Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Garry Dean Towels

As I use up my ONRW, I plan to buy some IUDJ. Looking at Garry`s site, he has bundled deals with the purchase of towels and my towel inventory could use some new ones as some of the older ones are showing wear. His regular mf towels are 3.99 and the waffle weaves are 9.99. If the towels are good towels, those seem to be fair prices. What are your all`s opinion of the towels at those prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garry Dean Towels

I can`t speak for Garry`s towels, but I would check out The Rag Company. They usually have some good deals and the towels are of good quality.

Post Thanks / Like

The Rag Company is where I get 90% of my micros, I love them and couldn`t be happier with their products.

Post Thanks / Like

So you two WOULD NOT recommend getting the towels through Garry? Because I noticed about a 20% savings when bundling the order with some towels, I figured I may do that if the towels are good since I could use some anyways. Mentioning the Rag Company doesn`t assist in whether to go through Garry unless you mean to say no, don`t go through Garry for towels even with the bundled discount. I notice the Rag Comany`s towels are cheaper even with the 20% bundle discount but I assume they add shipping and then that would negate the savings since Garry charges $10 flat shipping.

Post Thanks / Like

Is IUDJ that good for such a high price?

Post Thanks / Like

1 ounce of juice for 4 gallons of rinseless vs 2 ounces for 4 gallons for ONR, ONR is what, $30 a gallon, Gary Dean is $140 per gallon, so you have to use 2x the ONR, that is $60, I`ll stick with ONR. You can use it on everything as well when it comes to cleaning windows, dash, rinseless and lube. I just bought 175 420GSM towels from TRC wholesale for $170 plus shipping. So for $260 I can have 2 gallons of ONR and 175 towels. As much as I want to try IUDJ, no thanks at that price.

Post Thanks / Like

Autopia, AG, Rag Company, Microfiber Tech, Towel Pros. All good places to buy towels.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    Is IUDJ that good for such a high price?
    Absolutely worth it in *my* book, and the way I mix it sorta-strong eliminates any "concentration-related" cost benefits.

I haven`t tried the *latest* version of ONR, but the IUDJ is *SO* utterly superior to the previous version that, combined with the diffs between Garry`s Customer Service and how Optimum responded when I asked about certain issues (basically.."that couldn`t have happened", as if I were making up problems that cost me countless hours) makes it an easy decision, at least for me.

As for buying his towels, I`m simply not gonna comment as I haven`t tried them and I don`t want to, uhm...cost him a sale. I *will* say that I for one don`t want *extremely* high-GSM weight towels for that sort of thing, just ones that are plush enough, don`t lint, and last a long time. Not sure what I`ll buy when I finally need to....
    Likes Bert, ShawnF350, Gjkwpd liked this post
    Thanks Bert thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    So you two WOULD NOT recommend getting the towels through Garry? Because I noticed about a 20% savings when bundling the order with some towels, I figured I may do that if the towels are good since I could use some anyways. Mentioning the Rag Company doesn`t assist in whether to go through Garry unless you mean to say no, don`t go through Garry for towels even with the bundled discount. I notice the Rag Comany`s towels are cheaper even with the 20% bundle discount but I assume they add shipping and then that would negate the savings since Garry charges $10 flat shipping.

The Rag Company has sales and they now sell Optimum products, when you order enough you start getting free gifts. No to mention that they ship via USPS and ALWAYS arrive 3-4 days later. In the past, when I have placed orders from AG and The Rag Company on the same day, within a few minutes of each other, The Rag Company ALWAYS delivers first, their shipping is pretty dependable. Did I mention that I love their products?? I will only order my paint micros from The Rag Company.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Absolutely worth it in *my* book, and the way I mix it sorta-strong eliminates any "concentration-related" cost benefits.

I haven`t tried the *latest* version of ONR, but the IUDJ is *SO* utterly superior to the previous version that, combined with the diffs between Garry`s Customer Service and how Optimum responded when I asked about certain issues (basically.."that couldn`t have happened", as if I were making up problems that cost me countless hours) makes it an easy decision, at least for me.

As for buying his towels, I`m simply not gonna comment as I haven`t tried them and I don`t want to, uhm...cost him a sale. I *will* say that I for one don`t want *extremely* high-GSM weight towels for that sort of thing, just ones that are plush enough, don`t lint, and last a long time. Not sure what I`ll buy when I finally need to....
    What is it about iudj that you feel is superior over onr?
    Tampa, Fl
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not trying to suggest you don`t buy his towels, I was just presenting what could be a better option. You can research towel GSM, but in most cases, you`ll discover a poor quality towel has a GSM = 200 to 300. A superior quality towel has a GSM = 400 to 600.

