Page 1 of 39 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino Clear Seal (CS)

This past October I attended a Corvette Show in New York. Sal Zaino was at the show, and I had a chance to meet him in person. After a half-hour chat two things stood out; Sal has a passion for cars and his product line up. He’s a human database of information.

I couldn’t resist the opportunity, so I asked Sal about products ‘in development’. He smiled, changed topics for a bit, and led me to his car. A moment later he appeared with a 1oz bottle of his latest invention. He called it ‘Clear Seal’. I was intrigued by this, but what he said next floored me.

Sal Claimed the following ‘Clear Seal’ Characteristics:

* ‘Wipe-On –N- Walk Away’. CS is a self curing ‘transparent’ sealer and does not require a final wipe down. It dries clean, and leaves no residue on the surface.

* Looks on par with Z5Pro.

* Improved Slickness vs. Z5Pro

* Optionally, CS can be applied over an existing sealer or carnauba LSP. Zaino is not required as a base, but your mileage will vary when using other products. (CS was designed to work best within the Zaino line-up). This is a subjective area, and something you will have to try for yourself.

* Does not require zfx.

* Clear Seal is a Hydropholic product meaning that it repells water well, but moisture / humidity during application can impact drying times, and in extreme cases produce a light film after the product has dried. This condition is easily resolved with a Z6 QD wipe down.

* Can be used on paint, trim, lighting, wheels, chrome, hard plastic molding, and interior wood trim.

After a demo of CS, I stood there shaking my head in amazement. The concept and technology behind CS is far more advanced than any other detailing product that I’ve seen.

Here’s a Quick Overview of My Testing:

*Test Vehicles: 2 SUV’s, 2 Mini-Vans, 2 Full Size Truck, and 3 Cars.

- I should note that I called Sal after trying the initial sample and BEGGED for another 1 oz. So a total of 2oz covered the above test vehicles.

Packaging, Look and Feel, Application:

My first CS sample came in a 1oz bottle, very similar to the ones shipped with zfx.

My second sample was packaged in a 1oz bottle with an ‘atomized fine mist’ spray head.

CS doesn’t have any noticeable odor.

CS is a clear liquid, resembling water. I applied a drop on my finger tip, and it was very slick –almost oily feeling.

I’ve applied CS in multiple climate conditions ranging from 34-80 degrees, damp weather, fog, full sun, and shade.

Use a new/unused dry applicator on dry paint (this is key).

The Zaino applicator or a MF applicator work best for me. Do not use a previously washed applicator, or one that has been used to apply another product. You want to start with a new ‘virgin’ applicator, and store it in a zip lock bag between uses. If you pick up some dirt, etc… retire the applicator for other duties.

1-2 mists per panel will cover a small/midsized vehicle. Oversized vehicles (Trucks, SUV’s) will require a bit more.

Wipe CS from front to back on top panels (hood, roof, trunk), and up and down on your vertical panels (doors, fenders). Work a section at a time, using a few passes per section covered.

CS begins drying as soon as it’s released from the sprayer.

CS can be used on your paint, trim, lighting, wheels, chrome, hard plastic molding, and interior wood trim.

DO NOT apply to wet or damp paint.

If you are planning to use Z8, wait until AFTER you apply CS. Z8 is very concentrated, and tends to interfere with CS.

If you have any polish or sealer residue left on your paint, it will cause CS to produce a film that will require a Z6 (or other) QD wipe down.

As I noted earlier, work in CS with several passes per section. You don’t want to saturate your applicator or over-mist an area as this can lead to longer drying times, and potentially leave you with a mild residue that will require a final wipe down.

Dry Time: In temps above 65 degrees, CS dries ‘optically clear’ in ~ 15 minutes (sometimes a little more, and sometimes a little less). In colder temps, CS takes ~ 30 minutes or longer.

********** PAY ATTENTION **********

Key Points:

Start with a NEW / DRY applicator. If you use an applicator that has been washed, or used to apply previous products, detergent and/or product residue will transfer to your paint, and the surface will dry ‘cloudy’. A Z6 QD will remove the residue.

