes so the most water outlets can handle it without a problem. So basic water hoses is enough. My k7 I use standard things to and is specs for alot for a consumer PW.

Good luck and foaming is fun

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Could not edit the post lol

This is if you not already have a built in water stop in the fitting to the shrinking hose of course

It`s actually not that much of gpm a PW takes so the most water outlets can handle it without a problem. So basic water hoses is enough. My k7 I use standard things to and is specs for alot for a consumer PW.

Good luck and foaming is fun
    Lots to choose from and I want to know enough when I go to look and talk to the tool company that I`ll be getting the pressure hose from and some of the fittings. So Thanks again
    Cold there??
    My state hit 36 below last night, without the windchill.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw mentioned earlier about upgrading the hose on the 1.4" ID units to 3/8" ID. That greatly opens up easy expansion options but won`t that lower the GPM and pressure coming out of the end?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information