Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason more cities are NOW enforcing this Water Act is- at least in CA., the state control board is writing new permits and some cities have concluded that they can be fined by the State for up to 10k per occurrence. Rather than pay this fine, they are going to get the money from those that put their city at risk..mobile washers that do not contain..etc. My city is fining the property owners- I think I have posted this before, but this is great! I can use this as marketing. This is a business, not a passion for me at 40 yrs. old. I want to make money and if it doesn`t, then I`m on to something that does!

Rob Regan

Post Thanks / Like
    Wanting to put others out of business to promote your own? As I view the members on Autopia, it makes me curious as to why the members who talk about going to great lengths trying to put others out of business are all showing their companies with older, beat up or just low-end vehicles and trailers?

Could it be that harming others business`s, talking bad about them, etc. is what they view as marketing - maybe that`s why they are unable to pay the cost of a newer or more impressive vehcile? I know that, were I the owner of a $300-$1m car, I wouldn`t even think of paying a detailer who shows up at my home in what use to be a phone company minivan. I certainly am by no means rich. But, I made $325k detailing last year. I think there is plenty of work for everyone. The more the merrier. I`m all for saving the planet. But, the kind of crap prontowash pulled on my daughter`s school seems pretty typical of those claiming to be for the environment but drive a bunch of dinosaur emission producing vehicles.
    Quote Originally Posted by WCD
    The reason more cities are NOW enforcing this Water Act is- at least in CA., the state control board is writing new permits and some cities have concluded that they can be fined by the State for up to 10k per occurrence. Rather than pay this fine, they are going to get the money from those that put their city at risk..mobile washers that do not contain..etc. My city is fining the property owners- I think I have posted this before, but this is great! I can use this as marketing. This is a business, not a passion for me at 40 yrs. old. I want to make money and if it doesn`t, then I`m on to something that does!

Rob Regan

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Wax
    this thread appears to have been a sore point. i just wanted to post that my daughter recently brought home a school paper that is distributed to the students (she attends in orange county). she and her cheerleading squad were planning to organize a car wash at one of the local supermarkets. the local prontowash owner found out about the car wash and took it the the local municipality and complained about how much pollutant would result. he then proceeded to market his service to the school so that he could provide wash service for the car wash. and, he wanted to charge the school from their proceeds for their charity wash.

because of the nature of the wash the city approved the girls charity. i`m just really surprise that someone would go to that extreme for his cause.

See, I would argue "the real cause" is making money, at any costs, versus protecting the environment. I am not a conservative (politically speaking), but even I can see a lot of these "environmentalists" seem to have other motives - mainly tied to control or money, or both (Just my opinion).
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Red98gt

:bat Unless Obama wants to pay for a reclaim system for every detailer in the effected areas....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Red98gt

The law is pretty clear on this topic. You are not allowed to dump non-drinkable water into things that are sources of drinkable water, or connected in some way to drinkable water. And certainly not if you are doing this for a profit.

The exact same issue would occur if someone proposed using an injection well to dispose of soapy run off water, instead of dumping it on the ground.

Of course the Carwash industry (represented by the ICA) has mixed interest on clean water issues. Lots of car wash owners don`t want to install reclaim and post-processing equipment either, and they don`t want to pay special assesments for sewerage either.

Home car washing does tend to use a lot of water, since people tend to be very liberal with the rinse water. Also the waste water from car washing is problematic since it is very soapy (which favors the formation of grease emulsions/creates sewage foaming issues) and may be contaminated with oily wastes.

IMHO your best ally in this sort of fight is to call up SEMA/AAIA as well as the various car care supply companies (Meguires, Turtle Wax, Mothers etc) They can hook you up with the right public affairs folks.

There are many vested interests in favor of home car washing (Car chemical suppliers, Auto parts stores, the aftermarket industry in general etc)

Post Thanks / Like
    "but even I can see a lot of these "environmentalists" seem to have other motives - mainly tied to control or money, or both (Just my opinion)."

quote fromWW - and dead on the money, as more and more leading scientist are calling "global warming" a scam of epic proportions, OwlGore and his minions are jetting around like Chicken Little trying to get control before the vast number of sheeple wake up - turn off American Idol/ET and figure out their back door is getting reamed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    "but even I can see a lot of these "environmentalists" seem to have other motives - mainly tied to control or money, or both (Just my opinion)."

quote fromWW - and dead on the money, as more and more leading scientist are calling "global warming" a scam of epic proportions, OwlGore and his minions are jetting around like Chicken Little trying to get control before the vast number of sheeple wake up - turn off American Idol/ET and figure out their back door is getting reamed.
    Who are these leading Scientists that are calling Global Warming a hoax? I think there is a fairly large consensus in the Scientific community that GW is real and that it is most likely caused by humans. Everyone is entitled to believe what they want based on available evidence, however, it is very obvious to me that we have damaged the planet`s climate.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    So . . . what I`m seeing here is that, even if I do have a reclamation system in place, pulling up in my HUMMER is probably quite the dichotomy. I mean, what`s supposed to be used when that 4x4 truck pulls up fresh from a weekend of mudding?

Post Thanks / Like
    it would be nice to have the excellent WikiMatrix system available to compare all types of apps. WikiMatrix is a

very efficient blend of a grid (for feature comparisons), a wizard and wiki pages for details

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread Information