Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

A few Hp60 questions

I recently bought the Mytee HP60 for doing extraction on seats and carpets. I also went ahead and got the crevice attachment and the "dry" attachment. Should be ready to get started.

Just wanted to ask if there is any advice from people who have owned them. Any do`s and don`ts? Also, I didn`t get a manual in the box, but I`m assuming its safe to use tap water in it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A few Hp60 questions

Prolly online manual available. It probably safe to use tap water but I`d bet more people here use distilled.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t believe that it gets hot enough to turn the water to steam (close but not quite) so you shouldn`t have an issue with tap water. The problem arises when the water is removed through steam and all the minerals in the water are left behind to build up. Shouldn`t be an issue in your case. Mostly a steamer thing.
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on a great Extractor..
    I have had the same one for over 10 years and it has never failed to work really well..

- Need a Dedicated 20 amp circuit if you are running the heater all the time.. Use a 12awg extension cord if needed..
    - I never used anything but water from the garden hose in the Water Tank, and never had an issue
    - Be sure to get to know how the filter bag inside the Recovery Tank goes on and off because it will get full of gunk and have to
    be emptied..
    - The high pressure hose will get hot up there by the handle so watch out for that..
    - Keep the big vacuum hose straight and not in any position where it can get kinked etc..
    - Be sure to empty the recovery tank after you finish that job, and rinse it out.. The water will be totally black with dirt, etc., that was deep in the carpet before...
    - Its on wheels so it is easy to roll around for the trunk area and if you want, you can do the Interior of most vehicles from one side..
    - The stainless steel tools are big and heavy - mind how you use them inside and watch where you leave them..
    - Learn how to Key the hot pressurized water onto the surfaces and remember that all the water you put in there, you have to
    Extract it or it will take too long to dry, and could get down past the floor insulation..
    - Sometime later, run some straight Distilled White Vinegar into the tank, let it work through the high pressure pump and hose, and through all your Extractor Tools to keep then free of water deposits..
    - You will need to run some clean water afterwards to get all the Distilled White Vinegar smell out.. It wont last forever, be patient..
    - Dont screw the circular lid on top of the Recovery Tank too tightly or you will have a hard time removing it..
    - Watch the level of black water in the Recovery Tank, and empty it before it shuts off the vacuum from the machine..
    - Clean the Floor Mats on the floor or a bench, know that the high water lift will want to pick up the whole Mat sometimes, so you need to hold down the top edge with your hand until you get past it..

- Use a Defoamer powder in the Recovery Tank to keep foam down as the recovery tank water is used to cool the motors..
    - Be creative on how you use the tools in the car.. They are angled in a way so they will only work so far in a tight space..
    Figure out different directions to approach the carpeted floors, so that you will make best use of the tool.
    - The long stainless crevice tool will be able to get in places that the bigger tool will not, of course, so use it and find ways to
    make your work more productive and fast.. Since its only a small area to spray and extract, it will of course not be as
    powerful as the other tool but if you press down, you will hear the HP60 going up to the 3rd stage of its motor..

There you go !
    Dan F
    Likes Migue, 4u2nvinmtl, rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot for the reply!!

"- Be sure to get to know how the filter bag inside the Recovery Tank goes on and off because it will get full of gunk and have to
    be emptied.."

Hmm I didn`t even know there was a filter in the recovery tank. Seems a bit odd that there would be one. Why would you need a filter for what is basically waste water? Seems like it would just get dumped in there with no need to filter it, since its going to be drained out as refuse anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

No, it is not odd to put one in there since the Recovery Water Tank water is used to also cool the motors..
    Don`t want a bunch of gunk running through that line to the motors and back, do we ?
    Also,, be sure to put some Defoamer powder in the recovery tank and add a little water to mix it up before you start Extracting..
    You dont want that water to turn into a lot of foam ( since its basically extracted rinse water with soap in it) since that will not work well in cooling the motors either..

http://mytee.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com...n_1115_web.pdf
    Dan F
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks yeah I found the manual yesterday after a bit of searching. I was trying to get ahold of sparkle but I guess they had already closed.

