Post Thanks / Like

Calling all Wisconsinites

Hey I’m planning a get together on October 15th in the afternoon probably at my place were I can grill some brats. I mentioned the 15th as I believe that’s when ShakingHorizons said he would be in the area. Let me know who is wanting to join, it’ll be in Watertown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Calling all Wisconsinites

And you guys can watch the Packers game.
    Thanks Civicclutch thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    And you guys can watch the Packers game.
    If we had cable yes lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    If we had cable yes lol

https://www.amazon.com/Xtreme-Signal...00CX700EY?th=1

Post Thanks / Like

By the way, Sunday, October 15th is an AWAY game with the Minnesota Vikings (or "Vik-Queens", as they are sometimes referred to by "more belligerent" Packer Fans).
    Is this just a social event/gathering for Wisconsin detailers, who share this particular hobby/passion/profession, or is it an opportunity to exchange knowledge of detailing products , equipment, and expertise?

By the way, how is your "refurbished" (AKA, highly detailed, by you) white Chevy Malibu doing these days??

Yes, I park cars at my house in the driveway and on the lawn for Packer home games; that`s why I had to check the Packer schedule.
    Funny story about that for the opening home game against the Seattle Seahawks:
    My (beloved) wife`s (female) boss had two tickets to the game, so she asked my wife to accompany her to the game for FREE. You simply do not say "No" to attend a Packer regular season home for FREE, especially not to your boss, (unless it`s in December and the wind chill is -25°F!!). The boss asked if she could park her car in our driveway for the game, so we "reserved" a spot for her. She shows up in her daughter`s boyfriend`s silver 2003 Malibu, who were also going to the game. We told her not to pay us for the parking, but she would have nothing to do with that. Looking at the silver Malibu and saw that it had probably never been washed recently and the headlights were dull and badly hazed over. So at half-time I went out to at least clean up the headlights as a nice gesture for the free ticket. That turned into washing the whole outside of the car. The bug guts on the front were horrendous and wheels even worse. It actually turned out OK for what was a "beater car" to begin with. The daughter, the car owner`s girlfriend, was ESTACTIC and could not believe I would do that during a Packer game (I missed the entire second half on TV, but could hear the crowd noise and stadium announcer while I did this.) Ahh, the perils of being an Obsessive-Compulsive Detailer. The wife`s boss went home in a different car with her husband who works at the home games, but she saw the car later at her home that Sunday night when the boyfriend dropped off the daughter and commented how nice the Malibu looked to my wife when at work the following Monday. It was a good PR gesture for the FREE ticket and came nowhere near the value of that ticket for the "detailing" service I performed.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

you don`t even need that

I used a literal paperclip for over 5 years in the back of a lcd tv

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s a get together for hobbies to professional to even rookies. To share stories and knowledge and if looking to swap products or give away is fine to. Just wanting to have a get together of fellow autopians when there was the posting of the new guy here in Wisconsin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    By the way, Sunday, October 15th is an AWAY game with the Minnesota Vikings (or "Vik-Queens", as they are sometimes referred to by "more belligerent" Packer Fans).
    Is this just a social event/gathering for Wisconsin detailers, who share this particular hobby/passion/profession, or is it an opportunity to exchange knowledge of detailing products , equipment, and expertise?

By the way, how is your "refurbished" (AKA, highly detailed, by you) white Chevy Malibu doing these days??

Yes, I park cars at my house in the driveway and on the lawn for Packer home games; that`s why I had to check the Packer schedule.
    Funny story about that for the opening home game against the Seattle Seahawks:
    My (beloved) wife`s (female) boss had two tickets to the game, so she asked my wife to accompany her to the game for FREE. You simply do not say "No" to attend a Packer regular season home for FREE, especially not to your boss, (unless it`s in December and the wind chill is -25°F!!). The boss asked if she could park her car in our driveway for the game, so we "reserved" a spot for her. She shows up in her daughter`s boyfriend`s silver 2003 Malibu, who were also going to the game. We told her not to pay us for the parking, but she would have nothing to do with that. Looking at the silver Malibu and saw that it had probably never been washed recently and the headlights were dull and badly hazed over. So at half-time I went out to at least clean up the headlights as a nice gesture for the free ticket. That turned into washing the whole outside of the car. The bug guts on the front were horrendous and wheels even worse. It actually turned out OK for what was a "beater car" to begin with. The daughter, the car owner`s girlfriend, was ESTACTIC and could not believe I would do that during a Packer game (I missed the entire second half on TV, but could hear the crowd noise and stadium announcer while I did this.) Ahh, the perils of being an Obsessive-Compulsive Detailer. The wife`s boss went home in a different car with her husband who works at the home games, but she saw the car later at her home that Sunday night when the boyfriend dropped off the daughter and commented how nice the Malibu looked to my wife when at work the following Monday. It was a good PR gesture for the FREE ticket and came nowhere near the value of that ticket for the "detailing" service I performed.
    Miss a Packer game to detail!!? Yep, sounds about right for Autopia
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If there is a going to be good amount of attendance we can move it to my shop, just gonna need help with moving grill there. That way there can be some shop talk and showing no matter the weather

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    If there is a going to be good amount of attendance we can move it to my shop, just gonna need help with moving grill there. That way there can be some shop talk and showing no matter the weather

you need a truck and one of those trailer hitch grills

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    you need a truck and one of those trailer hitch grills
    Lol

Post Thanks / Like

So is anybody planning on this so I can I get food planned