Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Mr. Ross,

It is with mixed feelings that send you this email. As you know, within the past week, one of the Autopia Moderators sent me information regarding the misuse (near fraudulent) of Autopia resources by a member(s) posting messages under different names using the same computer or computer network. Although not specifically stated in our public rules, we take this situation very seriously, as it poses a breach of trust and security.

The bad news continues. As a result of the appearance of fraudulent activity regarding the use of Autopia user IDs and email addresses, the Moderators have continued to investigate situations that did not seem plausable. There is some concern that pictures of motorcars you posted as yours actually belong to UK based dealerships not known to be associated with John Ross. I can send you the list of situations, but I don`t feel it is worth further discussion. I have no way to verify the information.

We`re not finished yet. It came to my attention today that, as a result of the above security issue, you have sent harassing emails (private messages) to one or more of the moderator, with threatening implications if they did not comply. This cannot stand. Besides the fact that I hand-picked all of the Moderators, and trust them implicitly, this is a community that thrives on mutual respect and trust.

With regards to this whole situation, I do not know what information I can trust coming from the "John Ross group". There are too many facts and situations that do not add up. I cast no accusations, however, based on your emails to the Moderators and what you feel is a personal security issue for you and your family, I am revoking your Autopia membership. I simply do not want to have the Autopia community implicated in any breach of personal security.

My decision is based on trusted counsel. As such, you can be assured that I will hold this information in the strictest of confidence. It is not my intention to harm or discredit you in any way. However, I do have a responsibility to the Autopia community and to the Moderators which does not waiver.

My best to you and Stephanie.

Sincerely,

David Bynon

Post Thanks / Like
    my best to you and

steph,Boyer,your mom, your dad, all the staff, sid, and all the others people that you are..........

LOL

Good mail David,

It was all in good taste, had class, and was to the point with out being rude. You are a class act.

Bill
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done David. You were very reserved and polite, I aplaud you. Very classy indeed.

Now that this matter is behind us hopefully everything can get back to normal around here.

Again, great e-mail David. :xyxthumbs
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    I really didn`t want it to come to this, but there really was no other choice.......I stand behind it 110%

DK

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate to think we were duped, but it sure seems that way. Just too strange. I`m sure I have not heard the last of it.

Obsessive Compulsive Detailer Jngrbrdman's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`d love to be there when he reads that email. Not because I`m a mean and cold heartd person, but rather because I just want to watch him bang his head on the desk when he realizes that he has been caught. I`d be very interested to know how he intends to explain his way out of this one.

This is my prediction. He is going to send David an email stating that he can`t be kicked off the board because he is the one doing the leaving here. Brad B. so deeply offended him by his refusal to respond to his PM that he has decided that Autopia isn`t the place for him anymore. He has the ability to prove that the cars he has listed for sale are his but he doesn`t feel that its worth his time to explain. He`s just going to flip up the back of his coat and moon us as he walks off into the sunset.

That`s just a prediction, of course. If it turns out that I`m 100% correct then feel free to check my IPs and background so you can rest assured that I`m not one of John Ross`s creations too. Excellent PM David.
    ~ ~ www.OCDetails.com ~ ~
    Faster isn`t better. BETTER is better no matter how long it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you David. Well put. Very restrained and eloquent. Much better than I would have handled it.:up

I like your response too, DK! I think I sent Poor ole Ross over the edge. He isn`t used to not getting what he wants. :p
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Brad B.,

Yeah, my mixed feelings were "... should I just ban him or go beat the crap out of him for playing me like such a fool?"

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DavidB

Brad B.,

Yeah, my mixed feelings were "... should I just ban him or go beat the crap out of him for playing me like such a fool?"

db

Bwahahahaha LOL
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    David, want me to loan you a can of military strength whoopass just in case?

Post Thanks / Like
    Epic Thread Bump
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information