Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions for a vacuum cleaner?

Quote Originally Posted by E-Jag View Post
    With CR often times it`s "blind squirrel IS a nut" ...
    Heh heh, that was good

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike
    Funny, my experience with the Sears canister vacuum has been opposite of what`s been posted so far. I`m on my second one, it`s been going great for over 10 years with no problems...
    See how YMMV applies! Noting that my canister gets used basically *every* day and that I expect a lot more than 10 years out of a vacuum (my oldest Hoover canister is from the `80s), I can`t help but wonder whether I`m just kinda hard on mine compared to most people.

Quote Originally Posted by JBM
    Ive had tri star vacs, electolux, but my favorited for carpets is the oreck. I wouldnt buy anything else.
    And speaking of YMMV...my Orecks were all so utterly awful (all three of them including one of their big supposedly commercial ones) that I donated them to charity. Neither of the two uprights would get pet hair out of carpet, like...at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert
    House I highly recommend Dyson, 20 cats and 2 dogs and my wife can`t kill it!
    With a hmmm-and-nod towards that "...20 cats..", I`ll say that all the Dyson owners I know like theirs. I always wondered if it was a "justify pricey unit" thing, but it sounds like yours is at least *holding up* just fine. Have you noticed it being hard on your carpets? That`s a rumor I keep hearing about `em, but only from people who don`t actually have/sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by RMD
    Some manufacturers make a range of models geared toward different surfaces, like Miele, which is the way I`m leaning, but that line can get pricey real fast.
    Similar to the Dysons, every Miele owner I know loves theirs. Pricey indeed though, even the cost of the bags (unless you can buy generic knock-offs, which have worked great in my Hoover/Sears/Panasonics).

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you guys for your replies. I was thinking about getting a henry vacuum cleaner. Are they good?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes a dyson can be hard on Carpet but I also found that it mattered what kind of carpet. When I bought my current home one of the bedrooms had some definitely older carpet as the color was definitely not modern nor was the strand don`t know if it was considered shag or what. Anyways. If I left it in one spot for more than a couple seconds with the brush on it would start pulling them up. Fast forward to last year the last of the carpet in our home it was approx 5 years old at this point. Some sort of pet stain master from lowes. Middle of the line. Well pieces started pulling up from that. So apparently the brushes are pretty aggressive if stuff is loose. It will chew up

They are pretty good for the money. Last much longer than the 1-200 ones at big box stores it seems those all worked great the first few times vacuuming then slowly became less and less effective. So trash and or donate they went till dyson came out and a couple years later dropped the 5-600 on one pre ball stuff.

For shop vacs I like ridgid. Would like a wall mount unit but truthfully don`t use it enough to justify it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bessy View Post
    Thank you guys for your replies. I was thinking about getting a henry vacuum cleaner. Are they good?
    Never heard of it. Might be fantastic. You can always go to a local vac shop and have them sell you on what they believe is best. Support a local small business

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Thanks for posting that...kinda a "the King`s New Clothes" sort of thing since so many people think they`re All That.

And huh, sounds like the Shark Vacuums are a lot better than they were back in the day (I had one of their very first ones, not good).
    I have 3 Sharks - 2 cordless & a Navigator lift away. The Navigator is pretty legit. Good price, excellent suction, and it`s light and maneuverable. Build quality is on par with sub $200 price. Really after using it, I can`t see any other vacuum being worth more for me.

Now, Sharks cordless vacs are still using old school, non-lithium batteries. The one cordless I have I believe is called a Navigator Freestyle. It`s a lightweight version of the plug in Navigator. It`s not great, but it works ok for me since my house is 90%+ hardwood/tile floors.

The interesting thing is, I read a post on Reddit from some dude in the vacuum industry that says we are on the cusp of seeing REAL cordless full size vacuums for 2017. So, I`m going to wait and see what comes out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I have an earlier as in couple year old now dyson cordless don`t know model off hand and it`s ok. More of talk yourself into its better than it is cause the price lol.

I would like to buy the newest one but that SOB is $600 (v8 model) and right after I buy it a new version will come out being better than that one lol

Post Thanks / Like

Miele for me....and I use it alot...
    They make a super long crevice tool that is flexiable. Invaluable for getting between the console/seat areas
    The ~mini~ rotating brush head imo if far superior in cleaning carpet mats - it`s like a mini me that you would use for regular carpets, much smaller.
    German to boot...

Post Thanks / Like

Swanicyouth- Thanks for that update.

MatPersman- If Dyson would just add a trigger lock to their cordless I`d be all over it.

mobiledynamics- Another happy Miele owner, huh? So *their* mini powerhead works OK, hmmm...none of mine have ever been worth a [darn].

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information