Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: $300 In An Hour

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t think you answered this part:

Originally Posted by TrueDetailer View Post

Ok, so does this coating prevent a car from getting swirls,scratches,water etching,fallout,etc,etc for 3 years or more?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OverExposed
    This Bmw looks great and the product definitely makes me curious, but after doing more research on the product, I noticed this on your website.....

"This is why so many meticulous car owners entrust their fine automobiles with Ultimate Reflections Auto Detail. I strive to keep up to date on the latest tools, products and techniques in the detailing industry and also working closely with Dr. David Ghodoussi, paint chemist and founder of Optimum Polymer Technologies,"

As well as a store for those products. It seems this should go against the rules to some degree, it comes off as spam to me.

Care to respond?

This is not a commercial post in the sense that I am selling anything. If you notice my on-line store has been taken down and closed. So I am only sharing my experience with this product and seeking to help others in possibly generating extra income. I have not posted this in the general detailing areas nor the product discussion area but here in the pro detailing section.

Thanks,

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorres1120
    I don`t think you answered this part:

Originally Posted by TrueDetailer View Post

Ok, so does this coating prevent a car from getting swirls,scratches,water etching,fallout,etc,etc for 3 years or more?

Sorry about that. To a slight degree we have noticed it does help in prolonging the polished paint stay swirl free (from washing and drying).

Now if someone keys your car or you get abrasive grit in your wash mitt or towel then it most likely won`t protect against that. It may possibly lessen the correction needed though.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    :Geezx:laugh:
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    Great questions.

First, a car DOES NOT need to be clayed nor polished, ever really. Of course, as you noted, this depends greatly on how the car is treated, driven and stored. A car, kept as a garage queen, may never need to be waxed, especially if cared for properly.

Secondly, it`s not yet confirmed if claying fully removes this coating. I have applied this coating to single stage paint and it appears to now hold up against polishing in the sense that very little paint is being pulled.

Lastly, this is not geared for the general public, which is why I posted this in the professional detailer section. So being a more professional product it can be applied to a clients car and as you continue to service their car you`ll notice that it washes easier and dries super easy, when using forced air. This in turn increases your production.

Also, let`s say that you need to polish a fender on this clients car because they got a paint transfer from a slight bumper rub. You inform them that this will remove their paint coating and you`ll replace the coating after you fix their booboo. You can then an charge them for not only the repair but also the re-application of the coating.

In other words, this product was designed with pros in mind to help generate more income in less time. If you`re the one applying the product, therefore being paid, who cares if you need to re-apply it as you can charge them again and it takes a few minutes to apply it?

I don`t even know where to start with the statements you made in this reply.

First off, You didn`t really answer my question in your reply. About if this product prevents swirls,etching,scratches,etc,etc.

Second, most people don`t own garage queens, so that statement you made about cars not having to be clayed or polished ever is too funny. Every car i have ever worked on has needed some kind of correction. Even brand new cars need to be clayed and sometimes polished.

And even if a car is properly maintained it will eventually need to be polished. There is no way to prevent swirls even with the most anal upkeep of a vehicle, you`re going to get them. And far before that coating wears off, by the time frame they claim at least.

Lastly, if this product lasts that long how is it going to put more money in my pocket? The way i look at it is i just screwed myself out of a wash and wax job every 4 to 6 weeks. And possibly a few full exterior details if this stuff prevents swirls and such. Now my customer thinks all he`ll need for the next few years is a basic wash. So i went from making say 200 a month on one customer to only 100. Say i get every customer i have on board for that coating well i just lost out on ever waxing or polishing a car again for years. So in reallity that coating might of made me a little extra cash in the short run but in the long run i lost more then it made me.

Now i`m not trying to bash this product, just the truthful opinion of a pro.

Post Thanks / Like
    This product def seems interesting, but I feel that I would want to learn more about it. Thanks for posting the product, I hope to learn more about it. I have one question that touches on TrueDetailer`s comments, and that is can we still perform our norm services to the cars? There are always the customers looking to the the absolute least amount of work and that is where I feel I can sell this, but what about my regulars that like that freshly polished and waxed look? I don`t want my regulars to have to pay me more to reapply, but I also don`t want to lose the upkeep services. Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    To a slight degree we have noticed it does help in prolonging the polished paint stay swirl free (from washing and drying).

Ok, you just said it wouldn`t need to be protected again for 3 years, then you say it helps prolong the protection of the paint, but only to a slight degree If my paint is only slightly protected for three years, chances are there will be some serious damage.

And I still don`t know what the product were talking about is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueDetailer
    I don`t even know where to start with the statements you made in this reply.

First off, You didn`t really answer my question in your reply. About if this product prevents swirls,etching,scratches,etc,etc.

Second, most people don`t own garage queens, so that statement you made about cars not having to be clayed or polished ever is too funny. Every car i have ever worked on has needed some kind of correction. Even brand new cars need to be clayed and sometimes polished.

And even if a car is properly maintained it will eventually need to be polished. There is no way to prevent swirls even with the most anal upkeep of a vehicle, you`re going to get them. And far before that coating wears off, by the time frame they claim at least.

Lastly, if this product lasts that long how is it going to put more money in my pocket? The way i look at it is i just screwed myself out of a wash and wax job every 4 to 6 weeks. And possibly a few full exterior details if this stuff prevents swirls and such. Now my customer thinks all he`ll need for the next few years is a basic wash. So i went from making say 200 a month on one customer to only 100. Say i get every customer i have on board for that coating well i just lost out on ever waxing or polishing a car again for years. So in reallity that coating might of made me a little extra cash in the short run but in the long run i lost more then it made me.

