Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: $300 In An Hour

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow guys. Anthony isn`t some clown buffing cars with pledge. Take it easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    How much is this gonna cost?
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sQuashed
    Sounds like 100 other products and they are all "coatings" too. Page 1, this was the holy grail. Forward to page 3 and its just another day in the world of detailing.

What post are you reading? I never stated nor proclaimed it as the "holy grail". Never.

I made the post on how professional detailers can earn some extra cash in a very short amount of time with both private clients and dealers.

There are also thousands of waxes and sealants yet I am sure you still use some of them correct? Do you then go to each thread that mentions a product and make the same statements? Think about it.
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    How much is this gonna cost?

Not yet sure on cost. The first idea was around $90 for 4 ounces of product but the product has been re-worked some and never really talked with Doctor G. about it since then.

I get about 4 or 5 cars out of those 4 ounces.....less if I apply it to a larger car or more than one coating per car.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like some stuff I used to use a long time ago called Crystal Guard. Worked pretty good but not wonders as claimed. I suspect the same with this "coating."

Crystal Guard

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by backwoods_lex
    Wow guys. Anthony isn`t some clown buffing cars with pledge. Take it easy.

Hey thanks. Appreciate that. By the way, love the avatar I mean I am a great fan of Mr. Charles but dang that`s funny!

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco

A typical conversation with your client can go like this.

Client: How long does your best wax last?

You: About 3 to 5 months, depending on how it`s washed and cared for, driven, garaged, etc.

Client: Well I drive my car through the touchless car washes. Does that hurt the wax?

You: Yeah, those harsh soaps can really shorten the life of the wax. I can though apply a coating to your paint that won`t be removed by those washes. It`s not like a conventional wax that wears off after a few weeks or months. I can still wax the car but with this coating you can have peace of mind that after the wax wears off you`re still protected.

Hope that helps,

Anthony

Actually, that part helps me. I have a customer who runs his Lexus through the touch free car wash 4-6 times each WEEK. This might be a product he`d be interested in.

Not so sure my regulars would be interested in it but those who call for new car prep who are one timers or those who wait a full year in between details might also be candidates for this sealant.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    This seems to be the evolution of sealants IMO.

Anthony, the animosity seems to stem from the reputation of prior "coatings" aka, Matrix, glare, toughguard, dealer scam, etc. I guess it could be helpful if you were to differentiate this product from other "coatings" or explain how it is similar.

Interesting to say the least.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now here are some great questions....why? Because David sees the potential and thinks like a business man.

Price point is iffy at the moment. Doctor G. has gone round and round with price so that`s not yet confirmed.

The warranty will most likely be written by a 3rd party as that would give it more clout to the potential buyer.....but again this is not yet confirmed.

Let me also state here that my use of this product will be for mainly dealers. I will apply the product and sell the warranty to the dealer who then passes that on to the buyer.

Before final release there is some more testing of application and most important will be the products container. It must be kept as air tight as possible.

Great questions David,

Anthony

Where many dealer protection products fail both the dealer and the product manufacturer is that the warranty/instructions are either not explained or misinformed. I personally (as well as dealerships) want a customer to return atleast annually for say an inspection and possibly a free reapplication. At that time additional services/products(tar removal/scratch removal/interior clean) can be upsold for back-end profit. I`m actually interested in this particular product`s claim on its longevity too. That alone doesn`t mean just because the product *can* last up to 3 years doesn`t mean you don`t need to service your customer for that long. It`s up to how you market it and your service for the most bang for the buck. Having a product actually last that long is icing on the cake. Again, I really think this product, (if done properly) can really be a hit with dealers. Just make sure that the product/warranty cost is in line with competitors in that arena. Dealers still believe that the stuff they`re currently offering actually last 5-6 years without reapplications. So getting through to them making them believe yours is the real deal is a worthless battle. I do think it`s main deferential from products already in place is the WOWA aspect. Nothing like that is being used yet (at dealers). Can`t wait to see what happens.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXTASY

Anthony, the animosity seems to stem from the reputation of prior "coatings" aka, Matrix, glare, toughguard, dealer scam, etc. I guess it could be helpful if you were to differentiate this product from other "coatings" or explain how it is similar.

There are a few companies out there who have a similar coating. G-Techniq was out last year, it was very expensive and sold in tiny ounces.

A good frind of mine from the UK tells me that there is also a new coating from Japan that he has been using and is suppose to last a really long time that has been out for a while too.

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Actually, that part helps me. I have a customer who runs his Lexus through the touch free car wash 4-6 times each WEEK. This might be a product he`d be interested in.

Not so sure my regulars would be interested in it but those who call for new car prep who are one timers or those who wait a full year in between details might also be candidates for this sealant.

Exactly Scott.

