Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What can SONUS MOTOR KOTE do for you?

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    The sprayer has two settings.... Mist and spray. You have to look at the tip to be able to tell. One side is the spray side the other is the mist.
    Thanks. I`ll check that out tomorrow. Never noticed it had two settings.
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    The sprayer has two settings.... Mist and spray. You have to look at the tip to be able to tell. One side is the spray side the other is the mist.
    Yep, I was using the "Spray" setting not the "Stream" setting, but I was still getting a very course spray that made it impossible to get lite coat until I swithed to an atomizer type sprayer.
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rottenII View Post
    Thanks. I`ll check that out tomorrow. Never noticed it had two settings.
    No problem. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by pwaug View Post
    Yep, I was using the "Spray" setting not the "Stream" setting, but I was still getting a very course spray that made it impossible to get lite coat until I swithed to an atomizer type sprayer.
    That`s a shame. Glad you have it figured out though.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of my very favorite products. It leaves a rich matte sheen, not shiny.

Post Thanks / Like

Wanted to add...
    That DP engine degreaser is one of the best products (and safe) that i have used on engines.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve mostly avoided spray-on products for engine compartments as I find it hard to keep it off areas where I don`t want it. How does the Motor Kote work out in that regard?

Also, if you can`t touch/wipe it, how do you get it down into tight areas like the corrugated part of an air intake and other nooks and crannies? I always have to spread it and apply [whatever I`m using] with swabs or a small brush.

My Motor Kote went bad before I ever tried it, so I have zero experience with this stuff...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`ve mostly avoided spray-on products for engine compartments as I find it hard to keep it off areas where I don`t want it. How does the Motor Kote work out in that regard?

Also, if you can`t touch/wipe it, how do you get it down into tight areas like the corrugated part of an air intake and other nooks and crannies? I always have to spread it and apply [whatever I`m using] with swabs or a small brush.

My Motor Kote went bad before I ever tried it, so I have zero experience with this stuff...
    I have used foam brushes with it before with no ill effects or dabbed to much spray with a Terry Cloth. As far as getting where you do not want it there is always paper , cardboard etc. I have used Sonus for years.

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I just used this over the weekend again. Looks great after a quick wipedown of the engine bay.

if you don`t want it on certain part I would suggest ether covering them quickly with a paper towel or something, or wiping those parts down after you spray everything. Since this is an acrylic sealant I don`t have any issues usually. Also after waiting for 20-30min I come back and wipe down any still overly wet spots to knock it down and keep an even appearance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post

Keeping it off areas where you don`t want it is probably the one negative. Especially when you spray towards the upper part of the engine compartment you can easily get overspray on the windshield. The same can be said for the fenders as well. So what I try to do is clean the engine bay and dress it before I do a complete wash. That way all the overspray is easily washed off and by the time I am done washing it is mostly dry.

If you don`t want it on a particular area in the engine bay, I would just put a towel or plastic bag over the area and spray around it.

If I need to get it into tight areas I honestly just try to spray directly on these areas at a very close distance. Even if I spray it too much where it drips it still seems to lay evenly.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice. I do the engine FIRST. Pre spray fenders etc with water. Then i use plastic bags to cover the battery etc.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate the comments, thanks.

Sounds like a *little* touching would be OK.

I`m guessing that you don`t want it to get wet until it`s dried/cured, right?

If only for that reason I can`t really do the engine compartments first, at least not on some of my vehicles, but it`s an interesting approach.

I *am* sure impressed by how many of you like the Motor Kote, sounds like a great product for most people.

I still don`t think it`s for me though; in my case all those surfaces get done at every wash (thoroughly washed with brushes and swabs and dried) and if I`m gonna be drying something I might as well just spritz on a little product first. But OTOH I guess it`s not a whole lot different from using Ultima`s TTG+ and other products either...hmm, might keep thinking about it after all.

Post Thanks / Like

My sprayer has two settings but neither puts out a fine mist. Spray it hard and get to much product. Spray it ez and get drips. There is no in between. So I left it sit for how ever long the directions stated then hit it with the DP dryer. It evened all of the puddles out in the nooks and crannies.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like I`m still de-winterizing the cars I got a bottle of the Sonus, misted engine bays with Optimum Power Clean and pressure washed with my ancient Karcher.

The spray head on the Sonus really leaves something to be desired. I tried a couple different sprayers. Haven`t found the perfect solution yet. I did only a single light coat of the Sonus. I kinda wiped up with a clean MF utility towel. It looked good yesterday. I think it looks better today. A single coat of Sonus leaves a beautiful appearance:

To me, this level of patina is just about perfect for creating a factory-fresh appearance.
    Cars: bringing people together
    Likes PA DETAILER, Ronkh liked this post

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Been using Sonus for many yrs, great to see many folks using it still.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!
    Likes Ronkh, tropicsteve, 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Old Pirate View Post
    Been using Sonus for many yrs, great to see many folks using it still.
    you introduce me to lots of sonus product
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information