Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Finally ordered some new products

Ordered some meguiars professionals choice detailer products today. Starting off with the hyper wash and quik interior detailer. Also got a six pack of the spray bottles for when I order the rest of the products I want. Then a grit guard, wash mitt, ultimate wax. Have a few more things to pick up and then a decent sized wish list. But the wish list can wait for now so the wife doesn`t kill me when she checks the bank account lol

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finally ordered some new products

You picked two of the best Meguiar`s products. I use Quik interior detailer exclusively on my car`s dashboards. I`m on my second gallon of HW and will order more.

I`d recommend Super Degreaser or APC next. Non-Acid wheel and tire is awesome. D156 is my only spray sealant and I`m on my second gallon. Heck, I like all of Meguiar`s professional line

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear. I`ve been searching for awhile now and meguiars never failed me before so I decided to give this line a shot. Concentrated gallons for such a good price was one of my big selling points. Also figured the wife would be happier since it should last me awhile. i planned on getting the all purpose cleaner, hyper dressing, glass cleaner, wheel brightener, and the x-press spray wax. I started with the hyper wash and QID solely for the fact that I`m pretty much out of wash and I badly needed some interior detailer. Black leather interior and a 4 year old do not get along

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest trying the non-acid wheel and tire cleaner over Wheel Brightener. On well maintained wheels the WB is not needed, plus the ammonium bifluoride is some nasty stuff. I have both WB and non-acid. I hardly use the WB on my own wheels. Plus the non-acid D143 doubles as a very effective tire cleaner.

I have Hyper Dressing and the glass cleaner. Very economical and excellent products. I too have had great luck with Meguiar`s products.

Post Thanks / Like

Love the look of Hyper Dressing on black plastic but it does attract dust and dirt.
    Learning tips and tricks from fellow board members since 2009
    Likes LEDetailng liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailng View Post
    I would suggest trying the non-acid wheel and tire cleaner over Wheel Brightener. On well maintained wheels the WB is not needed, plus the ammonium bifluoride is some nasty stuff. I have both WB and non-acid. I hardly use the WB on my own wheels. Plus the non-acid D143 doubles as a very effective tire cleaner.

I have Hyper Dressing and the glass cleaner. Very economical and excellent products. I too have had great luck with Meguiar`s products.
    ah that is very good to know thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grungy View Post
    Love the look of Hyper Dressing on black plastic but it does attract dust and dirt.
    Well that`s no good. Do they have a similar product that does not?

Post Thanks / Like

You will love the HW. Just got another gallon myself. At 1oz to 5 gallon dilution ratio, it`s one of the best out there. And the soap itself is outstanding in all area`s.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up a meguiars clay bar kit today too. Looking forward to giving the daily some needed attention this weekend

Post Thanks / Like

As others have said, put the APC on your shopping list. Excellent product, very economical to use. I have it in three dilutions....2:1, 4:1, and 10:1 for different levels of cleaning. Since I use 4:1 the most, I actually keep a gallon jug full of that dilution.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleZJ View Post
    Picked up a meguiars clay bar kit today too. Looking forward to giving the daily some needed attention this weekend
    I haven`t used anything other than Meguiar`s white fine clay in over two years. It works well and is available everywhere.

You should buy a couple of the Meguiar`s supreme Shine towels. If you got kit with clay, quick detailer, and the yellow towel. That towel is the supreme Shine. They are a great towel/value.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    You will love the HW. Just got another gallon myself. At 1oz to 5 gallon dilution ratio, it`s one of the best out there. And the soap itself is outstanding in all area`s.
    One of my last orders I bought some Optimum Car wash to replace my HW. Trying them side by side the Meguiar`s just feels slicker. Good thing I still have 1/2 a gallon of HW. I love the dilution ratio of HW!

HW is my new maintenance wheel cleaner. I clean the tires and wheel wells first. Wash, rinse, and dry the entire car. Then I use my "clean" wash bucket water, poured into my dedicated wheel bucket. All I usually need is a wash mitt to clean the face and spokes. I rinse the wheels with slow stream of free flowing water to avoid splashing the dry paint. Saves me a 1/2-1 oz of HW per wash

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro PERL is an awesome product for tires and plastic

Hyper dressing is great on wheel wells and is very economical.

Post Thanks / Like

For exterior plastics I`d just use their D156/UQW. I *never* use any kind of dressings on exterior plastics, period.

Just FWIW, adding to what LEDetailing suggested, I`ve never used/needed Wheel Brightener, and while I`m by no means paranoid about such stuff I`d caution anybody who *does* use it to be very, VERY careful. Some damage is forever...to wheels and to people.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know about the wheel brightener. Package arrived today and I realized I accidentally ordered 2 gallons of the QID. Looks like I`ll be calling auto geek to see about exchanging the extra gallon of QID and the spray bottle for the wheel brightener

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information