Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Need some opinions

I have a client that has a car I coated in April. He has not washed the car since. It is his daily driver. He is complaining about dirty wheels and that the car doesn`t bead water after he finally had it washed! What would you do?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need some opinions

Do you offer a stated warranty, 30, 60, 90 days? I`m not saying that there aren`t people out there like this but people with common sense know there aren`t any free rides even with top notch products. Coatings make taking care of your finish easier and the gloss last longer but one still needs to take a stab at mantaining the finish. This person in my opinion has unrealistic expectations.

If he`s potentially a long term customer it could be a teaching/learning opportunity. Perhaps a touch up or redo at a special price with the understanding that should he continue the maintenance practices he`s been using that he can expect much the same result. Should he change his ways, he may become customer that you see more frequently. No doubt he would be happier with his investment.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So 5 months?

WOW !!

Decon it and show him how to wash it properly?

I remember people like this when I worked in Gaithersburg
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes mnehls86, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

what did he wash it with? Maybe offer to wash his car with Reset or something similar to see if it beads after that?

Post Thanks / Like

Did he email you or did you already talk to him? I would just explain that road grime and the wrong shampoo can clog the coatings pores. As for the wheels, there aren`t many that wouldn`t be dirty after months and the brake dust baked on. Coating or not it`ll take some effort. Sounds like he might be a tough one to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m no full-time pro , but IMO i`d politely explain to him that neglecting the maintenance of the appearance of his vehicle may affect the durability of any protective products applied to the surface of the paint and that coatings/waxes/sealants are more of a sacrificial barrier rather than a repellent that keeps dirt away . I always think of it as the following example : being morbidly obese(trashed paint) , getting liposuction(getting car detailed) ,and not following a healthy eating lifestyle after that(not doing proper maintenance washing) then complaining that you`re gaining weight again.

Again,not a full-time pro, just my thoughts and my analogy on the subject.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    I have a client that has a car I coated in April. He has not washed the car since. It is his daily driver. He is complaining about dirty wheels and that the car doesn`t bead water after he finally had it washed! What would you do?
    Had it washed may be the operative phrase.

What
    Who
    How
    With WHAT
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes mnehls86 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to do a maintenance wash for him and we are sending him elsewhere. I provided him with Gyeon bathe and cure and written instructions and he did not follow them?
    Thanks for the input!
    Likes trashmanssd, mnehls86 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

yes, having not washed it for 5 months is really bad, but you still want to find out how it was washed to determine if the paint should have been beading properly anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

Does not washing a car degrade a coating?

Why would a guy who pays to have his car detailed and coated not wash it in 5 mos?

I wonder if the car had some Collinite applied 5 mos ago if it would be beading?

Post Thanks / Like

I think it just needs a Devon a some cure and it will be fine. I found out it was pressure wash using check snow foam by a mobile guy who assured me the car sheeted fine but had not been washed. He has several cars and "shops" detailer looking for a deal.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it just needs a Devon a some cure and it will be fine. I found out it was pressure wash using check snow foam by a mobile guy who assured me the car sheeted fine but had not been washed. He has several cars and "shops" detailer looking for a deal.
    Send em to the cub scout fund raiser wash
    Likes Stokdgs, 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Which coating?

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon MOHs Plus, I can assure you that it is not a coating problem!

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon MOHs Plus, I can assure you that it is not a coating problem!
    Calm down, that is not why asked.

I was going to suggest an Ironx type wash but not sure how that coating is going to react. Is it a semi?

PS: I had a guy a year ago with a Z and it was full of waterspots. Asked him how he dried it - he said he would wash it and get in the car and drive around. I corrected his paint, removed the WSs and opti coated the exterior. I gave him links to watch how to videos and all the right towels etc to order like I do with all my clients. Month ago he e mails me and says the car is full of water spots and if I`d look at it. Comes by and the car is hammered. I asked him how he dries the car - he said he washes it and gets in the car and drives around. He was trying to make it my fault. Some people.
    Likes GearHead_1, Stokdgs liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information