Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Body Shop Repair, Hack Job

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I guess I`ll never get Geico insurance. I`d go back and complain. Let us know how you make out
    as a previous insured and someone who works claims for a living, I would rate their claims service as sub par at best

could have been an isolated incident but doubtful

but just to clarify, he chose his shop, so any geico warranty was out the door right there...thus they are not going to work for him.. it`s between him and the shop
    that`s just the nature of insurance within the specific parameters of his claim

I`d imagine shop provides a warranty

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I guess I`ll never get Geico insurance. I`d go back and complain. Let us know how you make out
    I have no feelings toward Geico, good or bad. But Geico did their part. They paid the claim. Since OP chose the shop, as opposed to Geico`s shop of choice, Geico cannot warranty the shop`s work.

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    I would rate their claims service as sub par at best
    Interesting comment. Curious, would your company fight a body shop chosen by a 3rd party claimant? (or did I miss something that makes you think Geico provided sub par service? )

EDIT: Okay, I went back and noticed your other post just prior to mine. Looks like we were typing around the same time, and I hadn`t read that you had your own claim with them. Now it`s clear. - I was hoping you weren`t judging Geico based on some of these posts! All clear now.

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would continue to go back to the shop until you get it right .. also try the dealer`s Manager and let them know this will be your last dealing with them and Toyota,if this is how it will be in the future.

Stay positive and try not to tell them how to do their work as no one likes being talked down to... be understanding that perfection is hard ...

As I told Dwayne just after his accident .. go to the recommended Body Shop of the Insurance Co. unless there is a shop where you have a personal relationship .. and sometimes that doesn`t work out either .. #bad experience with body shop next door
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Poorboy View Post
    I would continue to go back to the shop until you get it right .. also try the dealer`s Manager and let them know this will be your last dealing with them and Toyota,if this is how it will be in the future.
    Take it even further. My wife had some dealings with Kia for her new Sportage. When she gets going, she doesn`t stop! She kept going up the chain of command. Kia people are now calling to make sure she`s still happy. Many months later. Might be different with Toyota, who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

take this to social media

when an insured of ours complains on our social media platforms, our resolution team is IMMEDIATELY notified....not saying the body shop has the same resouces,,,but it might get you some attention or at least warn others

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etnops View Post
    Thanks for all of the helpful replies!

I was mistaken, and based on Lonnie`s post above - this doesn`t qualify for the Lemon Law.

The adjacent panel perhaps was de-nibbed, and this was the fallout from it. I can`t imagine blending that far into the door, and only 1 area that needed to be wet-sanded. But I`ve been wrong before (and will be again). Still doesn`t excuse what was left.
    We cannot expect the shop will take out the rotary holograms, so that will have to be done by myself. No idea how deep they sanded into the clear.

After an email to Geico, they are unwilling to help. Not surprised, since they cut the check and their hands are cleans of this claim.

So, now we`ve basically got two options: Go back to the dealership and complain. Or, try to polish out the sanding marks and holograms myself. If there`s not enough clear left, I could run into trouble quickly. But on the other hand, it`s possible I can repair the panel 100%. There`s a risk in going back to the dealer, as they will just put the same amount of energy into the repair as they did the previous 2 times.

What`s everyone`s opinion? Take a risk and try to repair myself? Or go back to the fools that hacked this up, in the first place, and perhaps get a repaint?

Thanks in advance, everyone.
    They would only blend the color partially into the door but they would still need to clear the whole panel to be a proper repair. If it was done in a clean booth the amount of dust nibs should be minimal. I would verify with the shop to see if that is what was done. Regardless, I agree there should be no remaining sanding marks in the paint when you pick it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Op I am sorry you now have to deal with the aftermath of a hack job. This advice won`t help yountodsy but may help you and others in the future.

Today while things are good make it your business to ask you car crazy friends, neighbors or car club buddies for a body shop recommendation. You know who to ask in your circle. The same name should be popping up and if not does chances are good you are on to a reputable place. If your on here ask your detailing pals or the Autopia. Who does your car.

In NY state we have the right to choose our repair shop. You will be pushed to an insurance backed shop but you do not have to accept. I usually say I have a shop and I am very comfortable with the work they turn out.

No issues. What I am trying to do as I get older is avoid aggregation and I`m getting good at it.

Good luck.
    Likes Poorboy, trashmanssd liked this post

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    What I am trying to do as I get older is avoid aggregation and I`m getting good at it.
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Auto correct makes life interesting. Lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information