Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    "some buffer trails began to appear (very minor, noticeable only in certain light) on the hood."

Someone may have already said this, but probably came from that 350 dollar detail...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Anderson
    "some buffer trails began to appear (very minor, noticeable only in certain light) on the hood."

Someone may have already said this, but probably came from that 350 dollar detail...

After the pic of the Shop that does all the tuning shops in SD I bumped around thier site......................oh brother, look at this page "Teflon" to the rescue.

High Tech Formula PAINT SEALANTS AND PAINT SEALANT - STATE OF THE ART CAR SALON IN SAN DIEGO.

No wonder the guy buffing in the one pic is so thin as what could the poor guy be being paid................ $245.00 for a "Sealant package" and that`s inclusive gentlemen.The OP did not do these guys any favors posting thier name..................know this location well actually not to far from "Rightlook" where I bought my containment mat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Anderson

NO NO NO NO NO.

You guy`s have it all wrong. I`ve re-read everything, and it`s quite clear that the car is "1000% brand new perfect" EXCEPT for the problems it has. I think that sounds pretty reasonable. Aside from any paint issues, the car has no paint issues. I`m confident that there are no drips, fish-eyes, solvent pop marks, thin areas, etc, and even if there are, the car is 1000% brand new perfection aside from those defects.

I tried to give the OP a fair shot, but with David`s update with more information of what happened, it`s quite clear.

To recap, $350 gets you 1000% brand new perfection aside from things that are wrong.

I`d also like to thank the OP for new content for my signature.
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by biggiepee
    Im sure its a great product, but i believe most products are more hype than antyhing. For me not worth the price. Once a company sees how easily you believe anything you hear or see, every other company creates a similar product cause they know you will buy it also. Im sure your garage is loaded with every product of the week. How many coating are on the market after such a short period. How many fools spend hundreds of dollars on wax`s that dont last but a week or 2, only so they can say I HAVE IT TOO. Sorry im just not as gullible as most.

As touched on before, whenever you can see a pattern of different people across different forums saying a product is excellent.....well that might be because it is. If you did your research, you`d know that opti-coat it quite different from the other coatings that you`re referring to. Whenever a product can stand up to a couple years of Dawn/touchless car washes and can help visibly conceal clear-coat failure for an extended period of time (a use that it was never intended for), its probably not hype.

And as far as some of the other products you mentioned, most of those were game changing products - the Megs. products especially. Its obvious that you`re stuck in the stone ages whenever it comes to technological advances in the detailing field.

Did you have a hard time switching from dial-up to high speed internet because that was all hype too? Because many of the products you mentioned could be compared to that analogy. Why wouldn`t you want to use products that work well and save you time? I can understand holding out to see if a product is worth the hype or not, but there has to be a point where you say "Hey, 99% of the people that use this product absolutely love it. I must be missing something here," and try the product for yourself.

But since you seem to have problems with a lot of the products people are using on here, I`d be curious to know exactly what your preferred products/methods for correcting and protecting a vehicle are.
    Donald Fazekas

Concours Detailing

Montgomery, Alabama

Facebook

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dfazekas
    As touched on before, whenever you can see a pattern of different people across different forums saying a product is excellent.....well that might be because it is. If you did your research, you`d know that opti-coat it quite different from the other coatings that you`re referring to. Whenever a product can stand up to a couple years of Dawn/touchless car washes and can help visibly conceal clear-coat failure for an extended period of time (a use that it was never intended for), its probably not hype.

And as far as some of the other products you mentioned, most of those were game changing products - the Megs. products especially. Its obvious that you`re stuck in the stone ages whenever it comes to technological advances in the detailing field.

Did you have a hard time switching from dial-up to high speed internet because that was all hype too? Because many of the products you mentioned could be compared to that analogy. Why wouldn`t you want to use products that work well and save you time? I can understand holding out to see if a product is worth the hype or not, but there has to be a point where you say "Hey, 99% of the people that use this product absolutely love it. I must be missing something here," and try the product for yourself.

But since you seem to have problems with a lot of the products people are using on here, I`d be curious to know exactly what your preferred products/methods for correcting and protecting a vehicle are.

99% of the people who use the product are going to say they love it because they want to be part of everyone else saying how good it is,, regardless if it worked any better than the previous product they were using. On one forum you will see everyone bashing a product and on another forum everyone is saying how good it is. How can that be? Its because people just follow what other people say.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge
    How does this connect to the price point `Dis-connect of the OP`s whining, because Dave wanted to charge more to "Apply Opti-coat" to Full polish HRE 5 series wheels(I know a little about the wheels as I was a HRE dealer @ Performance Art a defunct tuning shop I was the GM of) as these wheels will look like a** if not polished at least monthly.

I want to know why a guy would have a car repainted that was new.....................does not make sense at all...........why not buy a Black car?? unless of course the "Orange peel" of the finish was too much to deal with..........then buy a Bentley GT coupe with no orange peel at all................but all the money is gone from "Renting in Trump Tower".

Whenever I see someone come on the side of someone who is so far of thier lane you have to ask "What is the motive" or if it is a friend of the OP, these threads get so much views and replies that even though it is negative in nature it is bringing "Content" to the site and unique views (lol). Here is my "Suggestion to" Biggiepee and that is do not buy anything mentioned by any prominent detailer because in the face of overwhelming mass purchases and satisified detailers it must be "All hype"

I dont know the OP nor, nor did i say anything about the price being quoted. At one point in time werent you praising how good GLOSS IT prodcuts where? what happened there? Dont here you mentioning anything about them anymore? guess it was all hype? my point exactly

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote name=`MarcHarris`]NO NO NO NO NO.

