Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The "tester" that Sal was responding to had a basic premise that was fatally flawed. He was looking for a product that would hide flaws in the vehicle`s painted surface. And he conducted his "test" without doing the Zaino specified surface prep. My thought when reading his article was that he simply didn`t understand the nature of the product line. I am not certain whether that was the result of either unwillingness or intellectual inability on his part. Frankly, I couldn`t get past that part and found his entire article to be nonsense and a waste of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody who`s used Collinite, #16, 3M Showcar Paste Wax, or Malm`s Liquid, just to name some that I know about first-hand from use over extended periods, knows that (at least some) carnaubas work a lot better than some people might like us to think.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Anybody who`s used Collinite, #16, 3M Showcar Paste Wax, or Malm`s Liquid, just to name some that I know about first-hand from use over extended periods, knows that (at least some) carnaubas work a lot better than some people might like us to think.

true and I would prefer #16 over Zaino against Bird bombs any day

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJimZ28
    true and I would prefer #16 over Zaino against Bird bombs any day
    :werd:

BigJim,

I am definitely of the belief that carnauba while not as long lasting as a sealant protects paint better from the environment and it`s hazards like bird bombs, bug guts, sap, etc.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

But is that due to carnauba content or in spite of carnauba content? I contend that Collinites performance is from something other than carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like
    Acid rain. That`s what I want protection from.

The etching is so hard to correct on my Honda`s soft paint. And when the car is in the parking lot at work and it rains, it just beads up and sits there, doing its bad thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    A few years back, I almost believed the claims made by zaino, along with the raves. Soon after I tried this product, I learned that there is a lot of value with doing comparisons and observing various finishes before reaching a conclusion about any product.

Needless to say, I have found several carnauba products that have met and exceeded my expectations in terms of appearance and durability that, unfortunately, was not met by zaino. It is fair to say, however, that zaino is a competitive product in terms of durability and appearance; However I personally would stop short of using it to replace any of my past carnaubas IMBO.

Post Thanks / Like

I applied two coats of 476, one in October and then one again in late November and it`s still beading nicely. Washed once every week or two weeks with Poorboys wash followed by Poorboys S&G.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail
    Just trying to get peoples opinions on the subject, thats all. Sal makes it seem like you`re insane if you use Carnauba.

Well duh, he doesn`t sell one.

I have Zaino and several other sealants like Werkstatt, Opti-Seal, Wolfgang, NXT2 and carnaubas will ALWAYS have a place in my arsenal. On solid black or red paint, a good carnauba will always look better, IMO, than any sealant.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    No, thats not what the thread is about. Im interested about what others think about what Sal said about Carnauba. How it leaves the finish hazy, isnt optically perfect like Zaino, etc. Im interested in the finish the two leave behind, not which one lasts longer.

Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose in the first picture, Pinnacle Souveran in the second. Look hazy or unclear?

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    Sure Z5pro has a tint to it but I assume the tint wipes away with the haze. No doubt CS is clear.

So how does Z5`s tint wipe away but no one else`s does?
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Well duh, he doesn`t sell one.

I have Zaino and several other sealants like Werkstatt, Opti-Seal, Wolfgang, NXT2 and carnaubas will ALWAYS have a place in my arsenal. On solid black or red paint, a good carnauba will always look better, IMO, than any sealant.

No ****, but if you`re going to knock another product then make it at least somewhat believable.

Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose in the first picture, Pinnacle Souveran in the second. Look hazy or unclear?

Ive never seen, thought, or said they leave a hazy finish behind.

Post Thanks / Like
    No ****, but if you`re going to knock another product then make it at least somewhat believable.
    I must have missed something...where is he knocking another product?

And what isn`t believable, again?

Post Thanks / Like

Ive never seen, thought, or said they leave a hazy finish behind.

Read your quote I pulled:

No, thats not what the thread is about. Im interested about what others think about what Sal said about Carnauba. it leaves the finish hazy, isnt optically perfect like Zaino, etc interested in the finish the two leave behind, not which one lasts longer.

I was responding to what Sal said about carnaubas. You asked for opinions, I believe you now have mine.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfisti
    I must have missed something...where is he knocking another product?

And what isn`t believable, again?

Carnauba, and some of the things he said about it.

Read your quote I pulled:

No, thats not what the thread is about. Im interested about what others think about what Sal said about Carnauba. it leaves the finish hazy, isnt optically perfect like Zaino, etc interested in the finish the two leave behind, not which one lasts longer.

I was responding to what Sal said about carnaubas. You asked for opinions, I believe you now have mine.

Right, thats what Sal said, not me. You make it sound like I said that. I asked for opinions because I dont understand how Sal is coming up with some of the stuff he said.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information