Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bryansbestwax
    I prefer to value the "old dogs" postings over the young guns. I just feel they deserve my respect in keeping the industry standards high an being a poster child for longevity, not just earning a quick buck.

I understand your point of view and partially agree, but you must realize your paradigm is exactly that: yours. Put yourself in the position of a noob or enthusiast. They can learn plenty from anyone who posts how they achieved a certain turn around. For them almost any post in the C&B is worth looking at.

Remember: 30 years ago you thought at your current age was "old" and considered yourself wise and mature. Now you look at someone 30 years younger and view them as young and inexperienced enough in life. Both thoughts are right...and wrong.

As has been stated, everyone has their own reasons for posting a C&B. Some for pride, some for validation, some for advertising. We should not discourage anyone from posting simply because we don`t like their reason. This thread should serve as a suggestion for those posting, rather than a filter. This community is not an elite, exclusive club of detailers, but a place where each is welcome to share and learn, depending on their paradigm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bryansbestwax
    those aren`t the people that call. The comment was made about the "pros" that use *** time experience as "real" experience, instead of the hands on. The enthusiast never makes the comments to the other guys I am referring to. You loose out because some other "pro" needs to be a douche. All cars are different anyways, take what other say with a grain of salt, because you can be using the same materials and get totally different results. Does that mean we lied about what we used, nope. But like I said, stones have been thrown at some guys on the boards, and their willingness to help goes down considerably and rightly so.

As far as keeping things off the forums, I have been running charity detailing meets/instructional sessions for going on 4 years. I take the enthusiast guys like yourself, and give them some hands on experience. Some others do this as well, so we may be locked down on the net, but not locked up in the real world.

every forum will have its douche nozzles. ive learned to deal with this.

i havent been around nearly enough to know what the politics are in the detailing business, but to me it seems like most other private businesses. people will always be like that.

and as far as your seminars are concerned.. i have been looking for the past year to sit in on someone and learn a few thigns but i havent found anything. now i see that you are in Oshawa, I am in the GTA and would love to get the opportunity to see how its done first hand. keep in mind that i am a beginner and have alot to learn

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nth Degree
    I understand your point of view and partially agree, but you must realize your paradigm is exactly that: yours. Put yourself in the position of a noob or enthusiast. They can learn plenty from anyone who posts how they achieved a certain turn around. For them almost any post in the C&B is worth looking at.

Remember: 30 years ago you thought at your current age was "old" and considered yourself wise and mature. Now you look at someone 30 years younger and view them as young and inexperienced enough in life. Both thoughts are right...and wrong.

As has been stated, everyone has their own reasons for posting a C&B. Some for pride, some for validation, some for advertising. We should not discourage anyone from posting simply because we don`t like their reason. This thread should serve as a suggestion for those posting, rather than a filter. This community is not an elite, exclusive club of detailers, but a place where each is welcome to share and learn, depending on their paradigm.

I agree, I didn`t say only the seasoned guys can post. I encourage the new guys as well, especially those who are first time CnB posters. This isn`t my most visited forum, but I go here to see what Todd Helme, Scottwax, Theal, KB and others have put out. That`s my filter. They aren`t on the other forums as much, or at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dubber
    every forum will have its douche nozzles. ive learned to deal with this.

i havent been around nearly enough to know what the politics are in the detailing business, but to me it seems like most other private businesses. people will always be like that.

and as far as your seminars are concerned.. i have been looking for the past year to sit in on someone and learn a few thigns but i havent found anything. now i see that you are in Oshawa, I am in the GTA and would love to get the opportunity to see how its done first hand. keep in mind that i am a beginner and have alot to learn
    I only do beginner sessions. I used to offer more in depth sessions but some people didn`t come with open minds. Beginners have a more open mind, and will get more out of it. shoot me a PM and I will try and get you in on one of them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ask yourself, Why do a C&B post ever? Ego stroking? Advertising? Why????? Since day one (earliest post I did I think was March 4th, 2004 - BMW 745IL MAKE-OVER) I was focused on presenting my work to potential clients. Yes it stroked my ego to get a bunch of "wow that looks great!" replies, but it was always with the client in mind. I don`t post on C&Bs much any longer for a few reasons. 1- it takes a tons of time, 2- are my clients looking for me on these forums??? Maybe a little but not it used to be. With Facebook and similar I present my work right to them.
    The second mouse gets the cheese!

