Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Fk1000p two thumbs up

Well, after selling my home in early December, I made settlements two weeks ago on a new home.
    With no attention to my vehicles lately , I can`t believe how my cars are holding up.
    After the blizzard, I sprayed some diluted PB bugsquash on each car And just power washed (high press soap then rinse) them at the local carwash .
    Clean and still beading . No salt residue at all.
    One coat on two vehicles and two coats on my third. (Done in Sept/Oct)
    The snow we had today just slid right off with my Snowbrum.

Hands down the best winter wax I`ve ever used.

Great Suggestion Accumulator...
    Hoping to do some rinseless washes this weekend.
    Likes RaysWay, 512detail, 4u2nvinmtl, GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fk1000p two thumbs up

Should be warm enough this weekend for a full blown wash job, snow foam and all..........................

Keep the Blues Alive! BadgerRivFan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Top off your rinseless wash with FK 425 and really enjoy the gloss!
    Al S.

​"Blues done made me wild... got deep down in my soul"
    - Buddy Guy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerRivFan View Post
    Top off your rinseless wash with FK 425 and really enjoy the gloss!
    Glad you reminded me.
    I bought a gallon of it before winter set in.

Post Thanks / Like

425 isn`t too bad. I had some issues with foggy spots that would appear the next morning. I`ve personally had better results topping FK with BFWD polymer spray. The shine is wetter and it beads/protects nicely.

- Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

Great stuff, my current favorite Sealant. I do a rinseless on one of my vehicles that`s topped with FK1000P every single week and the dirt comes off so easily, especially behind the tires(rocker panel/rear bumper skirts) where all the road junk and tar stick to, all it takes is a quick wipe down and it looks new again.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

anyone ever apply this in the sun?

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Not me yet since i`ve only been messing with it during the "cold" months here in TX. The real test will be during the summer down here right? At this point, my assumption would be that it might not be much of a pain, since every time I`ve applied and let it cure for several minutes or over an hr, it has come off pretty effortlessly IME. I have it on my wheels as well and they clean right away with a MF towel and wheel woolie soaked in rinseless solution.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    512- gave this a shot today, with no complaints on my end. It was 78 and sunny outside, applied it and left it on for about 15 minutes,came off pretty much the same way as applied in shade and just to be safe since it`s on black paint i just did a 2nd wipe down with some QD. Did a Maintenance wash today on this black metallic CRV i maintain on a monthly or so basis and has had a coat of FK1kp since Nov. 13th 2015. that was the last time it got cleaned until today so it`s had junk sitting on it plus the weather since then has been all over the place.

After i washed everything up, i noticed the FK was still doing its thing and water was still beading/sheeting off which was pleasing to see.

After wash:

FK1kp Applied(light session of HD Polish on hood only beforehand):

And removed:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes 512detail, GearHead_1 liked this post
    Thanks GearHead_1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

awesome...another member was kind enough to send me some

very excited to use it on my hellcat replica wheels once I get time to polish them out

Brandt K.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl, GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

shawnF350- Glad it`s working out so well.

On the FK425 (and FK146 too for that matter), while I do really like FK`s QDs on FK1000P, I get pretty much the same effect (looks/slickness/ you name it) by using IUDJ at a sorta-strong concentration. MUCH cheaper and does a better job of cleaning up anything I`d missed during the regular part of the wash (I know, shouldn`t happen, especially the way I wash, but it does..).

Note that not *everybody* has had such steller results with the FK1000P in the winter..."YMMV!" always applies. But it`s the reason I`m selling off my stash of M16 and 476S.
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using FK1000p as my go-to wheel sealant for years, but with all the comments recently, I gave it a shot as my winter sealant this year, layered over DG105/601, replacing the Collinite products I`ve used in winters past. So far, I`m well pleased, but I noticed a few incompatibility issues I`ll pass along just as an FYI. My normal cold weather routine is an indoor rinseless wash every Saturday morning before I start work. Two weeks ago, I used UWW+ for both a presoak spray and wash solution. My presoak left white waterspots on my black paint that the wash didn`t dissolve. Scared me a bit. Fortunately, I had some UWW+ in WW dilution and that cleaned it up fine. Other washes have been with DG Rinseless and Meg`s D114. No problem with either. It also doesn`t like all my drying aids. Meg`s UQW, DG Aquawax, DG FCS all work fine, but Britemax Spray n` Shine had a nasty streaking problem. I still like the FK, but sometimes it takes a little trial and error to find out what plays well with what.
    I`m so accustomed to the Collinites being compatible with about anything that it took me by surprise.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jack View Post
    I`ve been using FK1000p as my go-to wheel sealant for years, but with all the comments recently, I gave it a shot as my winter sealant this year, layered over DG105/601, replacing the Collinite products I`ve used in winters past. So far, I`m well pleased, but I noticed a few incompatibility issues I`ll pass along just as an FYI. My normal cold weather routine is an indoor rinseless wash every Saturday morning before I start work. Two weeks ago, I used UWW+ for both a presoak spray and wash solution. My presoak left white waterspots on my black paint that the wash didn`t dissolve. Scared me a bit. Fortunately, I had some UWW+ in WW dilution and that cleaned it up fine. Other washes have been with DG Rinseless and Meg`s D114. No problem with either. It also doesn`t like all my drying aids. Meg`s UQW, DG Aquawax, DG FCS all work fine, but Britemax Spray n` Shine had a nasty streaking problem. I still like the FK, but sometimes it takes a little trial and error to find out what plays well with what.
    I`m so accustomed to the Collinites being compatible with about anything that it took me by surprise.

Bill
    Very strange--I`ve had FK1000 on since last July (two coats in July and one in October on just a polished surface) and have used UWW+ with no problems what so ever.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    Very strange--I`ve had FK1000 on since last July (two coats in July and one in October on just a polished surface) and have used UWW+ with no problems what so ever.
    Very strange indeed. That`s why I posted. My wash routine during the colder months is so consistent, every Saturday morning, presoak with a light mist followed by a rinseless wash using a Meguiar`s MF mitt. At first I thought it was due to the warmth of the hood, but the trunk lid had the same white spotted film. I did not presoak the roof and had no spotting there, so it was somehow related to the UWW presoak on the FK. I tried FK previously on both my red metallic cars and didn`t like the look, even though it was near bulletproof, so it`s been reserved for use as a wheel sealant for the past few years, a role in which it absolutely excels. I`ve been happy with FK`s performance on my black DD this winter, so I`ll just avoid UWW+ in my rinseless bucket. It isn`t like I have no choices, as I also have ONR, DG and D114 on the rinseless shelf and all have worked fine with the FK.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like

just picked up some 1000p as wheel wax, it was voted 2nd on a german forum this year. of course a wheel coating placed in 1st

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information