Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up PDR and Dentsmart

I posted a few weeks ago looking for anyone that had good experience with Paintless Dent Repair (PDR). PDR has been around for a long time, but I had never experienced it or talked to anyone that had experienced it. I recently bought a 2011 BMW 335d and it had some small dents in the hood/roof/trunk. I personally counted 9 dents. I took pictures of the dents and sent them to a company named Dentsmart who does mobile dent repair in a number of states. They gave me a figure for the service and I agreed to it and set up an appointment. The technician came today and all I can say is "WOW!". I am not easily impressed and I did not expect this high level of work in such a short (3 hours) timeframe. He set up his lighting system and after inspection he found 40 dents! Now I have not done anything but washed the car a few times since I had it (waiting to fully correct after all dents were removed), but the 40 dents thing astonished me. As detailers we know lighting is very important, in his job it is ultra critical. There are some YouTube videos that show the type of lighting they use (impressive). There was one dent on the door above the window that I had serious doubts he would be able to remove, but it looks perfect! The whole car looks perfect (as far as dents). I am very happy and I want everyone to know that PDR is possible and the results are outstanding. So if you are tired of looking at a dent caused by hail, a tree limb, or shopping cart, give PDR a try. Dentsmart is a franchise operation so the results may only be as good as the technician. The guy that did my car does the whole state of Georgia and has been doing PDR for over 15 years. If you need them, give them a call and stop looking at your dents.
    Likes Stokdgs, JaredPointer liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PDR and Dentsmart

I`ve been looking for a PDR tech in SW Florida for this very reason. My BMW X3 has a few that drive me crazy. Good to know you had a good experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately Dentsmart doesn`t do Florida, but I`m sure there has to be someone in your area. You might still contact them online and see if they have any info on Florida.
    Likes Chloe92us liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There are several PDR ads in my area, but like you said---I think the success rate varies depending on the tech. I have been posting on my local Facebook pages I follow looking for references, but no luck. I may just have to go for it and hope for the best!

Post Thanks / Like

I keep seeing a pdr place on 41 in Nokomis/Venice/Sarasota area

Right near where they rent/sell the exotics
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Chloe92us, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It was hard to get any input from the Internet or anywhere. I talked to the dent technician about the lack of internet presence and he said he had as many customers as he could already handle. He said he did a lot of dealership work and insurance repair. It looks like a good line of work to get into if you are handy.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a good reference for PDR guy here if you`re willing to drive all the way to Washington state

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I keep seeing a pdr place on 41 in Nokomis/Venice/Sarasota area

Right near where they rent/sell the exotics
    Hmm...closer to Venice or sarasota? Once you head to sarasota, every other place sells exotics. I`ll have to try to find it. On the left or right as you head north? Thanks Ron!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe92us View Post
    On the left as you`re heading north? I`ll see if I can find it. Thanks!
    yep
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Chloe92us liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rookiez View Post
    I have a good reference for PDR guy here if you`re willing to drive all the way to Washington state
    If you are talking about Ryan Snider 206-399-0344, then you and I used the best guy around forever...
    He has so much work and he does not advertise, that I could never - ever - get his Suv long enough from him to Detail for him...

He took things out of places I cant even comprehend how he did it...
    I could never find the original dent after he did his magic...

He works out of the EastSide - Bellevue, Issaquah, etc..
    Dan F
    Likes rookiez liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    If you are talking about Ryan Snider 206-399-0344, then you and I used the best guy around forever...
    He has so much work and he does not advertise, that I could never - ever - get his Suv long enough from him to Detail for him...

He took things out of places I cant even comprehend how he did it...
    I could never find the original dent after he did his magic...

He works out of the EastSide - Bellevue, Issaquah, etc..
    Dan F
    Same here. I have not been able to find the spot where one dent was fixed. It`s got to be magic. When you are as good as these guys are at their jobs no advertising is necessary.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear it worked out well for you.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Thread Information