Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m with Jim on this one, you guys just don`t get it!

:hide:

yes I am kidding!

From what I have read, and this is clearly just my personal opinion, he is doing nothing more than pushing his product while using his "educated" talk to do it.

"I was on this conference call"

"I just got off the pone with the board of directors"

etc.. etc..

:tribe: :beware

Post Thanks / Like
    Surprised to see a Detailer from San Francisco taking these views. Clearly, not everyone gets what is going on, and will resist with every fiber in their bones.
    What exactly are my views? Have you not read my posts? I said im not against going green/eco detailing, only against your product whoring.

Your not helping us, and your not helping this industry.....all your doing is "protecting your investment".

Just read a story on another prontowash franchisee. I think his quote explains perfectly why your so worried about this....

“My brother and I were looking for a turn-key business that required minimal infrastructure, had a quick turn-around time and had a low initial investment cost,†said Peter Mott. “We chose to own and operate a ProntoWash franchise because the executives are dedicated to providing us with extensive marketing, promotional, sales and training support to help us get our business off the ground and be profitable.â€
    Franchisewire.com

Notice they mention nothing about detailing nor the environment. This quote pretty much sums up what your all about. Atleast these fellas were honest about it. They didnt say anything about wanting to save wildlife or the detailing industry, theyre just in it for the money.

Good luck with your franchise though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also from the site:

About ProntoWash USA

ProntoWash USA is an international franchise-based mobile car wash, detailing and paintless dent repair operation. Based on a concept first created in Argentina, the company provides consumer-friendly car wash, wax and detailing services from its retail locations at malls. The mall location is ideal for customers who don’t like to wait; they can shop in the adjacent mall while their car is washed. ProntoWash USA entered the U.S. market in 2002 and currently has 16 locations in Florida, California and Virginia. With its new partner, MedCar, a paintless dent and scratch removal company, ProntoWash is expanding its offering to include paintless dent repair to franchisees for their locations throughout the country. For more information, visit www.prontowash.com or call (305) 623-7851.

Convenient

The simple and powerful concept behind ProntoWash is to maximize individual’s personal time and take advantage of the typical idle parking time at Shopping Malls, Entertainment facilities and the workplace; thus providing the customer an added value service and the ability to enjoy more important activities. The result of all this is a new business experience, geared 100% to providing customer convenience.

Safe

The customer simply parks the car in the assigned parking area for car wash purposes and the car is washed at that location. There is no need to move the car.

Ecological

Considering that the ProntoWash system consumes only less than 1 pint of water per service and uses biodegradable products, it represents a totally ecological alternative in comparison to the traditional system, which works with pressured water and thus it consumes hundreds of litters per service and generates pollutant effluents.

Quality Premium Services

Not only will the customer’s car be washed by hand by a well trained washer but the customer can request premium services like shampoo, hand wax and leather treatment among others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you quote me on where I cross the line? I think there are too many leaps here not based in fact.

Should I take my web site out of my profile, so I can post just on my ideas?

Why doesn`t anyone recognize the help I have given to others, in helping them make a change into this model? To overcome a hurdle where they got kicked out of a City, and I spent my time, effort and energy to help?

Why won`t anyone debate me on the facts here? Instead of taking cheap and unfounded shots at the solution I am with. There is no way I can benefit financially from you in San Fran, no way.

Dsoto, I have seen your posts on No Rinse. For the City in the OP, do you realize that No Rinse is not an acceptable model, that it has not been accepted in any City with that has adopted these ordinances? They are taking a zero discharge stance, from what I have seen, it is not possible to control all No Rinse from hitting the ground? Remember, I am a supporter of this model as being consistent with the spirit and intent of Water $mart Eco Detailing. But the Cities are not.

fyi, in a Franchise opportunity, the characteristics listed are key attributes for those in the market for a franchise, for sure. You are correct, they do not appeal to those here ... I get that, but you seem to think I am coming here to sell you something. Bottom line, it has not been a fit, we have never successfully converted someone from the industry into our particular model. Typically, it is not a fit for either side, just not a good fit. We typically look outside the industry, in large part because old dogs are hard to teach new tricks, probably the same when one goes to hire ... "I have al lot of experience detailing at XYZ" .... next!

