Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mosca

Crystal Guard. That`s another one that I`d bet would accept a layer of wax, DavidB. Crystal Guard is one tough sono```un. I had to rub for about 2 minutes with ScratchX to get some scratches that were underneath Crystal Guard.

It is a product that does not tolerate shortcuts in application, though. Let it cure a week before washing.

Tom

Tom,

I have CG on the shelf, but have not had a chance to try it yet. I will.

Anymore, I`m looking for quick results that last. If I have to apply multiple layers to get results, these days I`m less inclined to use it.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mike Phillips

For all of you that have the Tech Wax in your possession, if you have a flawless finish to test on, then try this simple test.

Using a clean, soft foam applicator pad, apply a small amount of Tech wax to your flawless finish and remove and look to see if it left any scratches.

The correct result is, no... it should leave any scratches, that’s because the abrasives used in Tech Wax are not those kind of abrasives. Remember, there are many types of abrasives that Meguiar`s has access to. This enables the chemists to pick and choose the exact type of abrasive to accomplish the goal of the product.

Mike, you`ve used this example in the past a few times but I do not think this means anything at all. Yes, on a flawless surface, the proper application of NXT wax will NOT leave any scratches. But does does that prove? It doesn`t prove anything at all because I get the same results using meguair`s #9, 3M Swirl Mark Remover, 3M Finesse-It II, or any other high quality abrasive product.

No one here is saying that NXT contains the kind of harsh abrasives that would actually leave a scratch on the substrate it`s being applied to. Being a last step product, I`m sure that whatever abrasives it contains are very very fine and for 99% of NXT`s users, these very fine abrasives play a very useful role.

Personally, I do not think any less of a product if it isn`t "layerable" or if it contains mild cleaners/abrasives because I no longer "layer" products the way I used to (I no longer have the time for that). I plan to continue testing NXT to see if I can get better durability on any of my other cars. The first experience with it was disappointing (in terms of durability), however, in large part to David`s review and the review of a few others, I think it`s worth trying a few more times...especially when you consider the fact that NXT is a very easy to use product that leaves a very nice shine. I couldn`t give a rat`s arse whether or not it contained fine abrasives or not.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DavidB

Oh, jeeze... did you have to bring me in to this?

LOL, sorry David, but when you speak, people listen (at least I certainly do!).

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DavidB

Zaino Z5 has a low enough solvent content that it will not remove itself. Klasse SG has no solvents at all. Everything else, I`m sorry to say, falls in to the "removes itself" category. This is not to say that applying two coats of NXT, BF, AIO or UPP will not improve the final finish... it will... but not past two coats.

David, Thanks for giving it to us straight!! Definitely a refreshing change of pace from all the frustrating back and forth exchange that`s been going on in this thread!!

Killrwheels, I think you got your answer....finally..

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, wow. Newbie here but I`m not just a turtle waxer or Nu-finisher anymore. I just bought a one year old Acura, anthracite.

In the sun it had obvious ugly, white surface scratches all over. The car had never been waxed, was from a dusty area, the paint was dry. I wanted a simple effective wax to quickly protect the paint so further down the line I can pursue other ideas, options.

This wax brought out all the metallic flakes I could want and the only flaws are very very slight scratches most people wouldn` t see. I`d say the paint looks 97% as good as from the paint factory.

For what I used it for, NXT was perfect. I`m sure 95% of Meg NXT buyers would be happy with it, easy too, the people who are not on autopia, and don`t know a Klasse from moose, vanilla or otherwise.

I can understand people wanting to understand what this wax is and if Meg`s marketing is accurate. I`m happy with it for now.

But if I get smarter, I want a PC machine to clean off more scratches and do Klasse or something similar, why?, you say, if I`m so happy with NXT?

Why, is because I`m on autopia, and I want to get the best paint look and protection I can. to me that is separate steps.
    03 Anthracite CL-S 6-Speed

Shiftin` & Shinin`

Post Thanks / Like
    What the hell did I start??? :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I would argue that anything you rub onto a painted surface and remove with by rubbing off has by the very nature of the process at least some level of abrasiveness. If you were to look at the surface with enough magnification. The goal is to make the scratches small enough to not be noticed by the naked eye.

Post Thanks / Like
    These old threads are great. Wow how times have changed. I never see anyone even using NXT. LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I use NXT 2.0 still from time to time.
    Nick
    Tucker`s Detailing Services
    2012 Ford Transit Connect
    815-954-0773

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy thread resurrection!

Post Thanks / Like
    And a popcorn thread at that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow........over 6 years later, this thread comes back to life!

FWIW, I still use NXT 2.0.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mike Phillips...NXT ? for you

Wow........again over 5 years later, this thread comes back to life!

I found a full bottle of NXT 2.0. Should I call the Smithsonian? That is the question.

Post Thanks / Like

Ha!

My join date was in 09...

Figures I`d see an old post like this on what might be my first return.

Believe it or not, I still like and use thus product...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie jam View Post

I found a full bottle of NXT 2.0. Should I call the Smithsonian? That is the question.
    I was going through some old boxes of detailing stuff and found a bottle as well lol
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie jam View Post

That`s nothing. I have a bottle of NXT 1.0 on my shelf with still a little product in it.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    That`s nothing. I have a bottle of NXT 1.0 on my shelf with still a little product in it.
    I have a tin of the paste 1.0. It`s dried out a bit, and stinks to high hell!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information