Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

50 dollar pressure washer. thoughts?

http://m.sears.com/ar-blue-clean-116/p-07190446000P

Price seems right...but is this going to be a waste of money or a great deal for pesonal use to work with vehicles?
    Likes pwaug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 50 dollar pressure washer. thoughts?

I`ve been looking for a smaller pressure washer for some time now and haven`t landed on it as of yet. My pressure washer is simply too much of everything. It`s big, it`s heavy, the pressure it puts out will etch cement. I need a smaller unit. Question, would you want wheels on one of these? I know that the price tag is not neccessarily the indicator of the quaity in a product or at least to some degree. In my mind this one seems to good to be true. That said, I`d like to have you buy one and give us a favorable report and then to have the sale stay on long enough for me to get a good machine at this price.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Lol one person on slickdeals where i found it said that he strapped his onto a dolly. If i hadn`t dropped all my free cash plus a little more with all the sales this weekend i would be more in the bite first mode, but i was hoping someone had played with this or something similar enough to give it a go go go, or run away kind of comment.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought this one in the spring.
    It still works. .it easily stores on a shelf
    https://www.ryobitools.com/products/details/747
    Likes edb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i would definitely go for it, i bought an AR Blue (different model) on sale as well and it has been worth it so far. I almost want to get this as a back up.

Post Thanks / Like

Is that a thumbs up from you then? Also from some reading ive done on the electric pressure washers is to make sure you move in when it gets cold out. Feezing temps and these things are a no no.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm time to check my reward points. Hoping for some bounus suprise points.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edb View Post
    Is that a thumbs up from you then? Also from some reading ive done on the electric pressure washers is to make sure you move in when it gets cold out. Feezing temps and these things are a no no.

yeah i`ve heard that as well, doesn`t freeze much where i am in TX but if it ever does this winter i`ll wrap mine or bring inside since it`s small enough. My only complaints with mine were: the hose reel that came with it is completely worthless(don`t see that the one you`re looking at has that anyways) , my O-ring on the Hose to gun connection busted (my fault for trying to connect with running water, ACE hardware carries the O-Ring for dirt cheap so i bought multiple and has not been a problem again) and the high pressure function sometimes gets delayed if i squeeze the trigger too soon shortly after releasing it ( i got the trick for it and doesn`t bother me anymore)

Amazon.com : AR Blue Clean AR383 1, 900 PSI 1.5 GPM 14 Amp Electric Pressure Washer with Hose Reel : Patio, Lawn & Garden

This is what i have. Yours has less PSI , so if it was me,i`d get it from Sears, try it out quite a few times throughout the week and see how it does with cars , i`d assume it`d do good since you don`t need crazy pressure to rinse a car . Yours is currently $100 at Amazon, so $50 is worth a shot. IMO worst thing that could happen is you don`t like it and return it, or it craps out down the road and you`re only out $50 but at least gave it a shot, there`s always a risk with everything and thankfully my AR Blue has done me well and already paid for itself(better than losing hundreds or over a thousand like some people i`ve seen with their gas pressure washers).

I`m not telling/guaranteeing you it`ll be a great product, you may get a lemon( it has happened to me with solid brands of equipment) , but IMO and experience with my AR Blue, seems like a helpful little addition for the price.

Adding: if you get this and like it, i highly recommend AR Blue`s extension hose, i`d say it`s a must for great convenience, i have wheels on my machine but never have to move it thanks to the long hose that allows me to go around the vehicle while the washer sits inside my garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, it`s a name brand with a good reputation--go for it. I have a dirt cheap, no name brand bought at Pep Boys over 10 years ago and it`s just starting to go now.
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

The 1 review for that unit --
    Do not waste your money
    Sun, Nov 24, 2013 Verified Purchase
    SDELACERDA7 (Deer Park, TX)
    I bought this to clean the area around my pool and my patio furniture but the pressure does not come out harder than the kitchen sink. Waste of money and time. Took it back and got a gas powered one.
    Users found this: Helpful (6) Unhelpful (1)

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edb View Post
    This one has way better reviews !

The trick to any pressure washer is always get a big hose supplying it with water if it requires it, get the water running all through the water line, the pump and out the nozzle, use a wide fan nozzle, follow the button order as the guy talked about in the first review, and it will be nice..

I use a gas powered one that is only 2gpm and that is more than enough to clean an engine compartment, engine, under the hood including the insulation (carefully), the front of the engine compartment where all those little nooks and crannies are, wheel wells, under that bottom rocker panel, convertible tops, some really nasty dirty carpeted floor mats full of sand, and anything else like driveways, garage doors, etc., that you want to knock the dirt off of..

Good luck with your research !
    Dan F
    Thanks edb thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think im leaning towards waiting on the one that migue posted to go on sale again. The 383. Looks like it drops to 90 to 115 fairly regularly, and the feature set looks much better. I appreciate everyones help. You guys rock.

Post Thanks / Like

I got the little one from Lowes Greenworks and I love it. I had a 1800psi Husky prior and the new one is only slightly less powerful...
    Shop Greenworks 1,600-PSI 1.2-GPM Cold Water Electric Pressure Washer at Lowes.com

Ive had it for about 7 months and have had NO problems with it and I detail about 2 cars a month.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been looking for a nice wall mount one for a future purchase. this one is nice with 50ft of hose but is a bit underpowered and expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information