Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone work at Audi or BMW dealer ?

I`ve got my wife`s next car narrowed down to an Audi A6 and 5 series BMW.

The questions I have is when is the A6 refresh coming? The A4, A5 and Q7 all have the newer tech , dash and tranny. I keep my wife`s car 7 plus years and don`t want to buy a car that will be old tech soon.

The BMW 5 series is a top safety pick plus. Has great tech and of course safety. I`m leaning in this direction at the moment. It`s a few bucks more but is was brand new redesign for 2017 and from what I have read it`s been rock solid.

Drove both in the twin turbo 4 BMW and 6 cyl. And the 2.0 and 3.0 audi. Like both brands. The audi looks great sitting there maybe edges out the BMW on looks but the interior of the BMW is amazing.

Little things in the BMW are Important to my wife. Bmw has auto trunk closer not available on audi. Make bringing in packages easier. Bmw auto retracts mirrors when parked.

Will decide over the next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone work at Audi or BMW dealer ?

I don`t know anything about what it looks like now, but does this help?

2018 Audi A6/A7: 25 Cars Worth Waiting For ? Feature ? Car and Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

JSF -

Not sure if you saw my reply on the other thread....
    Great cars to own during a lease.
    If you wrench yourself or plan to do 75% mechanicals warranty, that might be okay.
    A bear to own outside of warrant IMO unless one wrenches@home

Post Thanks / Like

Sadly these cars are really rolling computers. I might be able to Change oil and fluids but that`s about it.

I would not be able to handle more Than that. Time is also something I`m super short on and that impacts my diy projects. I enjoy doing them but work and family really take priority.

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    JSF -

Not sure if you saw my reply on the other thread....
    Great cars to own during a lease.
    If you wrench yourself or plan to do 75% mechanicals warranty, that might be okay.
    A bear to own outside of warrant IMO unless one wrenches@home

Post Thanks / Like

Indeed. One module could set you back XYZ.

It`s not something you really want to own outside of warranty IMO, unless one is prepared to wrench on your own or pay to keep up on the maintenance. Good indys are slightly lesser than dealers these days, and most of the good indys don`t charge by *time spent* but a margin less than book time..YMMV..

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Good reads.

Both are good choices and I`m sure she would or could be happy with both.

I`ve got my best price on the Audi and now I`ll get it on the BMW. If it`s close I`ll probably go Bmw just on be newer refresh. If these money to be saved big time I`ll go audi happily.

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    I don`t know anything about what it looks like now, but does this help?

2018 Audi A6/A7: 25 Cars Worth Waiting For ? Feature ? Car and Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Lease the Roundel and then CPO it afterwards. All the dealers are bleh, Rallye is the better of the bunch
    Likes The Driver liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You local ?

Lease the Roundel and then CPO it afterwards. All the dealers are bleh, Rallye is the better of the bunch

Post Thanks / Like

For service, yes.
    Morristown, Westchester, Competition, etc - I`ve used them all to some degree throughout the years.

Post Thanks / Like

If you feel like a drive

BMW North Haven. (salesman named Basil, always did me right)
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Lease the Roundel and then CPO it afterwards.
    I`m not at a dealer anymore, but I do work at a BMW/Audi independent. Full disclosure, we tend to see cars starting at 4-5 years old and up. We also do about 85% BMW, so my exposure isn`t as high to have as good of a feel for the Audis. But, in my experience they`re not profoundly different in terms of maintenance/repair. Like in your other thread, I still absolutely vote to get an extended warranty if you plan on keeping it.

As a general rule, it seems the BMWs get money hungry at about the 8 year / 75,000 mile mark. From other techs I talk to, in all reality I think that`s all German cars.

If you can`t wait, I`d get the facelifted BMW for the reasons you mention. Personally, I`d go Audi as it`s just my brand preference. I`ve put 67,000 miles on my avant since I got it, and pretty much all I`ve had to do was valve cover gaskets and regular maintenance. I am going to be doing a timing chain service though since mine is an early version of this engine and I`m at 170k. No intentions of replacing the car any time soon. My last car, a `98 A4 avant was also a solid performer that I put 80k on (sold at 225k to upgrade for more space/tech).

Post Thanks / Like

I`d say wait for the 2018 Audi, but you know already, I`m biased...

The new A5 sportback is nice but too cramped for me, the 7 series will be a KO against anything in its class.

As far as dealers, Rallye is amazing, to say the least. 7 Mercedes through them and even though we have had issues with some, it`s been the car and never the service. Rallye bends over backward and ALWAYS puts the customer first. If they had an Audi branch, we probably would have gone through them for the S.

A note: You blew past me in posts!
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.
    Likes JSFM35X, Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

JSFM35X- You and your wife oughta drive one of the Audis with that new shifter before you take this any further. Seriously. And that`s leaving aside the Q of what`s gonna happen when such things start needing service.

Just gave back a new A4 S-line loaner. And yeah, we *did* RTFM...well, we didn`t spend *hours* studying it, which is probably mandatory.

And FWIW, the car`s subjective "feel" is in no way similar to our older Audis (we`ve been driving them since my first one in the `80s). Whole `nother thing entirely, even compared with other loaners just a year or two old.

[REPEAT Broken-record advice to drive the actual vehicle, that specific unit, in question]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

And FWIW, the car`s subjective "feel" is in no way similar to our older Audis (we`ve been driving them since my first one in the `80s). Whole `nother thing entirely, even compared with other loaners just a year or two old.

[REPEAT Broken-record advice to drive the actual vehicle, that specific unit, in question]
    Blame that on the EPA #`s chasing. Everything is boosted. Batteries reach less than full charge, the list goes on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information