I just see a whole lot of complaints ... this is unfair stuff. That`s why I was surprised, as in San Fran area, that is where all the best Management Practices to achieve the standards of the NPDES Ms$ Permit come from. And if you read closely the OP link, the State Water Control Board guy sis the genesis of these events. Oxnard is one of only a many Cities within the regulatory jurisdiction. It is spreading.

So, go ahead, make fun of me, I can take it. Reality is that I am not selling. Reality is that I have seen few posts of value.

This isn’t an opinion on what you think about global warming, this is happening.

And, today, the largest provider of water here in So California just did 2 things. 1. raised the cost of water and 2) cut the amount of water available.

Fellas, I am not creating the perfect storm, but it is happening, whether you like it or not †just trying to discuss solutions.

those who know me know that your accusations are false.

Anyone have anything of value to contribute? Maybe you guys can start a Relaited thread, and have some fun with it †I will play along.

-jim

so if logically, you were to recognize that I can`t "sell" anything in your geography

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, your info is very outdated ... don`t beleive everything you read my friend.

How is that adding any value here?

Post Thanks / Like
    Relaited, this will be the last post I make in this thread.

Im just going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you started off on the wrong foot. Your being ignorant if you dont believe your posts before this thread were borderline spam/trolling.

I made an exaggerated post mocking your posting habits because thats exactly how we saw it. You would come into a thread that was asking a specific question and answer with a question totally unrelated.

Maybe you really do have concerns for us. Maybe your not just worried about your business growing. Only you know what your true intentions are.

IMO, one reason why waterless washing hasnt caught on here is simply for fear of marring. Youve admitted that most detailers here, whether they be "technicians or professionals", are going for a higher level than just a "clean" car. Many detailers havent even accepted that ONR wont mar any more than a traditional wash, so you can imagine how quick they are to completely embrace a waterless wash.

Before I buy a product I thoroughly research it. I read all the reviews on it on various forums, than I make my decision on whether I should buy it. To be honest, I just havent seen that many reviews on waterless products. There are very few.

If your willing to send a sample Id be more than happy to try it out and post my review.

Thats all. Good luck with your detailing endeavors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Over reaching Relaited???

This looks and sounds familiar from somebody else in the Bay Area. Can you say Tea Party!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Relaited

Get the facts, I am not trying to sway you into my system.

-jim

I wish I were in Texas, at lest from a business point of view, it would be easy pickins to grow my business there. It is easy here, I can`t imagine how easy it would be with this thinking!

-jim

Post Thanks / Like
    P-U... stinks in here. I`d better take out the trash!

Post Thanks / Like
    Phew...at least now we can talk about Eco-Friendly detailing in a productive manner! Thanks, David!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB

You, sir, are a hero :usa
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    :aww:

I wanted to see what else he had to say!

:thx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidB

:thx

I can breathe now. I don`t know if I could take any more eco $marta**ness runoff into the forum...
    -Jordan

Over the Top Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont mind that he is pushing the Eco-friendly stuff. I mean it is going to happen eventually. But the way he went about it was just annoying.

his way or no way was basically how I took it. Buy my product! Basically the way Dsoto and most others said it

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, Relaited if you just would have kept your tone down a little this could have been a good place for you. Oh well, live and learn. I still think the answer is low VOC and environmentally friendly product lines, and having collection points at the end of storm drains. Having a policy that makes people who wash their cars in their driveway criminals, is a joke and will not stop contamination from going into storm drains. It may stop some contamination from Automobiles, but that is nothing compared to pesticides, fertilizers, and other poisons that go into the water supply.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information