Post Thanks / Like

MyTee Spray Nozzle

My brand new Mytee spray nozzle only sprays a 1 inch spray path but the wand is 3 inches wide. I checked the tip, it looks clean. I poked it and cleaned it and it stayed the same.

I`m hoping someone here has run into this problem and came-up with a solution. Anybody have any suggestions besides calling Mytee?
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MyTee Spray Nozzle

Quote Originally Posted by EXPDetailing View Post
    My brand new Mytee spray nozzle only sprays a 1 inch spray path but the wand is 3 inches wide. I checked the tip, it looks clean. I poked it and cleaned it and it stayed the same.

I`m hoping someone here has run into this problem and came-up with a solution. Anybody have any suggestions besides calling Mytee?
    Did it ever spray wider ?

If it did, then you probably have some blockage inside the jet and/or in the little tube that is under the tool that the jet connects to...
    Carefully unscrew the nozzle jet and look inside it from the back.. Mine are all brass parts so if yours are, be careful, brass is soft metal..

I just blow it out after its removed from the front to the back and that gets whatever in there out..

The best thing for these parts is to periodically, run some Distilled White Vinegar through the system and through all your tools and that will help keep the line and the tools clean internally..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestion. No, I have not tried that. I do not remember if it ever sprayed wider.

Post Thanks / Like

I will go out and fire mine up and see how wide the spray pattern is..
    DanF
    Likes EXPDetailing liked this post
    Thanks EXPDetailing thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a new wand for my mytee that did the same thing. I changed all my tips to 110° (11002) from what they came with which was 60°-80° (8002 or 6002). Made for a much wider spray pattern.
    auto detailing arroyo grande
    Likes Stokdgs, EXPDetailing liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, EXPDetailing thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

EXPDetailing,
    I just turned on my HP60 and the nozzle sprays easily 4" at the end and holding it out farther the pattern easily doubles that the further away you hold it from the ground..

While I was testing this, the nozzle got clogged up!

So I took a 1/2" open end wrench and removed it, cleaned it out with a qtip and some distilled white vinegar, and it started working fine again..

I like what Fast Eddie said above about the nozzles on his machine being smaller..
    Guess they could do that at the factory, etc..

Perhaps if the cleaning out does not help you may need to check this out..

The last thing I can think of - at the bottom of the HP60 water tank is a small screen over an opening - this is how the water goes from the pump to the water line, and out the nozzle on the tool..
    Make sure that little round screen is also clean of debris, etc., as this could also affect how much water gets to your nozzle..

I have 4 extractor tools so it is easy to change to a different type and see what happens..
    Good Luck !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys! This is exactly what I was wanting to know!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

EXPDetailing -
    We are glad to help !!
    Hope you got it working..

Just wanted to add that when I had this stainless steel upholstery tool clog up today, and I took the nozzle off off and cleaned it with a Qtip soaked in Distilled White Vinegar, I also got a lot of a light yellow/brown stuff off of the area around the inside of that nozzle..
    So I used a few more QTips and really cleaned all around in there to just keep that corrosion down..

It`s brass I believe - at least its a brass color nozzle, and certainly being wet and then not dried out completely after each use, corrosion will happen, so its probably good to once and awhile, clean out the nozzles anyway..

This in addition to running some Distilled White Vinegar through your water tank all the way through the system and out of ALL your Extractor Tools, so they all get a little cleaning too..

Distilled White Vinegar is just a few dollars at Walmart or any grocery store...

I always use it and after about 10 years of working my HP60 out really hard, it has never had a failure other than occasionally a brass nozzle will get a little clog like I presume, yours did..

Perhaps a little bit of corrosion flaked off and that is what clogged my nozzle...
    Dan F

Thread Information