Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dreaming up new taxes

San Diego is currently pumping very expensive desalinated water into a lake, because water usage is down and the local government agreed to buy a certain amount to ensure the profitability of the private company that built the plant.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see a tax on stock transactions.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    If they get rid of capitol gains........
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes davidc liked this post
    Thanks davidc thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Eh, that can be a sore-spot for me....Noting that my wife and I rely on our investments for our (retirement) income...the businesses get taxed when they make money; then that money gets taxed again when it`s distributed to me in the form of dividends; then I get taxed again if I sell the stock for a gain. And when a Pro helps us with our investing *he* gets taxed for the money he charges us. IMO that`s more than enough taxes as it is, especially considering what the Govt. is spending so many of those tax dollars on. It`s not like everyone involved with the stock market is a cheating gazillionaire who somehow avoids paying taxes, we`re paying plenty.
    Likes Ronkh, grisby liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Eh, that can be a sore-spot for me....Noting that my wife and I rely on our investments for our (retirement) income...the businesses get taxed when they make money; then that money gets taxed again when it`s distributed to me in the form of dividends; then I get taxed again if I sell the stock for a gain. And when a Pro helps us with our investing *he* gets taxed for the money he charges us. IMO that`s more than enough taxes as it is, especially considering what the Govt. is spending so many of those tax dollars on. It`s not like everyone involved with the stock market is a cheating gazillionaire who somehow avoids paying taxes, we`re paying plenty.

As well as anyone who has a 401 or IRA in the markets,.....

Extremely short sighted. And if you are successful enough it`s taxed again in your estate.

And........

Since he said `stock` then anyone who incorporates etc......... Bad for anyone who is in business or wants to start a business.

And a lot of states get their chunk too......
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

The only aspect is that the tax code is way too complicated....keep it simple.. I use TurboTax but behind every question there is often some special interest feature added.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Likes Ronkh, RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The only aspect is that the tax code is way too complicated....keep it simple.. I use TurboTax but behind every question there is often some special interest feature added.

I saw that in Carter`s day.

Post Thanks / Like

The only aspect is that the tax code is way too complicated....keep it simple..
    Yeah, agree completely! [Heck], I got my Bachelor`s in Accounting and I have to pay somebody to figure mine out.
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Autopian`s should get a tax break on gas--all the LSPs on our car help us glide through the air with less drag

Brandt K.
    Likes nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Autopian`s should get a tax break on gas--all the LSPs on our car help us glide through the air with less drag
    Then we use less gas, they get less tax $$$$, so then they tax us more +

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Then we use less gas, they get less tax $$$$, so then they tax us more +
    Isn`t it ironic that for years we have heard we are running out of oil and it will all be gone in 10ish years. We have to get the price up to 10.00 a gallon like Europe so Americans conserve fuel. New vehicles have to get 50mpg. Alternate energy, battery cars abound. Don`t drive,car pool. Oops, Americans aren`t driving as much and we have lost revenue from those taxes. Let`s think of some more ways to fleece Americans. Then the oil fields in the U.S.A open up, the oil cartel goes crazy and floods the market with their last drops of oil then find out they have a Palace mortgage payment and the Rolls Royce payment is due so lets cut back on production so the price goes up again. This whole energy, oil thing is the biggest load of BS I have ever seen. And it is mostly fueled by greed.
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by davidc View Post
    Isn`t it ironic that for years we have heard we are running out of oil and it will all be gone in 10ish years. We have to get the price up to 10.00 a gallon like Europe so Americans conserve fuel. New vehicles have to get 50mpg. Alternate energy, battery cars abound. Don`t drive,car pool. Oops, Americans aren`t driving as much and we have lost revenue from those taxes. Let`s think of some more ways to fleece Americans. Then the oil fields in the U.S.A open up, the oil cartel goes crazy and floods the market with their last drops of oil then find out they have a Palace mortgage payment and the Rolls Royce payment is due so lets cut back on production so the price goes up again. This whole energy, oil thing is the biggest load of BS I have ever seen. And it is mostly fueled by greed.
    IMHO it`s fueled by control and power.... (as well as stealing the tax $ from it`s original intention) There are a bunch of taxes that are meant to control behavior.

Post Thanks / Like

Why?

Do you have a 401k or know anyone who does? Firefighters, Police, Teachers.

Yeah, stick it to them

sounds like a great idea
    https://m.facebook.com/detailedbykyle?_rdr
    Likes Ronkh, davidc, GearHead_1 liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh, davidc thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

And...I want a world defense tax to pay for the the last wars for Team America: World Police (Durka Durka). This would be applied to all imports into this country. We need a fund raiser to get another trillion to occupy the middle east.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information