Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    You WILL like my work! jayjacque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fergnation
    Carnuaba is the extremely hot girlfriend that all of your friends are jealous about. She is the hot blonde at the pool with the killer body in a bikini. She is also the girlfriend that every guy looks at when you walk into a room. The drawback is that she might not be the brightest girlfriend you have ever had and often wonders why you spend so much time cleaning your car.

Sealant is the girlfriend that is just alright looking. She is going to be really cool to hang out with and she is usually very fun to be with. Also, not every guy in the room is going to be starring at her, so there is a sense of security that she is not going to be running out the back door with another guy.

Personally, I am going with the hot blonde with big **** every time.

But that is just my sexist view on the subject and nothing more.

Too funny!

Post Thanks / Like
    You haven`t seen a good example of "optically clear" until you have compared a result of Zaino vs. one of Zymol or Swissvax`s premium waxes. It could be an eye-opener for doubters of the wonders of carnauba wax!

Post Thanks / Like
    Carnuaba is the extremely hot girlfriend that all of your friends are jealous about. She is the hot blonde at the pool with the killer body in a bikini. She is also the girlfriend that every guy looks at when you walk into a room. The drawback is that she might not be the brightest girlfriend you have ever had and often wonders why you spend so much time cleaning your car.

Sealant is the girlfriend that is just alright looking. She is going to be really cool to hang out with and she is usually very fun to be with. Also, not every guy in the room is going to be starring at her, so there is a sense of security that she is not going to be running out the back door with another guy.

this is a great post HA
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    It`s obvious you`re brand loyal to your avatar!

lol only in the summer do the big boys come out
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    So how does Z5`s tint wipe away but no one else`s does?

Go buy some yellow carnauba flakes and put them in a clear plastic bag and tell me how easily it is to see through them.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    Go buy some yellow carnauba flakes and put them in a clear plastic bag and tell me how easily it is to see through them.
    Put a bottle of CS or OS next to the carnauba flakes and see if there is a visual difference. As far as I`m aware, yellow carnauba is opaque and isn`t optically clear. If someone can post a bag of optically clear carnauba flakes I`ll change my position. If carnauba looks so great why does Megs add "trade secret oils" to their waxes?

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Put a bottle of CS or OS next to the carnauba flakes and see if there is a visual difference. As far as I`m aware, yellow carnauba is opaque and isn`t optically clear. If someone can post a bag of optically clear carnauba flakes I`ll change my position. If carnauba looks so great why does Megs add "trade secret oils" to their waxes?
    I don`t see the point of arguing whether something is optically clear or not.

First off, Zaino is not 100% optically clear. You put it on a perfectly polished car and it will look different than before application. Granted, I haven`t use all the Zaino products but I have seen many in action and they all "colored" the appearance of the paint.

Second of all, if I came to you and said you can put LSP A on your car and it will look exactly like it did before you applied it or you can put LSP B on your car and it will increase the depth and wetness of the shine, which LSP would you use?

IMVHO, the whole discussion of "optically clear" is a marketing tactic which really has no bearing on anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TH0001
    FWIW, nuba isn`t opitically clear, and its not necessarily a bad thing (sorry for the spelling). This distoration is what lends to the illusion of depth, and it is all based on light refraction vs. light reflection.

That is how I look at it too, and why I tend to go with carnaubas. I like that depth inducing distortion. I modify my engine (slowly...) to improve on what the car manufacturer intended, why not do the same with the paint?

==========

As to Accumulator`s statement that he can tend to ID Zaino cars, not only does Zaino have a distinct look but so do the Werkstatt twins. Those are really the only two products I can usually tell even before the products are listed. Carnaubas, no. The really nice depth you see in person doesn`t seem to photograph as well as super sharp reflections. :nixweiss
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

How does that answer the question of how the non clear Z5 is optically clear and other products that are also not clear are not optically clear. What makes the light purple color of Z5 optically clear as applied vs maybe Acrylic Jett`s watery milk appearance not being optically clear as applied?
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If carnauba looks so great why does Megs add "trade secret oils" to their waxes?

:nixweiss All I know is that NXT2 looks noticably better to me than Z5 does. Maybe Sal needs to get hold of some trade secret oils.
    www.scottwax.com

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    :nixweiss All I know is that NXT2 looks noticably better to me than Z5 does. Maybe Sal needs to get hold of some trade secret oils.

Now why would you suggest that Sal add oils to his products?:nixweiss You`ve posted how great Z8 looks several times:heelclick Maybe you should call Sal, he might be able to answer your questions since he makes the stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Now why would you suggest that Sal add oils to his products?:nixweiss You`ve posted how great Z8 looks several times:heelclick Maybe you should call Sal, he might be able to answer your questions since he makes the stuff

Adding some oils to Z5 might reduce durability, but IMO, it would give added depth on darker colors-not a chemist, so I can`t say for sure. I live in a reasonably temperate climate so if the choice is 10% better appearance vs even 50% better durability, I`ll go with looks. If I lived up north, I`d have to rethink that.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like

Lol! That statement above just re-enforced for me why I love topping my sealant with a nuba. I knew there was a reason why. Can I make my sealant a brunette? I can be the glaze sandwiched in between. :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwww man she`s hot! Wait, is that a her???
    Triple Honda Owner

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information