Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Whats a good leather cleaner to use if I plan on doing regular upkeep? I tried the armorall stuff from the auto store and its greasy. So something that is not greasy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Woolite and water; 1:10 for gentle cleaning and 1:6 for a stronger cleaner. I mix up these two dilutions in spray bottles for the cars I do.

For commercial products I look to Leather Masters. They make a Strong Cleaner and a Soft Cleaner. I`ve used both and it is what I use on my own cars.

I follow with Leather Masters Protection Cream which is not oily or slippery.

Leather Master Products

Post Thanks / Like
    I got rid of my leather cleaners because woolite is all I need now. Its gentle but will clean some of the worst stains

Post Thanks / Like
    woolite like jfelbab said. pour an ounce in a spray bottle, fill the rest with distilled water, shake a bit. spray a couple squirts right onto the towel and 1-2 on the seat. Always buff off good with a clean side of the towel then apply some leather conditioner. nice warm seats come out better. always buff it off at the end.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re looking for the very best product to use on your leather, use Leather Masters. You can rest assured that it`s a product made for leather and it won`t leave a damaging residue behind that will produce quick resoiling.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    One more vote for Leather Masters. Note that their mild cleaner really *IS* awfully mild...as in, it might not even hurt the dirt

I did a pal`s car with Leather Masters after he`d treated its leather for years with various stuff from Zep, Meguiar`s, and Armor All. It was a night/day transformation. The stuff I was cleaning off/out of his leather was just so...YUCK, nasty yellowish [stuff].

If you`re using the Woolite, I`d sure figure out a way to rinse it off. Yeah, I know, everybody uses it with no issues, but still....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    One more vote for Leather Masters. Note that their mild cleaner really *IS* awfully mild...as in, it might not even hurt the dirt

I did a pal`s car with Leather Masters after he`d treated its leather for years with various stuff from Zep, Meguiar`s, and Armor All. It was a night/day transformation. The stuff I was cleaning off/out of his leather was just so...YUCK, nasty yellowish [stuff].

If you`re using the Woolite, I`d sure figure out a way to rinse it off. Yeah, I know, everybody uses it with no issues, but still....

That`s why I only buy the strong and just dilute it based on how soiled the particular hides are that I happen to be working on that day:clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    If I was to get the cleaners from Leather Masters, which one should I get?

Post Thanks / Like
    Strong Cleaner - $11.99 minus discount

Leather Master Strong Cleaner Leather Cleaner
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Or maybe from these folks: Cleaners

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Or maybe from these folks: Cleaners

They don`t give discount from that site.

I`m checking out detailersdomain since he`s a known vendor

Post Thanks / Like
    What does the Leather Master cleaner/conditioner smells like?

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard that Leather Masters CONDITIONER is water based and this is what im looking for. Can someone confirm this and direct me to the proper link? I see that they have a couple different conditioners and im not sure which one to go with.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
    What does the Leather Master cleaner/conditioner smells like?

The Strong Cleaner has a mild smell similar to Woolite. The Protection Cream is nearly odorless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker
    I heard that Leather Masters CONDITIONER is water based and this is what im looking for. Can someone confirm this and direct me to the proper link? I see that they have a couple different conditioners and im not sure which one to go with.

I can say that their Protection Cream dries on the leather and is not oily nor does it leave the leather slippery so it doesn`t contain oils or silicones. I can`t say for sure if it is water based but I think that is the case.

The fact that it dries and is not oily is the main reason I like it. Most other conditioning products I`ve used are oily and actually leave the leather tacky or slippery.

Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information