Now i`m not trying to bash this product, just the truthful opinion of a pro.

First, I did reply to those questions. Look again.

Secondly, I never said YOU HAD to use this product. I offered my experience with it to others and if they want to use it they can.

Thirdly, I stated this was geared to pros and I also stated how it can be used most effectively. I still wash and maintain my clients cars with this coating and I even wax them on a regular basis. This does not mean you cannot nor do not continue to wax cars. I can wash and dry a car with this coating on it and if done correctly never touch it with a towel except to blot a few areas. So this saves time plus towels used, therefore one can theoretically do more cars with less towels.

Fourth, I have several cars in my care that I have not polished in over 3 years. They are garage queens to the extreme. I seek out this type of client because I hate washing cars, hence the development of Optimum No Rinse and my use of it.

This coating suits MY specific needs and desires (and I am sure those of others), Does it suit yours? Perhaps not and that`s fine but unless you have first hand use of it and its benefits then you can only speculate.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to understand that this is going to bring on a whole lot of questions and speculation and the best thing you can do is just give as much detailed information about what this product really is. I`ve been reading through these 2 pages and still don`t really know how it protects for 3 years?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCWD
    This product def seems interesting, but I feel that I would want to learn more about it. Thanks for posting the product, I hope to learn more about it. I have one question that touches on TrueDetailer`s comments, and that is can we still perform our norm services to the cars? There are always the customers looking to the the absolute least amount of work and that is where I feel I can sell this, but what about my regulars that like that freshly polished and waxed look? I don`t want my regulars to have to pay me more to reapply, but I also don`t want to lose the upkeep services. Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason

Yes, you can still maintain your weekly, bi-weekly and monthly clients just as you normally do.

Look at this coating as an extra layer of insurance in the area of durability. My clients have noticed that during rain their cars are less dirty than without the coating therefore this means the cars should be easier to clean.

This coating aids in washing, the soap kinda "peels" away from the paint and then after rinsing the forced air from an electric leaf blower pretty much dries the car without the use of a towel. It takes a little practice but I can dry Porsches with this coating on and not use a towel except to dry door jams.

You can still use a wax over the coating and also a sealant but the coating alone provides a great look also.

A typical conversation with your client can go like this.

Client: How long does your best wax last?

You: About 3 to 5 months, depending on how it`s washed and cared for, driven, garaged, etc.

Client: Well I drive my car through the touchless car washes. Does that hurt the wax?

You: Yeah, those harsh soaps can really shorten the life of the wax. I can though apply a coating to your paint that won`t be removed by those washes. It`s not like a conventional wax that wears off after a few weeks or months. I can still wax the car but with this coating you can have peace of mind that after the wax wears off you`re still protected.

Hope that helps,

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by anarchistchiken
    Ok, you just said it wouldn`t need to be protected again for 3 years, then you say it helps prolong the protection of the paint, but only to a slight degree If my paint is only slightly protected for three years, chances are there will be some serious damage.

And I still don`t know what the product were talking about is.

The product is a coating developed by Optimum. It has no name as of yet, I just call is a coating.

Also, I never stated that it keeps paint from being scratched but rather that it *MAY* lessen the scratches when they do occur.

I am defining *protection* in the same sense as you would for a wax and/or sealant. This does not provide an armor type coating that repels scratches, laser beams and meteorites. So think of it as your best sealant or wax but on major steroids.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting product Anthony. What`s the price point of the product/warranty and will Optimum be self insuring the product warranty or will it be a 3rd party plan?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ktorres1120
    You have to understand that this is going to bring on a whole lot of questions and speculation and the best thing you can do is just give as much detailed information about what this product really is. I`ve been reading through these 2 pages and still don`t really know how it protects for 3 years?

It bonds or adheres to the paint on a molecular level through crosslinking. Again very similar to how a polymer sealant works but again think of it as a sealant but a sealant on steroids.

Paint crosslinks and only certain solvents can pass that crosslinking. So wax does not bond or crosslink with paint but rather rests on top of the paint in the form of a film.

Polymers though set up and crosslink with paint which makes their application more permanent than wax which is why many detailers apply a sealant and then a wax on top. This gives them the best of both worlds in terms of looks and durability. This coating takes that principle and pumps up the durability, longevity and protection.

Again I hope this helps,

Anthony

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The product is a coating developed by Optimum. It has no name as of yet, I just call is a coating.

Also, I never stated that it keeps paint from being scratched but rather that it *MAY* lessen the scratches when they do occur.

I am defining *protection* in the same sense as you would for a wax and/or sealant. This does not provide an armor type coating that repels scratches, laser beams and meteorites. So think of it as your best sealant or wax but on major steroids.

Anthony

Sounds like 100 other products and they are all "coatings" too. Page 1, this was the holy grail. Forward to page 3 and its just another day in the world of detailing.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Interesting product Anthony. What`s the price point of the product/warranty and will Optimum be self insuring the product warranty or will it be a 3rd party plan?

Now here are some great questions....why? Because David sees the potential and thinks like a business man.

Price point is iffy at the moment. Doctor G. has gone round and round with price so that`s not yet confirmed.

The warranty will most likely be written by a 3rd party as that would give it more clout to the potential buyer.....but again this is not yet confirmed.

Let me also state here that my use of this product will be for mainly dealers. I will apply the product and sell the warranty to the dealer who then passes that on to the buyer.

Before final release there is some more testing of application and most important will be the products container. It must be kept as air tight as possible.

Great questions David,

Anthony

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information