Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much.....

Other places don`t seem to be suffering so bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this thread has Jumped the Shark.................. ;}

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gofast908z
    Pretty much.....

Other places don`t seem to be suffering so bad.

Because other forums aren`t expecting the process and products used they may feel that way but at the end of the day if nobody replies no one `````es about it. Plain and Simple

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, 17 pages, hope I don`t say anything that`s been said.

I`ve been detailing for the last 4-5 years and have noticed a change. I think it`s due to:

1. Photo whores - not every scratch needs to be documented IMO and sometimes after 20 minutes of looking through the photos, I don`t even want to comment.

2. Glory Only shots - no before shots ruin it 99% of the time for me.

3. Product/Process explanation - I don`t see that too much anymore and those are my favorite ones. Everyone just posts photos...but what did you use! I actually like when people "tell the story" of the detail, it keeps me interested and as you said in the original post "reading it over and over again".

The above 3 I think are why you don`t see many comments. I`m just too lazy to comment I guess. #4 however, is why there are probably less views in each thread...

4. YouTube - I`m subscribed to some of my favorite detailers and I think this is where "click and brag" is headed. I like ScottWax, his posts and videos have helped me a lot, but the videos are boring (no offense). Younger generation needs to be entertained. If you look at other guys like David from Street Dreams, he just posted a video and instantly there were comments and "likes". I also like hitting play and sitting back. Scrolling is just too time consuming nowadays :bored:, lol. Even videos that aren`t HD, they might be good but I`ll just click back. Now that I say that, I feel stuck up, haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by badquenga
    Wow, 17 pages, hope I don`t say anything that`s been said.

I`ve been detailing for the last 4-5 years and have noticed a change. I think it`s due to:

1. Photo whores - not every scratch needs to be documented IMO and sometimes after 20 minutes of looking through the photos, I don`t even want to comment.

2. Glory Only shots - no before shots ruin it 99% of the time for me.

3. Product/Process explanation - I don`t see that too much anymore and those are my favorite ones. Everyone just posts photos...but what did you use! I actually like when people "tell the story" of the detail, it keeps me interested and as you said in the original post "reading it over and over again".

The above 3 I think are why you don`t see many comments. I`m just too lazy to comment I guess. #4 however, is why there are probably less views in each thread...

4. YouTube - I`m subscribed to some of my favorite detailers and I think this is where "click and brag" is headed. I like ScottWax, his posts and videos have helped me a lot, but the videos are boring (no offense). Younger generation needs to be entertained. If you look at other guys like David from Street Dreams, he just posted a video and instantly there were comments and "likes". I also like hitting play and sitting back. Scrolling is just too time consuming nowadays :bored:, lol. Even videos that aren`t HD, they might be good but I`ll just click back. Now that I say that, I feel stuck up, haha.

I love it when my point is made for me, when most here click on a write up.........the sentiment is "What`s in it for me" , and If you do not show me how you did it.....................you suck and I will not comment on your post.

Here is my reply "SO WHAT", comments should made about the work and not who did it or what kind of car it is. BTW DB does not seem to suffer the same ills as here....................gee I wonder why.

Post Thanks / Like
    Would it be worth it if there were 2 C&B`s, one where the authors did the full review -like Todd Helme use to do or Marc Harris does, one where someone looking for tips/technique and product recommendations could find it all? And another one with just before/after shots?

Personally, I don`t look at C&B`s much anymore unless someone reports a post or I see something like a rare Kevin Brown post...hint hint KB

What do ya`ll think? We try to help the detailing community as best we can and would love to hear from you.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, I used to look forward to 3 guys- Picus, Scottwax, and the guy who`s click and brags I loved, GSRStilez aka G35Stilez.

I guess things have changed!:blah:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by whitejavaS500
    LOL, I used to look forward to 3 guys- Picus, Scottwax, and the guy who`s click and brags I loved, GSRStilez aka G35Stilez.

<3 <3

I`ve said it in this thread and will agree again with above; I like seeing the process. Gratuitous pics are nice and in some cases they do tell a story, but even so I just really enjoy hearing how people are doing things. Not because I want to rip them off, not because I can`t do it myself...because I love detailing and it`s interesting to me to see how other people are achieving results they do.

For me it just got very time consuming to do c&bs. I just got home from the shop and it`s 10 till 11pm and I`m in at 6am... so now I take vids of cool correction, upload `em to youtube and call it a day.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess some folks get it, some don`t. Some of the C&Bs have like 100 pics. It reminds me of the relative that sends (like actually emails them) 100+ photos of something boring. 5, maybe 10 photos is all you need. Add a link if someone wants to see more. And the pics don`t need to be 1900x1200. The more notable the detail, the better. Lets not post 1 steps of a 15 year old car economy car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Picus
    <3 <3

I`ve said it in this thread and will agree again with above; I like seeing the process. Gratuitous pics are nice and in some cases they do tell a story, but even so I just really enjoy hearing how people are doing things. Not because I want to rip them off, not because I can`t do it myself...because I love detailing and it`s interesting to me to see how other people are achieving results they do.

For me it just got very time consuming to do c&bs. I just got home from the shop and it`s 10 till 11pm and I`m in at 6am... so now I take vids of cool correction, upload `em to youtube and call it a day.

Same here, I used to spend quite a bit of time taking photos and putting a write-up about what I did. I just dont have the time anymore. I still take a ton of photos, I just use them for my actual marketing. I remember seeing you stuff Picus! I`ll have to check out your you tube channel, video is kind of the direction I`m taking as well.
    Detail ME

05 Tacoma TRD sport

99 Audi A4

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by whitejavaS500

For me it was Todd Helme, Marc Harris and the ultra rare C&B from Kevin Brown. Every one from those guys was a joy to read, very inspirational and educational too.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just enjoying a C&B by MachNU. The older Benzes he does really appeal to me, and the methods he uses on the various paintjobs can be interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I guess some folks get it, some don`t. Some of the C&Bs have like 100 pics. It reminds me of the relative that sends (like actually emails them) 100+ photos of something boring. 5, maybe 10 photos is all you need. Add a link if someone wants to see more. And the pics don`t need to be 1900x1200. The more notable the detail, the better. Lets not post 1 steps of a 15 year old car economy car.

Short attention span? Explain to me how you can show a full correction (25+hrs) in 5 to a SHOCKING 10 pictures. If you don`t like looking at all the pics, why are you here in this section?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gofast908z
    Short attention span? Explain to me how you can show a full correction (25+hrs) in 5 to a SHOCKING 10 pictures. If you don`t like looking at all the pics, why are you here in this section?

Can`t take some constructive criticism? Why are you in this thread?

Fact is, people don`t want to look at a ton of pictures, if they do, they`ll click a link to see more. Look at mainstream advertising, see how many pictures they use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Can`t take some constructive criticism? Why are you in this thread?

Fact is, people don`t want to look at a ton of pictures, if they do, they`ll click a link to see more. Look at mainstream advertising, see how many pictures they use.

Oh I can take constructive criticism when its given, but I just disagree with your assessment of "how it should be". I`m here because this site has really gone downhill and this thread really helped put the nail in the coffin...I mean really this thread is just depressing with people complaining and being lazy.

Fact is people are lazy. What`s wrong with having lots of pictures? You CAN`T convey 25+ hours of work in 5-10 pics and have anyone take you seriously as a professional. This isn`t mainstream advertising so that doesn`t work here. This forum is to show and display your work....which requires pictures. If you can`t stand looking at pictures, why bother opening these threads? Sounds like you`re wasting your own time. You did compare it to tons of boring pics from family afterall......

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information