Post Thanks / Like

Got something to tell you

First, I apologize that I have not posted pictures in awhile but my photobucket is causing me a problem since they changed the interface. I liked selectively uploading pictures, I do not want to dump my whole cell phone library onto my photobucket since their TOS say they own the pictures uploaded on the free site. My kids are home from school for thankgiving so hopefully they will show me how and Ill be back to posting pictures.

OK, I have a hierarchy of MF towles. I own about 250 Poorboys DMT (These Rock and the price is great for what you get). Purchased mostly on sale and at their detail weekends. I have acquired others over the years but nothing I found better than theirs at a normal price. I have not added any to the circulation so my supply of virtually new, unwashed towels , seldom washed towels has dwindled. Time to spend some money.

Well, I split a 25 litter of Sonax Wheel cleaner plus with Joe (driver on here) and he gave me a few MF Madness edgeless towels as a present. I love these towels BUT they are expensive. I started looking and asking around and I was directed to limitless car care. I purchased what I think is a slightly heavier version of the MF madness edgeless towel for less $. Same color and all. That towel Joe gave me is like 11.99 on line and with the 20% off I found it was still expensive so I passed. Well I located these for 8 bucks and they are awesome. You can possibly get a coupon as well as a first time buyer.

While I was on the site, I got 6 regular MF 400 GSM silk border towels , 6 edgeless MF towels and they are seriously awesome. The 400 GSM are super split MF * which is the best. (*my observation not a sales or marketing gimmick) You can tell the quality of the MF by how it pulls on the fingerprints of your hands as you lightly pass your hand over dry towels and these are as grabby as I have ever seen.

I also purchased some of their waterless wipe and this stuff is really, really nice too. The Silk towels were the El Rey towels and are very heavy, as are the edgeless. The edgeless are a deal compared to the Microfiber madness and are the same or heavier. My MF madness has been washed many times so it may just be the same towel but comparing a pre laundered to an already laundered towel. The El Rey`s are also very nice, and I like them, but they are a little more $ than the DMTs. True the El Rey towels are heavier than my DMTs, but I have not determined if that makes them better for my use. (detailing). I do like the extra weight, they feel great.

Conclusions

The Edgeless Towel is a winner. I am new to these types of towels and while I will not be converting my collection over as I am super stocked with other, I do really like these and my new purchases will be in this area if they hold up over time.

Waterless wipe winner-great gloss, nice slickness and smell is good too. Used it to wipe down a friends garage queen with light road dust and it worked like a champ.

El Rey Towels-Super nice heavily split towel. Nice and heavy weight, a little more $ than I usually spend on a towel but YGWYPF. I`ll report back after several uses and laundry cycles. I love that they are yellow, makes seeing any grit , or a grain of sand on he towel very easy.

I purchased these on a recommendation from a fellow detailer and as usual he was spot on!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got something to tell you

Can you post a store link to the soft towel Driver sent you ?
    I bought a mystery box that I think had two of them but not really sure what they are yet. (was just putting everything away yesterday).
    Real fluffy lt blue, looking like they were trimmed with scissors.

I looked at the price of that Sonax. Wow that`s expensive for the amt you bought.

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent to you. I cannot post link here for items Autopia does not sell.

The Sonax per litter is very inexpensive for what you get and I know I will be using a lot after the winter as I don`t get to crazy on cleaning wheels in the sub zero weather

But come the Spring- I want them clean!

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    Can you post a store link to the soft towel Driver sent you ?
    I bought a mystery box that I think had two of them but not really sure what they are yet. (was just putting everything away yesterday).
    Real fluffy lt blue, looking like they were trimmed with scissors.

I looked at the price of that Sonax. Wow that`s expensive for the amt you bought.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information as I always can use more towels

Thread Information