Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

2010 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate ................ waiting for title and price

Yesterday I got to get a better look at my soon to be new addition........
    I acquired my 98 Marquis when my sisters Father in Law passed for $900 a few years ago.
    A few weeks ago her Mother in Law passed away and they are selling it.
    Keeping my fingers crossed to get it at or less than the $12,000 mark. My sister told me to make an offer but I rather get a price from them first then go from there.
    25,000 miles, garage kept. Waiting on the title.
    Anyone know what these Ultimate editions have?

I did an oil change for my sister/brother in law. And couldn`t help myself, foam canon and cleaned the wheels.
    I didn`t want to do too much to the car yet since I don`t own it. I would hate for someone else to grab it up if I make her shine too much.
    Repaired the Airbag system in minutes after I read the code and found a seat belt latch wire damaged.
    Just needs a new battery now. (still the original).

The wheels look like they were never touched.

Today I used Wolfgang Uber Rinseless wash with my new rinseless wash mitt.

I know Accumulator is drooling right now.

I think I can`t go wrong buying this no longer produced gem.
    Likes Marc08EX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2010 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate ................ waiting for title and price

Nice. I can tell you want to detail it. Don`t resist the urge. Looks like a good find
    Likes ShawnF350 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2010 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate ................ waiting for title and price

When it comes to negotiating a price, more often than not, he who speaks first loses.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Good car for New Jersey, you can easily fit one large body or two small bodies in the trunk! Lol. Hope you get it.
    Likes ShawnF350, jtford95, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good Luck getting this beautiful car!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to remove that same ugly car dealer emblem on the trunk from my 98 just by rocking it back and forth.
    This one seems pretty firm. What`s a safe method to remove it without damage?

Post Thanks / Like

Try running dental floss under the dealer thing and then use an adhesive remover to clean up. When I buy a car I make the dealer remove whatever they put on the car unless they are willing to pay me for their advertising. Lol
    Likes Ronkh liked this post
    Thanks ShawnF350 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Same here, I prefer most of the badging to be removed. I have used fishing line also, the 3M adhesive remover is a lifesaver.

Post Thanks / Like

Before you step up to the dental floss, try heating it with a hair dryer or heat gun on lower setting. That will often times soften the doulbe stick tape and let you wiggle it off. It that doesn`t work the dental floss will.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Good call on the heat gun Gearhead. I forgot about that on my last truck

Post Thanks / Like

ShawnF350:
    Has the driver`s side front tire be replaced recently, as it does not have the thin whitewall stripe like the other three in the pictures?
    Not sure what OEM tires may have come with the car, but maybe check the full-size spare in the trunk to see if it matches.

It`s a great find and value (at least if you can get it for that of your estimated $12,000 or under asking price) for a full-size car with ONLY 25,000 miles on it, and yes, it looks to be in great shape. Just not sure of the silver-gray color matching your "personality" (Just kidding; you take what you can get at that price.)

I have a certain affinity for this model and its twin the Ford Crown Victoria. There is a reason that police/law enforcement departments preferred to use the Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor for many years as its size and durability were major factors for that preference. I know of a few people who buy used police at auctions and find them a great value because, while abused like no other car driven on the road, they were also meticulously maintained mechanically by police departments and have all the heavy-duty mechanical components to withstand that harder driving.

While the car you have pictured isn`t a Police Interceptor, it will have a large-car ride and hopefully, will get great gas mileage for a large car with a small V8 engine. My sister has a `96 Grand Marquis that, like you, was purchased from an older owner. She gets 21-24 MPG, which is not bad on the highway.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Nice!

You could flip it easy down here.

It is the weapon of choice of q-tips here in FL.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

@lonnie
    Yes that black wall tire must have been a replacement.
    Not sure when though.
    My wife is making me give my 17yo son the 98 .... He`s driving a 2000 old`s Intrigue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnF350 View Post
    Yesterday I got to get a better look at my soon to be new addition........

I know Accumulator is drooling right now.

I think I can`t go wrong buying this no longer produced gem.
    Well, actually I only drool over P71 Crown Vics and certain Town Cars

But that`s sure a great Panther and yeah, IMO you were smart to pick it up. As I said about your `98, it`s a whole lotta car for the money.

Does it have a rear swaybar? I`m guessing not...

Best tires for Panthers, and most other big sedans too ("best" as in hands-down, zero competition) is the Michelin Pilot AllSeason 3.

If you`re gonna (shudder..) drive that in the winter you`d better do some rustproofing and get some real snowtires. I`d park it myself.

And yeah, 3M Ahesive Remover to take off the dealer emblem.

IMO you oughta send your son to the Vehicle Dynamics Institute Accident Avoidance Class so he learns how to handle that car (they use Crown Vics so it`ll transfer well). Cheaper than an Insurance Deductible and a lot of fun.
    Likes Ronkh, ShawnF350 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Nice!

You could flip it easy down here.

It is the weapon of choice of q-tips here in FL.
    I heard at one time the the Grand Marquis was the best selling car in Florida.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information