Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: "My Lift Stand" 4 wheel vehicle lift

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    It only goes 10 inches high on the more expensive Quick Jack model, right ?

While that may be great for working under the vehicle, Im not sure its going to be the best height for serious Detailing, where I would want the vehicle at a height so I can stand and apply pressure to the machine to help remove all the defects that hit the lower portion of panels, etc..

I really see no value for me to sit in a rolling chair and try to apply pressure to lower panels, no matter how low the chair lowers, and you really cant see the work unless you get lower still..

Laying on the ground and trying to use a machine - another pain in the triceps, etc., and not going to work as effective either..

How does one know how long the jacks need to be to raise every vehicle that comes in the door ?? Do the jacks extend longer and shorter ?

Perhaps the scissor jacks and an outright big car lift still win out if they can extend or shrink to the right length of frame rails and raise much higher..
    Dan F
    Dan, no arguement on a full sized lift winning out. I`ve always been of the impression that if I`m going to permantly lock up the floor space that a scissor lift is simply a stop gap to what I really should have. I built my garage and its floor with the intent of installing a full sized lift (it`s a foot thick, 20 ft wide and 36 ft long in that bay) and just have never done it. This said, I can see a place for these little wheel lifts. You`re absolutely right that sitting on a rolling chair will not allow you to put pressure on the polisher. It takes more out of you trying to steady the chair than your able to put into the polisher. I find myself using both a rolling chair and one of the Werner mini platfforms now days. Yeah, it`s not ultra convenient (I don`t do this commercially) but you`ve got 3 feet to slide your butt down and it only requires a few moves to go down the side of the car. I`m doing this now and I think that having just that much more air under the vehicle would save my back a bit. I`d look into these assuming they are priced right.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Mi Hermano Estimado,
    I am so glad that you have made room for that ultimate vehicle lift !!!
    There will be nothing better when you get around to that project..
    Certainly, anything to get it higher is better than ground level when Detailing vehicles..
    I have worn out a few Husky Knee Pads, the dark gray plastic ones with the foam on the inside..
    They are soft and not hard, and all I can do luckily, is kneel down or sit down with the Rotary in front of me so I can apply maximum equal pressure across the panel..
    I also have that Werner platform and have outfitted one side of it in the foam they use to wrap cold A/C lines, so it will not scratch or dent anything it gets close to..
    Sounds like you have your process figured out for your needs and it works great for ya` !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Eh, not tall enough IMO.

I *will* commend them on having a good idea and bringing it to market though.
    This is what I use at home EZ CAR LIFT - FREE-STANDING USE-ANYWHERE CAR LIFT! FAST. SAFE. STRONG.EASY.

- Patrick

Post Thanks / Like

pmnewton- That must be nice...wish they made one with a higher capacity.

Post Thanks / Like

seems like a lot of work. lifting each corner twice. then having to left each corner 2 more times to drop it. I have a set of ramps I am happy with.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information