Now this coating can be applied but it doesn`t NEED to be sold as a 3 year coating but rather something you apply to ensure longevity of protection. For example, I have this one several cars but I have applied it more along the lines of it aiding me in the general maintenance of the vehicle.

In fact on some cars I never told the client that they have this coating on their paint. I have applied it only on some trouble areas of certain cars, like on the rear bumpers where some cars get a lot of exhaust stains. It helps to keep those areas cleaner longer.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NSXTASY

Well I can`t get all that technical or in-depth with what makes it tick chemically but I can say that it is fairly new technology with how the polymers are used.

Again, this is a very durable coating guys but it`s not a bullet proof vest for cars. I applied it to a car and that guy came back some weeks later and I found tons of hard water spots all over the paint. Now the coating was still there because I could tell when I washed it but I was shocked at how it had spotting.

The client informed me that he parked it at a shopping center (black paint), next to some sprinklers in 101 temps, full sun with 91% humidity. They were etched in pretty good so I went about buffing the paint and was then pleased to see that they were cleaning up rather easily with a wool pad and OP. It appears that the coating took most of the spotting and only a few made it through to the actual paint. I buffed it all out and re-applied the coating to the hood.

So please don`t think that this can do miracles.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Where many dealer protection products fail both the dealer and the product manufacturer is that the warranty/instructions are either not explained or misinformed. I personally (as well as dealerships) want a customer to return atleast annually for say an inspection and possibly a free reapplication. At that time additional services/products(tar removal/scratch removal/interior clean) can be upsold for back-end profit. I`m actually interested in this particular product`s claim on its longevity too. That alone doesn`t mean just because the product *can* last up to 3 years doesn`t mean you don`t need to service your customer for that long. It`s up to how you market it and your service for the most bang for the buck. Having a product actually last that long is icing on the cake. Again, I really think this product, (if done properly) can really be a hit with dealers. Just make sure that the product/warranty cost is in line with competitors in that arena. Dealers still believe that the stuff they`re currently offering actually last 5-6 years without reapplications. So getting through to them making them believe yours is the real deal is a worthless battle. I do think it`s main deferential from products already in place is the WOWA aspect. Nothing like that is being used yet (at dealers). Can`t wait to see what happens.

Your right David! The concept is great, but dealers are the hardest battles. Most of them will complain about cost, especially when they have their paint sealant marketing already in place and the cost of it per gallon is cheap and their help is dirt cheap. I think if anything that the dealers would be interested in buying it themselves and cutting out the installers to save a buck... With the way the economy is and the way dealers are hurting, I wouldn`t be surprised to see the sales people out there dressed up installing the coating themselves.:hmph:

I like the concept, but.....

Ryan Blanchette

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I may be of some assistance with the scratch prevention questions. I deliberately only did my hood when I received mine. I continued my usual routine on the rest of the car. I haven`t had to clay the hood in 4 months, but I did the roof and trunk. I can attest that the coating is more resistant that my factory paint because I do have some uniform swirls developing on the other horizontal surfaces that are not showing on the hood. Now, is this tougher than all clears, IDK. It`s been killing me not to apply it to the whole car, but I wanted to see the long term effects before I put something on my paint that was hard to remove. I wanted to make sure there was no yellowing with time or adverse issues. I can honestly say that it is not hype. I put it on a red 500sl a few months back and the owner said she went to the garage to wash it after going to movies while it was raining. She was shocked to find that it wasn`t dirty and had no spotting. As the car was driven, the surface is so slick that the water just blows off.

I don`t see it as taking money out of my pocket either. I will only apply it to a properly prepped car and most of my biz don`t fit the bill. The one`s who do buy it will tell others and I will still do the maintenance because they appreciate my integrity, not using outdated products to deliberately generate more income. I`m not saying that you should only use boutique waxes and product x on all cars just that you should offer available technology if requested.

One more thing, this stuff is geared toward protection so you can still use toppers if you like the look they add. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I can`t get all that technical or in-depth with what makes it tick chemically but I can say that it is fairly new technology with how the polymers are used.

Again, this is a very durable coating guys but it`s not a bullet proof vest for cars. I applied it to a car and that guy came back some weeks later and I found tons of hard water spots all over the paint. Now the coating was still there because I could tell when I washed it but I was shocked at how it had spotting.

The client informed me that he parked it at a shopping center (black paint), next to some sprinklers in 101 temps, full sun with 91% humidity. They were etched in pretty good so I went about buffing the paint and was then pleased to see that they were cleaning up rather easily with a wool pad and OP. It appears that the coating took most of the spotting and only a few made it through to the actual paint. I buffed it all out and re-applied the coating to the hood.

So please don`t think that this can do miracles.

Anthony

Thanks for your honesty!!!!

When it comes to sprinkler water in direct sun, nothing will protect 100%.

Ryan Blanchette

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information