Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the pic from Ross`s avatar. It`s an exact match!!
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG I think your right SLock
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t worry about this at all. In my opinion, we have not done anything that can expose us to liability. My assessment is based on the following facts. Please correct me if I am wrong.

(a) We don`t have any personal information about John; and

(b) We haven`t given any information about John out to anyone.

So long as both of these assumptions are correct, John cannot bring any claim against us.

Federal law grants operators of interent web sites sweeping immunity from liability for activities associated with the operation of the sites. Operators of web sites generally do have a duty to keep the personal information of the site`s users confidential. It is also unlawful for the operators to knowingly permit unlawfal material to remain posted on their site, such as material that infringes someone`s copyright or trademark rights.

However, most other activities relating to the operation of a web site have immunity from liability under federal law.

The foergoing discussion is based on US law. John lives in the UK, so it is possible that he does have a claim against us under English law. I don`t know anything about English law- but I am not worried.

In order for us to become subject to liability in any legal system, we`d have to do something. We`d have to harm John in some way. But the he beauty of the present situation lies in that we haven`t done anything! We can`t possibly harm John, because we don`t have any information that could harm him. We don`t even know who he is! His concerns about our "release" of "personal" information are groundless. We have no such information; nor have we released any.

I don`t know what to make of John. I have long suspected that he is scamming us, but I have never said anything becuase I had no proof. His first email to David almost convinced me that he has been truthful. But the recent flood of messages has me scratching my head again. Is he self-destructing like criminal defendants sometimes do? Or is he a concerned husband? I just don`t know.

In sum, though, do not worry about being sued by John. If you`d like, we can assure john that (a) the individual (Boyer?) to whom he referred in his email to Redcarguy has been banned, and (b) we have no personal information about him- nor have we ever had it- and have never released any information about him or his wife to anyone.

If John continues to cause trouble, we can always ban him. Let me know before you do this, though. There`s a right way to do it.
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    He definitely ripped off the picture but he never said the car was his, did he? You would assume it was, so that is misleading, and certainly scummy, but he probably didn`t outright lie.

But IF you can afford a Bentley, you sure as heck should take your own frickin picture!:p
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I remember him saying that was his car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to post all that Dude said but I was waitin on him to

LOL

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm. This is getting more and more interesting. Is our venerable Mr. Ross more inflated than the books at Worldcomm? Is he pulling an Enron and discarding evidence?

From the looks of things, he is acting like he is being painted into a corner. Right now, we have to keep it chilled because he may come out swinging and we need to be prepared for that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Read his sig, the Bentley he has listed is supposed to be the car in his avatar....WRONG! What a total joke.

Post Thanks / Like
    But the massive irony of all this is that he is so worried about privacy but he is disclosing pertinent bits of info all over a Public Web Site (E.g. License Plate Number). Then on top of it, he is getting very nervous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I found even more evidence against Ross. Here is a thread in which he states his dealership has this car for sale. http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum...threadid=11171 Please make note of the picture.

WRONG!! That picture is a Rip-Off from the Jack Barclay site just like his avatar is. Go to The Jack Barclay site at http://www.bentleyapproved.com/bentl...d/jackbarclay/ click pre-owned cars, it`s on the second page of the pre-owned listings 3rd from the top. Look familar?

How much more do we have to dig up before we realize this guy is not who he says he is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yet another one:

In this thread he claims HIS dealership has this Rolls for sale. http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum...?threadid=9313 Wrong again, check out this page http://www.jackbarclay.co.uk/usedcar...D=92142&bhcp=1

It`s listed by another dealership, looks like he ripped this one off too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Geez, another one. Yep. Here http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum...?threadid=9314 He says HIS Rolls for sale. Ding, Ding. Incorrect!! Check here. http://www.jackbarclay.co.uk/usedcar...D=92142&bhcp=1

Yet another rip-off of Jack Barclay. It`s pretty clear that "his" cars from "his" dealership are nothing of the sort. They are ripoffs from other dealerships webpages. I could probably do this for every picture of"his" cars that he has ever posted, but I think you guys get the point.

Suddenly the truth about Mr.Ross is coming into crystal clear focus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, Brad, that is pretty wild investigative work. This is hard to dispute. I mean this is an out and out lie.

Incredible work. Just amazing. :bounce
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln

Suddenly the truth about Mr.Ross is coming into crystal clear focus.

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Brad. I think we now have the proof we need. Not only has Ross given himself enough rope, but he is already swinging from the gallows.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information