Both the green and black towels on Garry`s website have a GSM = 300. If you look at the Eagle Edgeless towel from the Rag Company for example, the GSM = 480. Use the magnifier tool and you`ll see the difference in the pile. I purchased a half a dozen of these last year and they`re one of the best towels I`ve ever used.

Personally, I wouldn`t make the shipping charges the most important variable in the equation. I want the softest towels possible touching the paint while I`m detailing.

As TheMeanGreen pointed out, they do have specials and their customer service is outstanding. Last year they shipped me the wrong towels. They shipped out the correct towels the same day I reported the issue, and told me to keep the original shipment for my troubles.

Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

As I use up my ONRW, I plan to buy some IUDJ. Looking at Garry`s site, he has bundled deals with the purchase of towels and my towel inventory could use some new ones as some of the older ones are showing wear. His regular mf towels are 3.99 and the waffle weaves are 9.99. If the towels are good towels, those seem to be fair prices. What are your all`s opinion of the towels at those prices.
    Bert there is one solid way to find out just buy a few

whats a few bucks on a towel that you might want more of or might not- I know I`d rather take a chance on a new detailing product than a new 6pack at the corner store but that`s just me

Brandt K.
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SGM2008 View Post
    I`m not trying to suggest you don`t buy his towels, I was just presenting what could be a better option. You can research towel GSM, but in most cases, you`ll discover a poor quality towel has a GSM = 200 to 300. A superior quality towel has a GSM = 400 to 600.

Both the green and black towels on Garry`s website have a GSM = 300. If you look at the Eagle Edgeless towel from the Rag Company for example, the GSM = 480. Use the magnifier tool and you`ll see the difference in the pile. I purchased a half a dozen of these last year and they`re one of the best towels I`ve ever used.

Personally, I wouldn`t make the shipping charges the most important variable in the equation. I want the softest towels possible touching the paint while I`m detailing.

As TheMeanGreen pointed out, they do have specials and their customer service is outstanding. Last year they shipped me the wrong towels. They shipped out the correct towels the same day I reported the issue, and told me to keep the original shipment for my troubles.

Good Luck!

The Edgeless Eagles, I LOVE THEM. I have nine of them, five 14"x14" (that or they are the 16"x16"), and four 16"x24". For removing MDR, compound, Polish, or LSP, these are my go to towels.

Thread OP, my collection:

The Rag Company:
    •Edgleas Eagles - Nine total
    •Premium Waffle Weave - eight or nine total, 16"x16", 16"x24"
    •Everest 800 - five of them
    •Everest 1000 - one, it`s so nice that I can`t bring myself to using it, lol.
    •Tundra 420GSM (China) - Four, these micro-scratched my old Honda
    •Knobby Chinelle Wash Mitt - one, I will be ordering more!
    •Premium Glass & Window - four or five 16"x16"

Misc:
    • A bunch of random`s, all Chinese fiber, they get used for wheels, exhaust, (clean ones) interior, and door jams.

Post Thanks / Like

I`d also recommend trying Uber Rinseless. Can be used as waterless wash, QD, clay lube, rinseless, super slick and glossy, smells good, doesn`t stain towels, good dilution ratios and cheap when on sale. Also comes in a convenient twin neck bottle for easy measuring. That with a bunch of Eagle edgless towels make an awesome Rinseless wash combo.

Post Thanks / Like

From someone who HAS tried the Garry Dean towels, I can say that they are nothing too special but they are fine. They did not micro-scratch and they come out of the laundry a little bit better every time, showing no wear. If you get them on a deal, they`re fine.

Sure, The Rag Co is great, but they have some dogs in there as well. Split Purple-nality is "meh" at best, especially for the price. Eagles are good but I had a defective one - the edges were not edgeless! I have a huge collection and my best advice is to buy what you like and don`t be a mark for one particular company.
    My favorites are:

DI Microfiber Ultra Plush Two Sided Towel (but too pricey)
    DI Microfiber Double Thick Edgeless Towel (the original grey ones are my favorite "final wipe" towels but the recent blue towels are not as good)
    Rag Co Dry Me A River
    Rag Co Eagle Edgeless
    Poorboy`s DMT and Mega Plush
    And that PBMG towel that is blue on one side and gray on the other! That`s a joy, but spendy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information