Post Thanks / Like
    Superior Fine- Some of your C&Bs have been very interesting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s my .02.

After reading most of the thread I am going to say this for the last time.

I no longer post my products or processes for my own personal and business reasons.

I don`t care if I get 1000 views and no replies or 1000 views and 1000 replies I post my work to show what can be done if you work hard enough and apply yourself. I learned everything I know by hard work and my drive to be the best I can be at what I do, not by posting replies like How do you do it? What are your products and processes?

I am not affiliated with any product company and I do support the manufacturers of the products I use by continuing to purchase their products and see no need to advertise for them as they are not advertising for me.

For those who don`t care for new car Click n Brags. What does it matter if the car has 1 mile or 100,000 miles?

Have you ever seen what most new exotics that are wet sanded at the factory look like? They have some of the worst defects such as DA sand scratches, hand sanding tracers and of course deep pigtails and RIDS. The fact that a car may cost $300k does not mean they are defect free when delivered.

In closing:

I am not here to teach anyone how to do what I do and if you have no interest in the threads I post then that`s your choice just as it is my choice to keep my knowledge close to the vest.
    Richie Carbone
    Richie`s Custom Detailing
    Advanced Paint Correction Detail Services
    Specializing in Luxury & Exotic Autos

Serving Cental & South Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    trolololollolocopter to the OP. successful troll is successful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ES08xlt
    trolololollolocopter to the OP. successful troll is successful.

LOL! Do you even know who the OP is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie Carbone

I am not affiliated with any product company and I do support the manufacturers of the products I use by continuing to purchase their products and see no need to advertise for them as they are not advertising for me.

You know whats funny Richie...I`m not affiliated with any company either and worked hard on my own to get my skills up to where they are....however that has not stopped certain people from claiming they "taught" me. Some people never learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    After reading through this whole thread I have many thoughts. Good points have been made, bad points have been made, gross exaggerations, assumptions, speculation, predictions based on opinions not fact, and valid observations! Basically a WHOLE lot of info and a lot of it contradictory.

There are aspects I agree with and disagree with. I don`t feel like writing a novel and explaining my position and backing it up. I just don`t have that much time.

So instead, what I`m going to do is be proactive on the forum today. I`m sick and can`t work today so while I`m resting up I`ll spend some time contributing by answering questions in threads and doing what I can to give back a little.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gofast908z
    So instead, what I`m going to do is be proactive on the forum today. I`m sick and can`t work today so while I`m resting up I`ll spend some time contributing by answering questions in threads and doing what I can to give back a little.

Thanks for doing this Jeff. Your posts are well received and much appreciated. I`m glad that you`ve considered trying something different to help the forum. Kudos.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Thanks for doing this Jeff. Your posts are well received and much appreciated. I`m glad that you`ve considered trying something different to help the forum. Kudos.

I do like to help when I can, though my time is very limited these days. I may not share everything, but I will throw some info out here and there to help others. Kinda sucks the Click and Brag is just DEAD right now....

Post Thanks / Like
    Have Click N Brags "Jumped the Shark"???????

In a word yes, they have.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    Have Click N Brags "Jumped the Shark"???????

In a word yes, they have.

:tumblewee
    Richie Carbone
    Richie`s Custom Detailing
    Advanced Paint Correction Detail Services
    Specializing in Luxury & Exotic Autos

Serving Cental & South Florida

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread Information