Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Garden Hose

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garden Hose

Flexzilla! Regular & pro version, they are awesome. Craftsman Black lifetime ones would be a good bet as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woob View Post
    Craftsman Black lifetime ones would be a good bet as well.
    Thats what I thought until I figured out how much hassle I was going through getting the replacements so often. I do appreciate the lifetime policy, but it got to be too much with the Craftsman hosed. Sorta like how it went with Craftsman tools..

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up another hose. We got these in stock at my pharmacy - so I couldn`t resist.

It`s on TV - so it has to be good.

Didn`t use it yet - but filled it with water to see it expand. I never had a hose like this. The outside webbing is some type of canvas type material. It feels like the inside part is a rubber bladder type "hose" that expands with water pressure.

Initial thoughts are - it`s super light and easy to roll up. Fittings seem like decent quality - and on has an on/off switch:

So, the negatives... I read the directions - and it says it may take several expansion / contraction cycles for the hose to fully expand to 50`.

When I filled it up - it did expand - but to nowhere near 50`. So, I will keep you posted how it works out.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine just sprung a leak. This is the third one I owned. I can`t recommend them until maybe they improve the material
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Garden Hose

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Mine just sprung a leak. This is the third one I owned. I can`t recommend them until maybe they improve the material
    Lolz. I should have read the reviews before I bought it. Reviews seem pretty bad.

I`m already thinking of ways to repair it when it leaks - and I haven`t even used it yet.

Post Thanks / Like

My father has one of those, too. It didn`t last very long...same issue as Bill reports.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Lolz. I should have read the reviews before I bought it. Reviews seem pretty bad.

I`m already thinking of ways to repair it when it leaks - and I haven`t even used it yet.
    The FatMax failed on you?

I`ve got two Flexzillas 100 and 50.
    Both Going strong after a year.
    But i gotta buy reels. Tired of it twisting as i pull it out of the pot.

Post Thanks / Like

my regular X hose sprung a leak after about 6 months but it was gift to me and I`d say it was worth the 0 cost of entry

BUT I tried to use Teflon tape and duct tape, etc but nothing worked, the leak just sprung somewhere else so I trashed it

I`d image the X hose pro would do the same but has fittings you might want to try and salvage (brass) if possible

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Garden Hose

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    The FatMax failed on you?
    No. I`ve devolved a hose fetish. Planned on just using this one for light duty.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used the Sears Black Rubber hoses for years. They are heavy duty, stay flexible in cold weather and have a lifetime warranty. While they don`t kink, I`ve always found them to tangle while moving them around the car etc and after a few months they start to get your hands black when using them. I picked up the Shop Zero from Lowes when they were on sale. My wife uses the X Hose Pro for gardening--the Shop Zero is similar, but much more heavy duty and has a 5 year warranty. It doesn`t shrink like the X Hose, but just goes limp. Very, very light and you could just throw it in a 5 gallon bucket when you`re finished if you wanted to. Happened to notice it has full flow fittings at either end so really keeps the pressure up. Doesn`t kink or tangle and hangs in a snap on the garage wall hanger. So far very impressed -- one less hassle to deal with!!

Shop Zero-G 5/8-in x 50-ft Premium-Duty Kink Free Garden Hose at Lowes.com
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    I`ve used the Sears Black Rubber hoses for years. They are heavy duty, stay flexible in cold weather and have a lifetime warranty. While they don`t kink, I`ve always found them to tangle while moving them around the car etc and after a few months they start to get your hands black when using them. I picked up the Shop Zero from Lowes when they were on sale. My wife uses the X Hose Pro for gardening--the Shop Zero is similar, but much more heavy duty and has a 5 year warranty. It doesn`t shrink like the X Hose, but just goes limp. Very, very light and you could just throw it in a 5 gallon bucket when you`re finished if you wanted to. Happened to notice it has full flow fittings at either end so really keeps the pressure up. Doesn`t kink or tangle and hangs in a snap on the garage wall hanger. So far very impressed -- one less hassle to deal with!!

Shop Zero-G 5/8-in x 50-ft Premium-Duty Kink Free Garden Hose at Lowes.com
    Will be interesting to see how long these lasts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Woob View Post
    Will be interesting to see how long these lasts.
    Yep!! The one big question. Saved my receipt and the warranty info. But so far it`s worth the risk.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up another hose. We got these in stock at my pharmacy - so I couldn`t resist.

It`s on TV - so it has to be good.

The Driver did a review on one a couple years ago. I liked the idea but hated that it lost pressure so fast. Also he said after a month it started leaking as well.

X Hose Pro ~ Review

Post Thanks / Like

Garden Hose

Lolz. X Hose is a complete piece of garbage. Went out to water the lawn (first use) and it leaked. Don`t buy it. Will check out the one posted above from Lowes.

****please support trans-species humans.

Post Thanks / Like

My Sears ones kept failing so frequently that the warranty wasn`t worth the continued hassle of taking them back. I had better luck with Flexogen even though I`m now using Griot`s and Swan (neither of which I`d recommend).

Hmmm..thinking about it now, I might go back to the Sears (black) ones after I`ve repaired/replaced the ones from GG enough to get frustrated.

Gee, guess I`m really hard on hoses somehow!

I see that Lowe`s one is a 5/8", wonder if they have them in 3/4" (I only use a 5/8" on my CRS).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information