Can`t wait to start using this thing. I always wanted one of these. As per that other thread, I`m planning on using Megs APC, or super degreaser, or optimum power clean on the carpets/seats first.

Are there any other cleaners that you use, in conjunction with the HP60? Or is it mainly just those 3? IIRC it was you that was telling me about those 3.

Also, how about this defoamer powder?

42126 DSC Products Restrain II Carpet Cleaning Crystal Defoamer Eight Pound Jar | eBay

Post Thanks / Like

Bennylava -

I use this defoamer - Chemspec Crystal Defoamer | Jon-Don

I looked at that ebay product - its pretty high to ship that.. See if my product is less expensive with shipping.. Its the same size - 8lbs plastic jug..

I know my product works great in over 10 years of use...

They tell you to sprinkle this on the carpeting before you clean and extract it but I have never had the need to do this because I use a low-foaming APC...
    But you do need to put it in the extractor to keep the foaming down in there, like I said earlier..

I have NEVER used Meguiars Super Degreaser on the Interior of a vehicle and don`t plan to ever do it - unless it`s all greased up really bad or something... I would be worried about the dilution ratio to not hurt something or remove the color of something with it..

I have used and still use Meguiars APC+ until I run out and then will probably look at Optimum Power Clean and if its anything like APC+, then it`s in my cabinet..

I will always use my VX5000 Steamer first, to see how much I can get and especially in those deep cup holders, etc., in between the seats and the console, underneath the seats, and that tight space at the bottom of the seat and the console, etc...

The only chemicals I use in my Shop for inside of vehicles are - Einszett Deep Plastic Cleaner, Einszett Cockpit Premium, Meguiars APC+, Zaino Leather Cleaner/Conditioner, Spinneybeck Leather Conditioner/Cleaner, Einszett Leather Conditioner, Meguiars Glass Cleaner, for Cleaning of all surfaces it`s made for...

Everyone will have their own process and products, and all will do very well if used correctly and with good common sense...
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I bought yours thanks for the recommendation. Too high for shipping on the other one. How much do you put in the tank at a time? I`m guessing about half a teaspoon. Probably says on the back of the jug.

Post Thanks / Like

OPC actually smells a lot like what I remember APC+ smelling like.
    shanesautodetail.com
    facebook.com/shanesautodetail
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneB View Post
    OPC actually smells a lot like what I remember APC+ smelling like.
    Thanks, Shane !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Dan, how much defoamer do you put in the tank? Trying to figure out how long 8lbs. will last. I need a product like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfordisbetter View Post
    Dan, how much defoamer do you put in the tank? Trying to figure out how long 8lbs. will last. I need a product like that.
    It must say on the back of the jug, how much to use per gallon. I`d bet you just put about 1 teaspoon in the dirty water tank, for every 5 gallons. But I`ll post it up once I get mine in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfordisbetter View Post
    Oldforisbetter -

There is a 50cc scoop (28 grams) in the bottle.. I probably use about half a scoop or so because my APC+ is so low foaming, I dont need a lot..

The ChemSpec jug directions say - "Use a few Tablespoons per 100 feet of carpet to cut down foaming"....

I went out to the garage and opened up the 8 lb jug and I`m about half gone and I have had it for many years...

I would just experiment with some measuring spoons or cups and find out what amount works best.. It will be different especially if the mats were soaped up before and not really rinsed and extracted.. Seen a lot of those around...

Or there was one time these people spilled a jug of laundry soap in their trunk carpeting and cleaned it up really well, but I found it and spent forever getting it all rinsed out and extracted... I used a lot more of the defoamer to help cut it down in my recovery tank that dang day...

I have tried it out on some floor mats that were really trashed and I had to use a lot of soap so more foaming, and it really cut down on the foaming, and the mats came out great..

Dan F
    Likes Oldfordisbetter, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post
    Thanks Oldfordisbetter thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

To be clear you put it in the clean water tank right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information