Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adam`s now selling stuff from China?

My comment was they had gone to great lengths to not sell products from China for so many years (foam gun, porter cable, Flex, etc) with patriotic zeal. They went the Cyclo route - not one of the popular choices for a beginner machine -- before finally selling Rupes. I think they are making the best business decision.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes mikejames, KBsToy liked this post
    Thanks mikejames thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    My comment was they had gone to great lengths to not sell products from China for so many years (foam gun, porter cable, Flex, etc) with patriotic zeal. They went the Cyclo route - not one of the popular choices for a beginner machine -- before finally selling Rupes. I think they are making the best business decision.
    Thank you for the info. I guess I haven`t paid much attention to Adams and their products much before being directed to the new mini on their site.

Post Thanks / Like

Though it was bound to happen, it`s going to upset Donald.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Oldfordisbetter liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Donald stays upset. Are Harbor Freight polishers made in China? Aren`t Buicks being made in China now too? Come to think of it I may be the only thing in my house made in the USA. Lol.
    Likes mikejames, felixthecat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Donald stays upset. Are Harbor Freight polishers made in China? Aren`t Buicks being made in China now too? Come to think of it I may be the only thing in my house made in the USA. Lol.
    you could have Chinese sheetrock
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes 65chevy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

OT....having never used any Adam`s Products. Are there are standouts in the lineup that is you go-to, whether it be shampoo, dressing, trim , anything ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    OT....having never used any Adam`s Products. Are there are standouts in the lineup that is you go-to, whether it be shampoo, dressing, trim , anything ?
    Whatever you do don`t buy the strip wash. Does not really do anything. The regular shampoo is good. Other than that you can find similar or better stuff among other manufacturers.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Likes KBsToy, mikejames liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve tried a few products through trades and they are pretty good products.

The problem is, I can order just as good products through PBMG for less money and have far more choices.
    Likes The Guz, mikejames liked this post
    Thanks felixthecat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the reason why I use AC Delco/Motorcraft parts in my cars. ID care if the aftermarket parts have a lifetime warranty`s its a hassel replacing a alternator on one & a starter on the other.
    Likes mikejames liked this post

GTA-ish (North of Toronto but close enough to see the smog)
    Post Thanks / Like

I suspect they are trying to hit the market below the Rupes and have their own re-branded line. For a while they had the "Adams" cyclo with their name on the rubber handle grip. Not a re-brand but had their logo

I`ve got PC and Cyclo and when I wanted a 15mm polisher I just couldn`t warrant buying the Rupes (and used ones up here are few and far between and usually cost close to as much as new ones) so I went Chupes instead. For a weekend enthusiast it`s fine.

I don`t think anyone (in North America) could make a lower/medium quality polisher like that today and come anywhere near that price-point. Even at that, it`ll be expensive (the Adams one) by the time it gets up here to Canada that`ll most likely be over the $225 mark.

The real question is if now that they have their own polishers. if they will continue to sell and promote the Rupes or is this is them working their way out of that line.....
    M

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
    Thats the reason why I use AC Delco/Motorcraft parts in my cars. ID care if the aftermarket parts have a lifetime warranty`s its a hassel replacing a alternator on one & a starter on the other.
    You do know that AC Delco pretty much doesn`t make anything any more and contracts all over the world (China and Mexico being the two largest supply sources for them) and Motorcraft actually has manufacturing plants in Mexico.
    Both may put their own QC on the products being supplied but they are still manufactured elsewhere.

Don`t get me wrong, I put a lot of Delco stuff on my own vehicles with the hopes that it`s better than the white-box stuff.
    M

Post Thanks / Like

I still like their detail spray, H2O G&G, quick interior detailer and glass cleaner (now switched to Megs). Their VRT is good but it`s the same as OPT gel at twice the price.
    Most of the stuff is good and does what it`s supposed to (strip wash? WTF) but you can usually find the equivalent out there at a better price.

M

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    seen a picture of the mini polisher being the exact model of a "max shine"? brand. its a nice price but i doubt any pros would want to use it
    looks like shinemate rebrand to me
    and this error with line one on AGO and Autopia with space not working is annoying!
    http://facebook.com/ShineStruckAutoDetailing/

http://shinestruck.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information