Allow CS sufficient dry time.

If it’s damp, humid (i.e. high moisture content in the air) seal with Z2 or Z5 Pro and follow up with a coat of CS another day when the humidity conditions are lower.

********** END **********

I’ve experienced a few isolated incidents where CS dries and leaves behind a faint haze/film, similar to wiping off your paint with a wet towel and letting it air dry. A Z6 QD cleans up the haze with very little effort.

Application/Testing: What Polishes and LSP Have I Used With CS?

* Prep polishes used during testing: Menzerna, BF, 3M, AIO, ZPC .

* CS applied directly over LSP’s: Natty’s, PS, S100, FK-PW, 4* UPP, BF, Z5Pro, Z2Pro.

* Z6, #425, S&W, ISO wipe, and distilled water were all used to wipe down the paint before CS was applied. I prefer using Z6, but all of these products work.

This is a opy/paste from another site.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow. Sal is good at his job...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, let`s hear about the other new product!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds pretty cool! So is there a general timeframe of when this is going to be available to the public?

Post Thanks / Like
    And this is available where?
    Triple Honda Owner

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sal`s also releasing an AIO that doesn`t rquire ZFX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hm. Sounds neat. Wonder when it will be available.

Or what "another site" this is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    Sal`s also releasing an AIO that doesn`t rquire ZFX.

Sheesh, suddenly you`re a copy/paster of few words!

Post Thanks / Like
    look for ZAIO soon also
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well I have been bugging Sal for years to come out with an AIO type product and have to say that Sal has finally perfected it. I am unsure of an exact release date (sorry) but suspect it is coming soon. As with a few of his other products I was asked to help with the beta testing and have to say he knocked another one right out of the park. In the true Zaino fashion it is awesome. And for all those who complain about having to use ZFX your prayers have been answered as well. You can use Z-AIO to prep your paint or do a spot repair and then follow it up with Z2p or Z5p and be done. What more can you ask for. It is also an excellent prerequisite for Clear Seal.

I found that it works well on polished aluminum as well as paint. It can be used alone, followed up with Z2p or Z5p or Zaino`s new Clear Seal. If you haven`t heard about it yet you need to check out the following thread.

copy and paste

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    QUITE WORKING TOO HARD & WASTING TIME!

JUST APPLY & LET DRY!

Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal is finally here after years in development. From conception to realization, the principal and design emphasis of Zaino Z-CS Clear Seal was quite fundamental - an advanced total synthetic polymer protectant that is simply wiped on, and that`s it! Yes, achieve Zaino award winning gloss and protective durability in ONE simple wipe on step. Wipe on, and walk away, you`re done. No buffing. No final wipe down. Simplicity at it`s best. Just apply & let dry.

Zaino is pioneering the industry with Z-CS, a self curing transparent sealer that doesn`t require any buffing or final wiping. Z-CS dries clean and without residue. Use Z-CS on paint, glass, wheels, plastic, or trim for the protection, durability, slickness, and gloss that Zaino is most popular for.

No more short-lived-shine carnauba or silicone based products. No more weak or soft waxes that offer weeks if not mere days of protection. And finally, no more laboring over application. Z-CS is it.

For up to 9 months protection to top coat Zaino Show Car Polish protectants, or use Z-CS by itself (no ZFX). You can even use Z-CS as a top coat to add high-gloss and improved durability to ANY other manufacturer`s product.

You`ll have to forgive our enthusiasm for the release of Z-CS. We are VERY proud to have accomplished the height of product simplicity with a no compromise approach to cutting edge development and industry leading gloss and durability. There simply is not another product like Z-CS in the industry.

Less than 1/4 ounce of Z-CS will complete an average sized vehicle.

VOC free.

someone copied and pasted that from the zaino website

Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt the ZainoAIO sounds like a great product but I have ponder the clear seal for a while to decide. Where did you get the info WannaF?

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    it`s posted over at detailers club

Post Thanks / Like
    If it`s on the Zaino site then it`s invisible to me.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, someone tell me when this is available! Any rough estimate, I don`t care!

Page 1 of 39 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information