You guy`s have it all wrong. I`ve re-read everything, and it`s quite clear that the car is "1000% brand new perfect" EXCEPT for the problems it has. I think that sounds pretty reasonable. Aside from any paint issues, the car has no paint issues. I`m confident that there are no drips, fish-eyes, solvent pop marks, thin areas, etc, and even if there are, the car is 1000% brand new perfection aside from those defects.

I tired to give the OP a fair shot, but with David`s update with more information of what happened, it`s quite clear.

To recap, $350 gets you 1000% brand new perfection aside from things that are wrong.

Thanks Marc........................my "Refreshe Safeway bottled water" is all over my monitor screen(Well some of it.......and I choked on the rest and developed hiccups as well..................stand up level quality humor from the "Major league Infidel" who lobbed a "grenade" into the mix................incoming get down (lol).

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The cost of the products has less to do with the total price of the service than you think.

Im sure its a great product, but i believe most products are more hype than antyhing. For me not worth the price. Once a company sees how easily you believe anything you hear or see, every other company creates a similar product cause they know you will buy it also. Im sure your garage is loaded with every product of the week. How many coating are on the market after such a short period. How many fools spend hundreds of dollars on wax`s that dont last but a week or 2, only so they can say I HAVE IT TOO. Sorry im just not as gullible as most.
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1
    Clearly you have not used them.

Opti-Guard Hydrophobic properties.wmv - YouTube

Did you do the black trim also? And your real name is Rasky? If so props to your parents for a cool *** name.

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, you just nailed it on the friggin head. Exactly what I have been thinking put into words.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcHarris
    NO NO NO NO NO.

I tried to give the OP a fair shot, but with David`s update with more information of what happened, it`s quite clear.

Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei86
    Did you do the black trim also? And your real name is Rasky? If so props to your parents for a cool *** name.

Yes, all trim, including the plastic piece around the wipers was coated...basically everything but the tires.

Real name is Chad, but most people call me Rasky as a shortened version of my last name. It`s kind of a family nick name that has been passed down over the years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge
    After the pic of the Shop that does all the tuning shops in SD I bumped around thier site......................oh brother, look at this page "Teflon" to the rescue.

High Tech Formula PAINT SEALANTS AND PAINT SEALANT - STATE OF THE ART CAR SALON IN SAN DIEGO.

No wonder the guy buffing in the one pic is so thin as what could the poor guy be being paid................ $245.00 for a "Sealant package" and that`s inclusive gentlemen.The OP did not do these guys any favors posting thier name..................know this location well actually not to far from "Rightlook" where I bought my containment mat.

if you use enough heat for teflon to actually adhere to the car you would burn the paint off first.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know the OP nor, nor did i say anything about the price being quoted. At one point in time werent you praising how good GLOSS IT prodcuts where? what happened there? Dont here you mentioning anything about them anymore? guess it was all hype? my point exactly

For your ability to remember what I said before you sure do not "Keep up with current threads" now do you? and I layed all of this out in finite detail here on this site and on DB..........as a matter of fact the thread kinda of went like this one......................huge level of views, mulitiple guys saying I concur etc.

This thread is like a Rugby scrum and you are at the bottom getting crushed, at what point do you say to yourself "Well maybe the battle and the war is lost" I mean come on now!!!. The OP is like "Take all the heat from me.............oh yeah".

Post Thanks / Like
    99% of the people who use the product are going to say they love it because they want to be part of everyone else saying how good it is,, regardless if it worked any better than the previous product they were using. On one forum you will see everyone bashing a product and on another forum everyone is saying how good it is. How can that be? Its because people just follow what other people say.

: :

What kind of 3rd grade logic is that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenap
    Have you used the OptiCoat product? I`m guessing no, since it`s one item that lives up to and surpasses the hype. And we`re going on a couple of years now in the marketplace, with hundreds of pros and enthusiasts using the product and thousands of cars coated. Try the product before bashing it.

I have to agree. I`m a noob enthusiasts and before I purchased my 1st syringe of Opti-Coat 2.0 I kept on doing searches on forums for this product and see if it really was worth the 59.99 asking price.

@biggiepee: This is probably one of the best products on the market for people that wants something for daily drivers for the set it and forget it group. Not only that its very much good value! Don`t believe me? The hypes been around since 2008 and this thing just plan works with ACTUAL reports from trusted people over the years

http://www.autopia.org/forum/epic-threads/110818-$300-hour.html

Noticed in that thread all the skepticism from long time posters and trusted detailers? Read the whole thread its worth it!

Another good thread

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...detailien.html

And another good write up

http://www.autopia.org/forum/product...at-review.html

THEE best long term test thread

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...st-review.html

Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1
    Yes, all trim, including the plastic piece around the wipers was coated...basically everything but the tires.

Real name is Chad, but most people call me Rasky as a shortened version of my last name. It`s kind of a family nick name that has been passed down over the years.

Oh, well its still a cool name, also thanks I was thinking about doing the trim or not. Now that`s confirmed I think I`ll do the whole car with OC2.0

Edit: 2.0
    Reasonable price for David Fermani to Opti Coat a NEW car?

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information