Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I need a blower, found this, Yea / Nea

I use the Milwaukee 18V because I have plenty of batteries already. Works great for grill, mirrors, sills, wheels, and tires. It has 3 speeds, my Mom claimed my 1st one. One nice feature is the end nozzle piece is rubber in case os bumping into anything.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I`m becoming a cordless tool junky. I have a Master Blaster and a Sidekick - but wanted a cordless blower to blow leaves and grass clippings at my home.

So, I went for what seemed like the most powerful unit I could find locally....

The Kobalt 80v Lithium Ion Blower:

At 80v, it`s pretty powerful and is very handy drying wheels and mirrors - WITHOUT CORDS! It has 3 speeds and will run at 90 mins on the lowest speed.

It`s significantly more powerful than a Sidekick. Prolly not as powerful as a MB - but moves a larger volume of air.

I think it was $250 (with battery & charger). I believe the tool has a 5yr warranty and the battery a 2 year warranty. I`ve had pretty good luck with Lowe`s - so I`m pretty sure if there is an issue - they will take care of it if it`s in the warranty period. I also think it goes on sale for $199 from time to time.

Years ago I had an 18v Black and Decker blower that was almost useless. No power. I`m not sure what the voltage of the products you are looking at are, but I would recommend getting the most powerful unit you can afford. The Kobalt blower was more powerful than the locally available one by DeWalt.

WOW !!! I have another woman that helps me from time to time
    She weights about 90lbs. We could strap that to her back and see if she gets airborne

Post Thanks / Like

That`s the Ryobi I have. Get the most powerful battery you can afford. I never used mine for the car, but it blows pine straw around pretty good. Ryobi has a full line of tools that use the same battery and that is a big plus for me. The batteries are the expensive part of the deal. If you buy from Amazon, Home Depot, or Lowes get the warranty, it`s only a few dollars and if the battery happens to quit you will be glad you got it. Make sure the warranty includes the battery, some don`t.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information