Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Connect Regrets

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Connect Regrets

i jumped on connect membership asap

Likes TuxedoTaurus, RMD, DBAILEY, Ronkh, RaysWay and 1 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have been thrilled with it. I`m just a hobbyist, but I have definitely bought things I would not have purchased without having connect. The primary benefit to me was free 3day shipping to west coast. Between the 10 percent discount and free shipping, i am happy to keep buying more at ACC than I ever did at the geek and all the other retailers combined.
    Please don`t ever shut this down entirely. Some tweaks can save it so it works for us and ACC. (See other connect thread).
    Likes TuxedoTaurus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have not shopped elsewhere (unless the don`t have it) since joining and the free shipping paid me back my 99 easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Connect Regrets

These types of programs are designed to keep the horses coming back to drink from the trough continuously. My detailing thirst was quenched years ago. I liken this to the wife who comes home bragging about how much money she saved buying things we can live without that were on sale. Most guys here make a shopaholic wife look like a miser. Oh but I need this stuff .... Yeah.
    Likes TuxedoTaurus, XxBoostinxX, KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    I liken this to the wife who comes home bragging about how much money she saved buying things we can live without that were on sale. Most guys here make a shopaholic wife look like a miser. Oh but I need this stuff .... Yeah.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    You can put me down at incredible. My family however would clarify me as ridiculous.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    These types of programs are designed to keep the horses coming back to drink from the trough continuously. My detailing thirst was quenched years ago. I liken this to the wife who comes home bragging about how much money she saved buying things we can live without that were on sale. Most guys here make a shopaholic wife look like a miser. Oh but I need this stuff .... Yeah.
    Except that spending money on things you don`t need is considered a hobby, and trying new things out is just part of it. And if you`re responsible in your spending and not putting a financial burden on yourself, while having a good time doing what makes you happy, who really cares? That`s how every hobby is, and compared to modifying cars/bikes, it`s also a lot cheaper. You can also make money off of the products you buy should someone choose to do so.
    Do you not have a hobby that you spend money on?

Post Thanks / Like

I have no regrets not buying the membership. I did about a month ago when I was debating on a new polisher and thinking about the double points, but now I think it was a good thing I didn`t. I didn`t buy a bunch of chemicals I don`t currently need and I am starting to finally use up a bunch of product that I have been holding on to.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

like Frank says "regrets, I`ve had a few. But then again, so few to mention" (like I should have bought X when it was on sale, lol)- actually the only regret I have about connect is that I didn`t wait until they offered the free DP coating or Souveran wax- bc all I got were some towels (o well they are useful..or were at least)

I just counted 32 orders including my initial connect purchase since October. and two of them don`t even show up for some reason (the nano order and another placed over the phone)

only a handful of them were even over 100..thats a lot of money saved on shipping

paid for itself there alone plus with the 10% off extra- makes it HARD TO SAY NO , haha

I have purchased a lot of things I have no real use for, but they were dirt cheap so why not?

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post

I have purchased a lot of things I have no real use for, but they were dirt cheap so why not?

i think that was the point of Connect. keep members coming back repeatedly and not wander off to another company.

same with Amazon Prime, i keep buying stupid things that just sit around because theyre on "lightning deals"
    Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by donbeezy View Post
    i think that was the point of Connect. keep members coming back repeatedly and not wander off to another company.

same with Amazon Prime, i keep buying stupid things that just sit around because theyre on "lightning deals"
    well this dummy fell for it

I would find myself taking odd detail jobs I normally would pass on just because I had a full cart and wanted to purchase something else.

I could not buy anything else for over a year and be perfectly fine, but we all know that is not going to happen,

what will be funny is all the large orders we place the week before our connect goes out. lol

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post

Brandt, just send those things my way, cuz I NEED them.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Brandt, just send those things my way, cuz I NEED them.
    lol...probably should have bought a new lawnmower. still haven`t fixed mine! haha

o well I needed some more wax, etc instead

gotta have your priorities, right? haha

Brandt K.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information