Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stokdgs is back !

Hey Dan, so sorry to read this about your mom, but thank you for sharing. I can only imagine how hard it`s been. I`m extremely close with my mom and don`t know how I`d function if she was gone. Unfortunately though my wife is having to learn how to live without her mom who passed away unexpectedly on 10-11-17. Holidays will be different this year, but all the loving memories and stories will help.
    As others have said, welcome back.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

fly07sti --
    Thank you so much for your words of kindness..

I was also very close to my dear Mother, it is challenging at times, to think I cannot visit her or call her except through my heartfelt thoughts and prayers.. But I will take that and be very happy to know that she hears them, and not one whit of her, her personality, her love, her spirit, her character, her faith, her Being has changed, and the reunion someday will be so sweet..

I am so sorry to hear that your Sweetheart`s Mom passed away last month..
    Hope she is getting through this ok. I will add your family and her family to my prayer list today..

We just have to really believe that life is eternal and know that one day we will be reunited again..
    A loving God would not have it any other way..

Thanks for your welcome - I am happy to be home again, and while buried with projects that had to abruptly stop, I love to take the time to get with you guys and for a while, get back into what we all love doing out in the garage..
    DanF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    Dan, the time you took to thank every person post by post says a lot to me and definitely shows you are your mothers son. If I had the ability to choose my neighbors you would be one. With the words of gratitude and encouragement we could all learn from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Civicclutch ---
    Thank YOU Sir for the kindness - it seems that all of you great men from Wisconsin on this Forum are of the same wonderful cloth, and I would absolutely Love to be your neighbor - any of you guy`s neighbor..

I just try to remember every day what I saw my Father and Mother and Grandparents, and many, many, others do, and listened to their words as they spoke of how our Savior lived His sweet, short life, doing all He could to help and bless others.. And He has Never stopped helping us, every minute..

I know that so many have been there for me through a lot of hard times, and I could never pay them all back but I can always do my part in this Life to stop, help, and serve..

As I get older, I realize more and more that this life and life eternal is, and will always be about - Relationships - ..

Thanks again, mi Hermano..
    DanF
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dan? Is that you? It’s so dark and so cold?....
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Dan,
    Sorry to hear about your mother. You and I are alike in this case; me and my mother are very close. Been that way since I was about 8 when she separated from my abusive father. Fact, she lives with me to this day. Grandmother lives next door as well. Don`t always see eye-to-eye, but at the end of the day we are each other`s world. Not everybody can have those kind of great relationships with their parent or parents. Be glad you had a positive experience.

Take care,
    -Adam
    2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6MT - 2023 Toyota Camry SE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Dan? Is that you? It’s so dark and so cold?....
    You are Killing Me, El Gearheado_numero-uno !!!!!!

Yes, of course, it`s me, back from the disconnected (but for a good reason)..

Hope all has been good with you and yours, Brother...

Thank you also for all that you have done to help this Old-Timer out here in Northern, Awful-be-gosh, California..

Hope we get to catch up soon..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nizmo View Post
    Dan,
    Sorry to hear about your mother. You and I are alike in this case; me and my mother are very close. Been that way since I was about 8 when she separated from my abusive father. Fact, she lives with me to this day. Grandmother lives next door as well. Don`t always see eye-to-eye, but at the end of the day we are each other`s world. Not everybody can have those kind of great relationships with their parent or parents. Be glad you had a positive experience.

Take care,
    -Adam
    Adam -
    Thank you so much for your very caring words..

I love that you have your Mother so close by; I know its challenging at times, but it is the most rewarding times more often than not..
    And your Grandmother is next door !! Wow - I would love to have had that experience !

My Grandmother, my Mother`s Mom, was another amazing woman in her own right..
    Always positive, always wanting to make us some home made from scratch, flour tortillas - the ones that make the entire house smell sooooo good !!!!

One thing I will never forget about her - and I can still hear her sweet voice saying to me -- "Danny ! Always Remember ! Jesus Loves You!"

You are doing great, Adam !
    I am so proud of you !
    Dan F
    Likes Nizmo liked this post
    Thanks Nizmo thanked for this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information