Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

They washed my freakin car !!!!!

&(*%$^&&*(_)()&^%*%$ As the title says.

When I dropped it off Monday I said "DO NOT WASH".. Well as soon as they were done, and brought the car to the delivery bay, I got in and cranked it back up. Warning light came back on. Back into the nether regions of the dealer it goes, as I shout "DON"T WASH IT". 4 hours later, I leave with a loaner car off the lot, since they had to order more parts....... Well they call yesterday and the part they ordered didn`t work, so they ordered a different part of the suspension. Was supposed to be here this am and car done today. Do not wash it!......... They call today and say "Truck blew up so it won`t be done today". Tomorrow? Yes....... Do not wash.....

Well the part got there by some other carrier, not their normal carrier. Cool, so the car will be ready today.

I go to pick it up and it`s sitting in Service delivery bay, nice and clean Service lady came out quick, and said "I know, I know.." I went to lunch and when I came back it had been done.

And it`s sprinkling out anyway.. So I head on home it was dry at home, so I hit the buckets (2) of course.

Then start to look over the car. 2 things caught my eye right away so decided not to get a light and look for swirls.

If you look closely, you can see some sort of marks in the paint.

Off to the right side on this pic

This is at the hatch/body seam on the passenger side. It seems like a "rubbery" scratch so maybe a brush with rubber rim, or hose coupling pull.

Argghhhhhhhhhhhh !

Well here`s the rest of the car. It`s tucked away in the garage. Car show tomorrow am if no rain.

Guess tomorrow I`ll check for swirls and other rids.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Stokdgs, tropicsteve, mnehls86 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: They washed my freakin car !!!!!

It least it is white and won`t show the swirls like your recently departed black Vette. Got to invest in a bunch of "do not wash me" signs in English and Spanish.
    Likes tropicsteve, Bindytou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    It least it is white and won`t show the swirls like your recently departed black Vette. Got to invest in a bunch of "do not wash me" signs in English and Spanish.
    Yep
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear this Ron, it`s sad. You already know how I feel about it. As soon as I could bring it to the high standards I expect that car it to be in, I`d be asking the dealer for something. They should be comping you oil changes, rotation and balance, somethinng (anything but washes) to compensate you for any extra work or product that you have to put in to it.

Why should you have to work any harder to get your car where you want it to be? Just isn`t right. Man, I can`t even imagine how you`d have felt if it would have been your Saleen. I`m kiddin` of course, it`s no laughing matter.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Sorry to hear this Ron, it`s sad. You already know how I feel about it. As soon as I could bring it to the high standards I expect that car it to be in, I`d be asking the dealer for something. They should be comping you oil changes, rotation and balance, somethinng (anything but washes) to compensate you for any extra work or product that you have to put in to it.

Why should you have to work any harder to get your car where you want it to be? Just isn`t right. Man, I can`t even imagine how you`d have felt if it would have been your Saleen. I`m kiddin` of course, it`s no laughing matter.

Now I will say and show. This ain`t just some small swirls now.

Post Thanks / Like

They washed my freakin car !!!!!

I`d be asking for something. The dealer should be comping you oil changes, rotation and balance, somethinng (anything but washes) to compensate you for any extra work or product that you have to put in to it.
    You want the dealer to touch that car again???

I hope all the damage can be polished out. If you don`t want your car jacked up - you should just do that work yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`d be asking for something. The dealer should be comping you oil changes, rotation and balance, somethinng (anything but washes) to compensate you for any extra work or product that you have to put in to it.

I hope all the damage can be polished out. If you don`t want your car jacked up - you should just do that work yourself.

Not necessarily but there are always accesories, parts, Corvette blankets, leather jackets, something to help make it right.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I missed the thread explaining Ron got a bad @22 new white Z06 Vette. Sorry about dealer ignorance but congrats on the car WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Not necessarily but there are always accesories, parts, Corvette blankets, leather jackets, something to make it right.
    I`m not gonna jam up the service advisor, she`s nice. But will show.

Hey, I hadn`t done anything to it yet besides Liquid Natty`s Red.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    I missed the thread explaining Ron got a bad @22 new white Z06 Vette. Sorry about dealer ignorance but congrats on the car WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That`s what happens when you leave a black car in the FL sun too long.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you can get that guy you met at the car show to help you spiff it up? You know, that guy that took care of your black one.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes trashmanssd, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Ron, I just can`t agree with you on protecting the Service Advisor. You put your trust in her and she didn`t protect your interests. Maybe it isn`t her fault but someone at that dealership is to blame. If you don`t make an issue out off it, someone else will be in your shoes.

At the very least if I were going to let her off the hook, she`d know it and she`d feel obligated to take care of me anytime she saw me. If they can`t see fit to take better care of 100K vehicle and a customer of your status than they have to this point someone needs to hear about it. I`m just not that growlie of a customer but this bothers me. Do you want me to go talk to them for you?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

I swear it`s not even worth trying to keep things like new anymore. I`m so sick of "I don`t care..it`s not mine attitudes". Hopefully it looks ok in the sun tomorrow.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you can get that guy you met at the car show to help you spiff it up? You know, that guy that took care of your black one.
    Ow !

Bwahahahahahahahahahah
    Likes RaysWay liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    I swear it`s not even worth trying to keep things like new anymore. I`m so sick of "I don`t care..it`s not mine attitudes". Hopefully it looks ok in the sun tomorrow.
    yep. Will see in am. The clear carbon fiber will tell the tale.
    Likes kato23 liked this post

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information