Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Maybe, maybe not. I have a lot of customers who still want their vehicles waxed regularly even though I use sealants on their cars. Basically, they want their cars taken care of like we take care of ours.

You took the words right out of my fingers.

There`s a big difference between a detailed vehicle and one that is just protected.:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Question. If you are using a sealant, then why is it necessary to top it with a carnauba? Would it be that there is something missing with the appearance of the sealant, that topping it with a carnauba would seem to satisfy a look that may not have been achieved??

A very interesting question.................anyone?

It kind of compromises the position that a sealant can outperform a carnauba product, when in fact some users feel the need to apply a "carnauba" on top of their long lasting sealant just because of a look that`s missing. Very interesting indeed......

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lbls1
    Question. If you are using a sealant, then why is it necessary to top it with a carnauba? Would it be that there is something missing with the appearance of the sealant, that topping it with a carnauba would seem to satisfy a look that may not have been achieved??

Since not everyone applies a carnuaba over a sealant, there could be many factors why:

Which sealant one is using.

Desired appearance

Something to do until the sealants wears off

Use up an expensive product that been collecting dust

A change of scenery........

:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm

So my rickety, rackety, bleached `nuba flakes are old and outdated, and your (chuckle) sealant is the new end all product that outlasts all nubas, is what`s said to me in public.

I turn my back, walk away, and then people pull out the Frosted Flakes..........for a `nuba taste that "You can never outgrow"....

It just brings a chuckle to my throat somehow......

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm

So my rickety, rackety, bleached `nuba flakes are old and outdated, and your (chuckle) sealant is the new end all product that outlasts all nubas, is what`s said to me in public.

I turn my back, walk away, and then people pull out the Frosted Flakes..........for a `nuba taste that "You can never outgrow"....

It just brings a chuckle to my throat somehow......

I wouldn`t worry about what other people use as long as whatever product you use meets your appearance and protection desires. I used carnuaba products for over 35 years and they always served my needs for vehicle care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I`m not, believe me. My `Nuba Works!!!

I just can`t help getting a kick out of all of the twists of this thread. I am actually having fun reading this stuff!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It kind of compromises the position that a sealant can outperform a carnauba product, when in fact some users feel the need to apply a "carnauba" on top of their long lasting sealant just because of a look that`s missing. Very interesting indeed......
    I fail to understand how a Nuba topped sealant, can change its appearance. I just dont get it. And before someone tells me something scientific, have some back up. Because I dont fall for it gentlemen. How can a nuba do anything to depth or warmth or whatever it is you want to call it, when the paint is sealed with a synthetic? The Nubas do not penetrate the synthetics barrier. All I see happening is whatever color wax your using temporarilly optically alters the appearance, and its very short lived.

I judge a paints appearance by approx 3 items.

Clarity (lack of light altering imperfections, a.k.a scratches/swirls, oxidation)

Color (this is what I would call depth, and its only attainable through cleaning/polishing the clear coat, revealing a virgin color coat.)

Reflectiveness (What does the polish and sealant combo your using, actually provide/attain, how sharp and crisp does it appear, 90% polish, 10% protective barrier)

Maybe I just know what to look for, but not quite how to explain it here..............lol
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Then my counter question is this, and original question remains........

If topping with a carnauba doesn`t change the appearance of a sealant`s finish, then why would a carnauba be used on top of it in the first place?

Post Thanks / Like

If topping with a carnauba doesn`t change the appearance of a sealant`s finish, then why would a carnauba be used on top of it in the first place?
    My simple answer, I have no idea! Why would anyone? I just dont see any significance of doing so. And thats why I use synthetics......Im with you in your query.....

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    My point exactly. Thanks. An LSP is supposed to render the finish (aside from the obligatory prep work) all by itself, whether its a sealant or a carnauba. The combination of the two IMO will not parallel the correct use of either media.

Post Thanks / Like

I use a carnauba wax on top of Klasse because I like the way it beads water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats understandable............

Post Thanks / Like
    Well here`s another question.....why are most top concourse winners users of carnauba?

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to say what I`m thinking........but I won`t. I respect both media (at least in this thread). I`m having fun at the moment anyways, so why spoil it????

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    Well here`s another question.....why are most top concourse winners users of carnauba?

Anthony

A simple answer could be tradition and the other would be the way SS paints re-act to carnuaba and its oils. :nixweiss

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information