Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: $300 In An Hour

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Where many dealer protection products fail both the dealer and the product manufacturer is that the warranty/instructions are either not explained or misinformed. I personally (as well as dealerships) want a customer to return atleast annually for say an inspection and possibly a free reapplication. At that time additional services/products(tar removal/scratch removal/interior clean) can be upsold for back-end profit. I`m actually interested in this particular product`s claim on its longevity too. That alone doesn`t mean just because the product *can* last up to 3 years doesn`t mean you don`t need to service your customer for that long. It`s up to how you market it and your service for the most bang for the buck. Having a product actually last that long is icing on the cake. Again, I really think this product, (if done properly) can really be a hit with dealers. Just make sure that the product/warranty cost is in line with competitors in that arena. Dealers still believe that the stuff they`re currently offering actually last 5-6 years without reapplications. So getting through to them making them believe yours is the real deal is a worthless battle. I do think it`s main deferential from products already in place is the WOWA aspect. Nothing like that is being used yet (at dealers). Can`t wait to see what happens.

David I`m with you on every step here. If your a true business person you can see the benefits to a product like this. It comes from a person who I believe in and trust not a big corp. If you believe in your products and ability`s as a detailer and business person

this should be an easy sell.

I think an annual inspection is a great idea.

Ron Harris

Concours Auto Salon

Authorized Modesta Paint Coatings Applier.

Post Thanks / Like
    To the bashers; I`d recommend not to drink Coke until they know the EXACT composition of it. Bert31`s Collinite analogy was just as good - what EXACTLY makes it so durable?

These coatings establish a thin but measurable layer on the substrate. It s normally in the 1-2 micron range. Some of these coatings are not even slick and feels like bare paint, yet shed water like crazy. Sounds weird, huh, dear non-believers?

This thin coat does its job by protecting the paint as it physically wears away. Does it have its limits? Absolutely. If a paint matrix can be heavily damaged by ever so small quartz grit pieces, the coating will be powerless too. If something can scratch the paint itself, causing a 10 micron deep scratch in its entire film build, it will strike through the coating. It won`t levitate away keys or the tip of a screwdriver to protect the paint. But when you wash gently, carefully, the paint will be scratch free for a longer period of time.

Why people expect a force field is beyond me, and I absolutely agree with Paul (Alfisti) about his #58 post.

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Back To Autopia Anthony, LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s as simple as this: Different strokes for different folks.

If the people who are bashing Anthony and the product at hand think it`s garbage, then don`t buy it. There are advancements every day in every field of science/technology/medicine. These are the same people who probably would`ve thought that decoding the human genome wasn`t possible ten years ago or that computers built on nanotechnology was lunacy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk
    It`s as simple as this: Different strokes for different folks.

If the people who are bashing Anthony and the product at hand think it`s garbage, then don`t buy it. There are advancements every day in every field of science/technology/medicine. These are the same people who probably would`ve thought that decoding the human genome wasn`t possible ten years ago or that computers built on nanotechnology was lunacy.

x2

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think that asking questions about this product should be considered "Bashing". If you are trying to market a product that I am going to up-sell to my clients, then it is my right to ask as many questions about it as I can think of. I like to build relationships with my clients and there`s no way that I`m going to up-sell them on a product just to make a quick buck. However non-business like that sounds to you, that`s how I feel. Just because I can make $150-200 in 15 minutes, doesn`t mean that it is the best for my client.

I commend the money making business opportunity this can be and appreciate the OP`s intent on helping everyone make a buck, however probing into this a little more and asking questions is what everyone should be doing.

I go in peace...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorres1120
    I don`t think that asking questions about this product should be considered "Bashing". If you are trying to market a product that I am going to up-sell to my clients, then it is my right to ask as many questions about it as I can think of. I like to build relationships with my clients and there`s no way that I`m going to up-sell them on a product just to make a quick buck. However non-business like that sounds to you, that`s how I feel. Just because I can make $150-200 in 15 minutes, doesn`t mean that it is the best for my client.

I commend the money making business opportunity this can be and appreciate the OP`s intent on helping everyone make a buck, however probing into this a little more and asking questions is what everyone should be doing.

I go in peace...

It`s not the questions that are the issue. It`s the negative comments and arrogant attitudes in the posts. Constructive criticism is an unknown for some of the people replying to this thread. Plus, some of the people post their harsh criticisms before they even read the entire thread.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting thread from a professional I have nothing but respect for. My concerns with a product with a protection life span is what that would that protection promise to protect against. Would a warranty be issued?

Do you guarantee protection against:

etching

swirls

scratches

chips

industrial fallout

My concern with ever offering 3 years of protection in a product, would be with a customer who now feels his finish is protected against all enviromental conditions. What if car is subjected to a harsh environment, and the owner believes that his finish will remain flawless regardless of how the vehicle is cared for. Would it be possible that the owner will now believe that the finish cannot be damaged and will take less care in properly washing the car? How about an owner with a black car who leaves his car outdoors for an extended period of time with a large bird dropping on the finish in the heat? Would he now attempted to claim liability against you if the finish is etched?

I will not bash a product I never tried, but I would be concerned about offering any time frame on protection without thoroughly explaining to the owner what could happen if the car is not properly cared for.

I haven`t tried a new polymer sealant or covering for that matter in about 5 years (aint broke don`t fix it) and have stuck with a few reliable products that have worked well for me consistently, but I am enticed to give this product a try.

When will this product be available? Where can you purchase it? What is the price with regards to size (16oz, .5 gal, 1gal)?

I just checked out Optimum`s website and did not see it?
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    We are testing soon one more method of application. The product is ready for sale but one more last minute idea will be tested.

