Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior
There are several take aways from this thread....

1- The OP should have started a thread outlining what he was looking for, included sun shots or other shots to accurately show the car`s condition, then asked in general what a fair pice should be for what he wanted. Anytime you start a thread stating that you were quoted $XXXX and you think that`s high isn`t gonna go so well.

2- Dave should have just told the OP that his hourly rate is $XX, and he wouldn`t be able to give him a quote until he saw the car. The reason I say this is I believe the OP has no idea what condition his car is really in. He probably has very little experience identifying paint defects (wetsanding marks, orange peel, pigtails, etc...). My guess is that if Dave had met with him, pointed out the issues and described what was involved in correcting them, he may have understood why 20 hours may be required. With that said, I fully believe Dave coulda gone over that beast with a solid 1 step (still leaving behid several defects), and the OP would have thought it was "1000% perfect"....because again, I don`t think he has any idea how bad his car really is. I am amazed with how many people can`t see swirls, even when you point them out to them. Some people have an eye for paint defects, and some don`t I guess.

3- Quality detailers are still perceived by the general public as just being car cleaners. Sad....especially seeing as to how my detailing arsenal exceeds (in value) the cost of most of my clients` golf clubs....and most good detailers have spent more time honing their craft, than said clients spend taking golf lessons and on the driving range.

4- You can really rent a condo in Trump Tower on a $150k salary? Interesting

5- I think the OP will be in for a shock when he trades in, or sells his "brand new BMW" and sees what a bath he is gonna take because it has been repainted.

You forgot one Dave....

If you want a sweet hook-up on a great detail, I know a place in San Diego.......