Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bird doo bllemish

I`m thinking about a car purchase, that has a nickel sized bird doo marking on the hood.
    Sure I can get the price down.
    Do I let them fix it or do I do all the proper steps myself ?
    If I let them fix it should I hold off on sealant & wax till it is repaired ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bird doo bllemish

There is so many directions you can go with this but my first question is how good and comfortable are you with wet sanding? Where is it located? Has someone else tried to remove it already? These are just the tip of the iceberg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    There is so many directions you can go with this but my first question is how good and comfortable are you with wet sanding? Where is it located? Has someone else tried to remove it already? These are just the tip of the iceberg

Wet sanding would not be a problem. Nor painting & clearcoating.
    I`m also thinking about the steps to remove the bacteria deposit from the doo. Steps I doubt a car lot will take.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Wet sanding would not be a problem. Nor painting & clearcoating.
    I`m also thinking about the steps to remove the bacteria deposit from the doo. Steps I doubt a car lot will take.
    have you painted before? also to remove the acidity of the poo use a baking soda and water wash 1/4 cup of soda to gal of water is more than enough if you dont want to buy stuff to neutralize the acid of the poo. it`s so acidic cause they poop and pee is all in one.

Post Thanks / Like

MaryB:

If you will, I`d like to impart some advice. Whatever dealership you purchase the car from will not handle this how you expect them too or how you`d fix it. If this is a used car dealership, good luck negotiating the price because they don`t really care that there is a small blemish like that, it is a used car, paint chips are a different story, but still present your case because you just never know how badly they want to sell it. If you`re buying a new car from a dealership they may knock down the price by a few hundred dollars. However, either way you look at both scenarios the dealership is going to think that you`re nutz. Unfortunately, the majority of modern dealerships are run by people who think they know everything about cars just because they `work at a dealership`. The number of true automotive enthusiasts, in a dealership, is not as great as one would think. Don`t forget that a dealership is a business, a business that wants/needs to make money. With that being said they may just look at you and tell you to move on, every car has a buyer. If you really want to search for a discount, start inquiring about how long the vehicle has been on the lot, how much they have in it, compare vehicles within 150 miles of you via the web for negotiations, and mechanical maintenance if this is a used car. I`ve spent time working at a used car dealership, oh the stories I could tell, and the insider knowledge I could share; it would put most used car dealerships out of business, I know it all.

If you get the car, this is an issue that you or a really good bodyshop should rectify, there are not many people who will fix it to your satisfaction. If you have to wait until you fix it, clean the spot well and then cover it with a wax or sealant. I would personally clean the spot well, give it a good polishing, fill in all the gaps the poop has created with a Duplicolor pen-like clear coat, and then seal it/live with the mark, I`d personally never sand any body panel unless I paint the entire panel. A spot fix hardly ever ends up matching the look of the factory paint.

Good luck with everything! And remember to do your homework, knowledge is power, especially in this circumstance.

Post Thanks / Like

What about a DR.colorchip squeegee kit as a repair I can live with. After cleaning with baking soda ?

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve personally have never used it as I haven`t had the need to, I`m sure others will chime in. I`d google the heck out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Dr. Colorchip is made for chips, not sure it is what you are looking for. Take it to a body shop and ask them their professional opinion. Also ask yourself what you are willing to live with.

Post Thanks / Like

I`d use the stuff made for this/approved by automakers, ValuGard`s ABC system. Neutralizing that contamination might take something a whole lot more potent than you`d expect. The sooner you remove/neutralize the contamination the better, the longer it dwells there the worse the problem will get.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    I`ve personally have never used it as I haven`t had the need to, I`m sure others will chime in. I`d google the heck out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Dr. Colorchip is made for chips, not sure it is what you are looking for. Take it to a body shop and ask them their professional opinion. Also ask yourself what you are willing to live with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`d use the stuff made for this/approved by automakers, ValuGard`s ABC system. Neutralizing that contamination might take something a whole lot more potent than you`d expect. The sooner you remove/neutralize the contamination the better, the longer it dwells there the worse the problem will get.
    Wanted to Thank you guys for your informed opinion, which is invaluable to me.
    I did buy the car, got them down 4k. I can live with that.
    Plus after a foam, clay mitt decon, and foam. It was not what it looked & felt like, can`t even find where it was. Man I got lucky

This is the area that the doo was on.... nothin` , sweet !
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You`re fine then, looks excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

You`re fine then, looks excellent.
    Thanks.
    Really nice car, `16 Chevy Malibu, 50miles on her, black with gold metal flake.
    Traded in my gold `11 Toyota Camry, in good shape at 58k miles, was also my
    practice car, so it was highly polished and would like to think I got a good deal because she looked so well maintained.
    Got alota products just itchin` to use on my new ride, see what I`ve learned. ( carlot swirls, U know )
    Will be postin`

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.
    Really nice car, `16 Chevy Malibu, 50miles on her, black with gold metal flake.
    Traded in my gold `11 Toyota Camry, in good shape at 58k miles, was also my
    practice car, so it was highly polished and would like to think I got a good deal because she looked so well maintained.
    Got alota products just itchin` to use on my new ride, see what I`ve learned. ( carlot swirls, U know )
    Will be postin`

We got a `16 Malibu at work the other day, I will say that Chevy did impress me. I like the infotainment screen/center console, my only complaint is the lack of interior trunk button, for the life of me I couldn`t that dang button. The car drives nicely too, I bet you`re going to make that flake POP.

Post Thanks / Like

We got a `16 Malibu at work the other day, I will say that Chevy did impress me. I like the infotainment screen/center console, my only complaint is the lack of interior trunk button, for the life of me I couldn`t that dang button. The car drives nicely too, I bet you`re going to make that flake POP.
    I will give it my best.
    I`ve never seen Gold metal flake in black only silver.
    She`s been decon-ed so far, now what to use on her....??

Post Thanks / Like

I will give it my best.
    I`ve never seen Gold metal flake in black only silver.
    She`s been decon-ed so far, now what to use on her....??
    Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant followed by Wolfgang`s fusion spray wax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information