Hey jimmie, excuse my bluntness here but my original post is about what? Is it about how and why this product works? Nope, it`s about how detailers can increase their profits using this coating. Obviously some people want to know more about it and I have done my best to explain it.

So I am attempting to reply as best I can BUT what would be the response from others, perhaps yourself, if I ignored all those posts? I would then be called all kinds of names so I am damned by you if I reply and then damned if I wouldn`t. Tell me please what should I do? You may seek to reply to this and "defend" your original post, correct? Nothing wrong with that so don`t get on me for doing the same.

The rest of your post is again speculation because you have not yet used the product.

Anthony

Anthony,

the point that i was making was just an opinion. good or bad. founded or unfounded. it`s only in the reader`s mind. just like your original post - you were stating an opinion. i just found it unusual that you would spend so much time and effort to "defend" it. why should you care what anyone else thinks - negative or positive (unless you are trying to "sell" something)? i wasn`t attacking you or anyone else - just stating my opinion about the thread. i stand by my "take" or "read" on it (the thread). everyone has an opinion. :argue::xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mshu7
    It`s not the questions that are the issue. It`s the negative comments and arrogant attitudes in the posts. Constructive criticism is an unknown for some of the people replying to this thread. Plus, some of the people post their harsh criticisms before they even rest of the thread.

I agree with mshu. I see nothing wrong with someone saying they are skeptical of the claims of this product (I am a bit skeptical) or to ask challenging questions about the product but it is when the comments and questions are stated in a tone which mocks the original poster, that I think are uncalled for. I disagree with people buying some of the cheap detailing products at discount stores but I am certainly not going to put down someone who decides to use those products. I just never have understood the defensiveness of some on this board over detailing products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clean Dean
    Do you guarantee protection against:

etching

swirls

scratches

chips

industrial fallout

My concern with ever offering 3 years of protection in a product, would be with a customer who now feels his finish is protected against all enviromental conditions. What if car is subjected to a harsh environment, and the owner believes that his finish will remain flawless regardless of how the vehicle is cared for. Would it be possible that the owner will now believe that the finish cannot be damaged and will take less care in properly washing the car? How about an owner with a black car who leaves his car outdoors for an extended period of time with a large bird dropping on the finish in the heat? Would he now attempted to claim liability against you if the finish is etched?

Dean - I don`t know of a paint protection product/company that warranties against this. In the fine print there`s usually an exclusion that will void the agreement if the vehicle isn`t maintained properly. You also need to contact the warranty company within a certain time frame once the condition is noticed. As for bird droppings, warranties state that they need to be washed/cleaned within a "reasonable time". These warranties usually cover loss of gloss and protection from common elements. I`m sure if you parked your vehicle outside of an industrial plant and only washed it monthly you`d have problems and in turn not be covered under the warranty. I`ve seen alot of "User Defined" loop holes/gray areas in protection agreements.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco

The main selling point of the coating is that you`re providing the client with a coating that will last at least 3 years or longer. It`s not a wax or sealant but more like a permanent additional layer of clear.

Anthony

From page 1 (the holy grail page) Do you think this is what`s creating the skepticism?
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette
    Really? so you documented everything done on the car for this 14 months? it was never waxed again or QD`d or anything in 14 months huh?

If you`re going to do testings you have to do them on cars you can have total control and observation over.

The guy donĂ‚´t even know what a QD is. I have seen it on many cars and it does work. I know that you are a Zaino guy but 1001 layers of Z2 wont sheet like a fresh applied layer of nuba after 14 months. Not even with a spritz of Z8 after each wash.

The only problem with these products is that they all have a bad rep beacuse of dealer scammers. If the product is used buy a person who have resonable detailing knowledges, then it will performe very well. IE a proper prep is everything.

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    At first, It seems more like you just wanted a pat on your back.

Cause you know you didn`t really explain anything about this coating in your very first post. All you did was brag about how you made $300 in one hour, and tell us you have more set up this week. Seems more like you wanted to hype people up about buying this stuff rather then informing them what it can do.

Now that people are coming up with good questions you`re having a hard time answering them with actual facts. If this is supposed to be like a another clear coat like you mentioned in your first few replys. The why do you get paint transfer on single stage paints, How can you not be sure if clay removes it, etc etc.

So from the first page it went from being like another clear coat that can stand up to almost anything to now only being some added protection that will have to be maintained.

This will be my last post about this stuff. Let it be known though just by your first post. I think this was nothing more then a spam/schill post by you and your friend the dr. in order to hype up this product on the forums.

:geez

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueDetailer
    At first, It seems more like you just wanted a pat on your back.

Cause you know you didn`t really explain anything about this coating in your very first post. All you did was brag about how you made $300 in one hour, and tell us you have more set up this week. Seems more like you wanted to hype people up about buying this stuff rather then informing them what it can do.

Now that people are coming up with good questions you`re having a hard time answering them with actual facts. If this is supposed to be like a another clear coat like you mentioned in your first few replys. The why do you get paint transfer on single stage paints, How can you not be sure if clay removes it, etc etc.

So from the first page it went from being like another clear coat that can stand up to almost anything to now only being some added protection that will have to be maintained.

This will be my last post about this stuff. Let it be known though just by your first post. I think this was nothing more then a spam/schill post by you and your friend the dr. in order to hype up this product on the forums.

:geez

I really doubt his intentions of the thread were a "pat on the back". Rather, I think his intentions were to show the product`s potential profit margin and the long-term protection it provides. And as some one already pointed out, he`s not going to divulge all of the details of the product because it`s still in development. No company would release those kinds of details prior to it hitting the market. By the way, the Dr. that you refer to is the founder of Optimum (Dr. David Ghodoussi). Knowing his background and how the other Opt. products perform, I don`t think he`s going to be involved in any BS products like you think this is.

Talk about reading too far into something...
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information