Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Garden Hose

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garden Hose

Have two of the 50` Craftsmen black rubber hoses and they are great hoses as mentioned by others, but this new hose at Lowes looks interesting even though it`s a bit expensive---Shop Zero-G 5/8-in x 50-ft Premium-Duty Kink Free Garden Hose at Lowes.com
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    What is everyone`s consensus on the best hose for routine detailing, home, and garden use? Seems like Flexzilla is the best?

****please support trans-species humans.
    I personally never used one so no comparison here

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    Have two of the 50` Craftsmen black rubber hoses and they are great hoses as mentioned by others, but this new hose at Lowes looks interesting even though it`s a bit expensive---Shop Zero-G 5/8-in x 50-ft Premium-Duty Kink Free Garden Hose at Lowes.com
    Was in Lowes today and happened to notice the new Shop Zero hose is on sale for $30--don`t really need one, but couldn`t pass it up. Allot lighter than the Craftsmen black rubber so will see if it gets twisted up as much as the Craftsmen.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Does a kink-free garden hose actually exist?

Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

I really hate rolling up hoses.

I really hate hoses that leak.

I plan on getting a long Flexzilla.

But I need a small leader hose to the pressure washer.

A "pocket hose" would really be sweet if it worked.

The one I can get locally is called "Pocket Hose Top Brass" with brass fittings. Reviews seem mixed.

Anyone know if it`s a piece of garbage?

Post Thanks / Like

Same here--hate rolling up hoses. Happy with the Sears Black Rubber hose, but a pain to role up.

Take a look at the Shop Zero--so far I`m impressed with it`s flexibility and ease of handling-much sturdier than the "pocket hoses." Shop Zero-G 5/8-in x 50-ft Premium-Duty Kink Free Garden Hose at Lowes.com On Sale for $30

My wife uses the Pocket Hose with the brass fittings for gardening--she loves it as do I since now SHE roles up the hose, but I don`t think it would hold up well if used for car washing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    I really hate rolling up hoses.

I really hate hoses that leak.

I plan on getting a long Flexzilla.

But I need a small leader hose to the pressure washer.

A "pocket hose" would really be sweet if it worked.

The one I can get locally is called "Pocket Hose Top Brass" with brass fittings. Reviews seem mixed.

Anyone know if it`s a piece of garbage?

Post Thanks / Like

Garden Hose

So after endless research of hoses, I decided to go with this Stanley Fat Max hose.

Was a bit cheaper than Flexzilla, but rated much higher psi. Seems quite similar to Flexzilla when you put your hands on both. Much lighter than the traditional black rubber hose.

100`

Likes donbeezy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

As a follow up, Ive had the chance to use this hose and Im completely in love with it.

The hose is soft, pliable, and flexible. Rolls up like a dream. Seems like it would be impossible to kink. I compared it to those "Never Kink" hoses you see a lot - and there is no comparison.

When comparing the two, the NKs, seem like cheap hard vinyl compared to the Stanley. I love this hose so much I wipe it down before I roll it up.

Here you can see the difference of how pliable it is:

Stanley:

My old junker hose:

Likes tropicsteve, RaydiantDetail liked this post
    Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

After seeing those pictures all I can think of is that being in one those many Mens commercials that play none stop during football games.
    Likes Nautical liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorta-Random thoughts:

- All of my various never-kink hoses did kink now and then, just the nature of the beast IMO
    - All of my Lifetime hoses eventually failed- "cut off the fitting and return for replacement" works fine for me as I get another hose and can just repair the failed one
    - I dont roll up all the hoses every time, but rather often lay them out in a manner that doesnt take up too much room yet makes it easy to get them into service
    - I have my foamgun, rinse, and DI hoses visibly different (color/type) so I dont grab the wrong one or have to spend a moment figuring out which is which
    Likes WaxAddict liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Swanicyouth- Does that FatMax have conventional male/female ends on it or is it fitted with Stanley-specific (quick-disconnect perhaps) fittings?

If conventional, are they metal or plastic?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    - I dont roll up all the hoses every time, but rather often lay them out in a manner that doesnt take up too much room yet makes it easy to get them into service
    This is one of my least favorite tasks and I have a hose reel. I want a rapid reel unit. I still do hose washing more than I do rinseless.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Im with everyone. I hate rolling up and in rolling my hose. A different hose for foam gun and rinsing? Never heard that one. Ive got a never kink hose from Lowes and of course it kinks all the time, less in warm weather. The Stanley looks great and has great reviews, but I cant find the 100 ft one. Got to have 100 ft to reach my wash area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Swanicyouth- Does that FatMax have conventional male/female ends on it or is it fitted with Stanley-specific (quick-disconnect perhaps) fittings?

If conventional, are they metal or plastic?
    It has regular hose ends on it. They are pretty hefty - I think they are aluminum. I added the quick d/cs. The thing you see in the pic is a cover that comes over it.

Mine is 100 foot. Got it at Tractor Supply.

Post Thanks / Like

I used (water) hose reels at my previous shop, didnt even think about using them at the present one, just not whats best for me. AIR reels, yes of course.

Swanicyouth- Ah, OK, thanks for the info. I dont really plan on buying another hose, but that will be on the short-list if I ever do.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000
    A different hose for foam gun and rinsing? Never heard that one...
    Noting that my foamgun-centric wash technique calls for a *lot* of rinsing, I need both hoses for my rinsing to be both effective and efficient.

Efficacy- The "clear water rinse" setting on the foamgun can do some light rinsing and is useful for tight spots, but it sure cant compare to a regular hose. I need to really *FLOOD AWAY* all the sudsy foamgun output that my wash technique depends upon. Found out that, surprisingly, my pressure washer is *not* a good way to do it, just not enough water volume.

Efficiency- Taking off the foamgun and attaching a nozzle and then switching them back..and doing that numerous times per section..is just too much of a PIA. This way, I can just drape each hose over a nearby bucket and grab the other one; quick and easy to switch between the two. (Plus I run redundant systems, got that two-hose system on each side of the washbay.)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information